• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:53 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Through the Haunted Wood

Started by tomcat, Sep 23, 2015, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Sorry I missed what's been going on, you've been keeping a faster pace that in the past.  (-D

BATTLE
 :00:
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn is not one to just sneak past an enemy as despicable as these orc.  His blood boils at their mere presence but follows the lead of his companions, that is until the utterly cliche twig snaps under his feet and he pauses to see what happens.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Battle rolls:

Esgalwen
TN 14 battle ♦♦○○○○
:00: 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5

Orophin
TN 14 battle ♦♦○○○○
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4

Quote from: Bandobras on Sep 27, 2015, 03:02 AMSounds reasonable to me. Either that or you could lower the TN by one level.

I think this is a great option! I will make this our standard and at it to our House Rules list.

Just so you know, the other game rule I am housing is that Introductions will not count towards the overall success of an Encounter. All the successful introduction will do is allow you to then do an interaction, which will count towards the Encounter success.[/color]
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The snap of the branch popped in the stillness of the woods. To Bandy, it seemed louder than any noise should have been in such a wet and muffled environment. Even with the noise of their argument, the orcs heard.

"What's that?" asked one.

"Dunno...came from over there," said another.

"You have more of your lads out here ready to ambush us or something," Kor screamed at the other orc leader.

"If we was gonna ambush you, you'd be dead already!" answered the other. "There's something else out there."

As a group the orcs drew their weapons and began to move towards where the companions kept cover.

:ooc: Opening up a combat thread - please post here what stance you will take.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: Unless otherwise noted, Arbogast will be in Open stance. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet