• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:56 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

FELLOWSHIP PHASE - Whispers of the Shadow

Started by tomcat, Oct 29, 2015, 05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

:ooc: I'm also out of commission for the next week for sure. Crazy work schedule, plus a death in the extended family, plus doctor's appoints for my daughter's broken arm.  :'(  I will likely be back next week sometime. Thanks.

disench4nted

:ooc:
Holding roll
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

tomcat

:ooc: ok, both PC's earn their basic standard of living from their holds.

Bandobras and Posterboy, we'll see you guys when you are able to return.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Nov 11, 2015, 03:18 AM #63 Last Edit: Nov 11, 2015, 10:04 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Sorry for the long delay. I have to start taking my personal lap top with me when I head off for work because the iPad isn't cutting it for things like this. Anyway, after much delay here is Radagasts post. I don't plan on changing anything with these, just to add some depth of character and push back the boundary of what you guys have seen about Middle-earth so far.

Radagast stood facing south. His hat was pushed back on his head and the long nose of the wizard was prominently sniffing the air. His eyes had a distant look and, other than the rustling of the leaves, only the sound of Rorin's hammer striking metal could be heard. The Beorning stood and waited for Radagast to respond to his question. In the halls of his father he had been taught to respect the elders and let them answer in their own time. The wizard didn't move for a long moment, then he stepped quickly to the brook that ran out of the copse of trees that was his home. He dipped his hand in and tasted the water, then quickly spit it out, mumbling as he did so.
"Master Radagast, the best way north to the hall of Thranduil?" Asked Grimbeorn again.

The wizard's head snapped to the side in response to the sound of the Beorning's words, but Grimbeorn questioned if the wizard had heard him. The Wizard wrung his hands.

"He is coming, he may be here soon. He knows that I was there. He knows that I am out there. I know his heart."
The words were meaningless to Grimbeorn, but the wizard continued.

"We stood side by side in the song. His voice uplifting his master's and my voice mine. In those days we sang the same song. We were but the chorus to the voices of the Ainur, but we followed them and the song here."

"I heard again in the peel of the bell a known fair voice, but now sour. Did I call it? Has it come because of me to this fair land beyond the sea?"

The Beorning wasn't sure that the wizard was even addressing him, the look was so distant in his eye, but he addressed him by name.

"Grimbeorn, when the Second Music comes I will know my part, but will he? Is this the role he is to play in the fate of the second born, or does he carry the tune of his master for his own joy? We sang once together he and I, our voices as one. Long ago, long ago."

We knew that land once, You and I,
and once we wandered there
in the long days now long gone by,
a dark child and a fair.
Was it on the paths of firelight thought
in winter cold and white,
or in the blue-spun twilit hours
of little early tucked-up beds
in drowsy summer night,
that you and I in Sleep went down
to meet each other there,
your dark hair on your white nightgown
and mine was tangled fair?

Radagast spun and lay his hand upon the shoulder of the man.

"Seek you the Hall of the son of Oropher? North it lies, but much more do I see."

"Seek you the son of the father lost in the south? Many passages of the moon has he dwelled under the leaves. He knows. He knows that the rustle of the leaves is not timeless. He saw the girdle fall in his youth and he lives in fear that the weaker shield will break by the same fist that broke the first. And now some of his folk will reject the call of others. They think the peace will last for as long as it did in the days of their father's, they have to but shut their ears to it, but they are wrong."

Grimbeorn's usually stoic face flinched when the wizard grabbed him strongly by the shoulder.

"Will I forever see the same chorus of the music play itself out in Arda? Always have they fought over the fate of the first and second born. I fight for the third, the children of Yavanna."

The wizard closed his eyes a moment and reopened them.

"Grimbeorn son of Beorn, another act of the world is opening. The pale hand that is driven by the power beyond the void stirs once more. Our mission to Dol Guldur was not a failure and it revealed to me more than I wished to find. Go north to the great hall of Thranduil. Tell him of the death of his servant Orophin, but be weary in what you say and who is there to listen.

"A spy sits somewhere in his very hall and in the south of this great wood the earth sours again."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn gave the Wizard a queer look, not knowing to make of his apparent ramblings.  About all he could respond was, "Yes, I will be careful with whom I speak with.  My father has some favor with the King and his could.  I go to do honor to a fallen friend."  The rest he had no clue of "Ainur", "son of the father in the south", or "Yavanna."  He gives his thanks and bids he peace, leaving by himself to tread north in Mirkwood in search of the kingdom of the Woodland Realm.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16