• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:08 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Through the Haunted Wood

Started by tomcat, Sep 23, 2015, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: for years I accused Doug of rigging the dice roller against me. Now I realize he just does it to all the players!

That's three :~~: so far on this leg og the journey, and in Southern Mirkwood,  >:D  [<  >:D

I'll revisethe earlier post for Rorin, any word on Orophin?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: I am collecting the roll results and going through PM's right now.

I am waiting on Bandobras to post - might make the rolls for him tonight if he is still busy, just so I can give you guys more info.

Also waiting to hear if Shawn wants Orophin - otherwise the Elf is gone. Kory (Stefan) just bought a new house and is very busy with real life right now and will be taking some time away from our boards.

I will get a post up in a little while.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Sep 24, 2015, 02:27 PM #17 Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015, 02:29 PM by Eclecticon
Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 24, 2015, 01:30 PM:ooc: for years I accused Doug of rigging the dice roller against me. Now I realize he just does it to all the players!

That's three :~~: so far on this leg og the journey, and in Southern Mirkwood,  >:D  [<  >:D
:ooc: Yeah, we're really cranking out the hazard episodes here!  We don't even have the consolation you get with physical dice, which can have all the bad numbers rolled out of them early in the session. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Or flung across the room in punishment.

The hand of the roleplayer is a fickle god....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Bandobras

:ooc: I'm back.

First Travel roll
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8

Second Travel Roll
Rolled 1d12 : 7, total 7

Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9

Bandobras

:ooc: I'm a little uncertain how Radagast's magic feet work. Did Bandy get a success on both rolls because he adds his Heart score to each?

tomcat

:ooc: yea, I am working out everybody's rolls right now.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Orophin

TN 18    Travel (H)   ♦♦○○○○
:00: travel test 1 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6+3 : 5, 1 + 3, total 9
:00: travel test 2 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6+3 : 1, 5 + 3, total 9

tomcat

:ooc: These are the results of the Travel tests for Fatigue

PCTEST 1TEST 2ENCOTHER
Esgalwen14 :~~: 18 pass+2Guide Roll (travel) 19
Arbogast16 :~~: 19 pass+2Scout Roll (explore) 14
Grimbeorn22 pass17 fail+2n/a
Rorin15 fail14 :~~: +4n/a
Bandy23 pass21 passn/an/a
Orophin18 pass10 fail+2n/a

HAZARD TARGET rolls
Roll(1d12)+0: 2,+0 Total:2 - GUIDE (Esgalwen rolled a 19 success)
Roll(1d12)+0: 5,+0 Total:5 - SCOUT (Arbogast rolled a 14 Fail - spend a hope to achieve TN 18?)
Roll(1d12)+0: 6,+0 Total:6 - HUNTSMAN

Well, those kind of fell in order as the rolls already given.

Here is Grimbeorn's Explore test TN 18
TN 18 Hunting (W)   ♦♦♦○○○
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 5, 5, total 14

Eclecticon

:ooc: Consider my Hope point spent. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Sep 24, 2015, 07:56 PM #25 Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015, 08:02 PM by tomcat
:ooc: I have updated everyone's sheets for Fatigue from the table above

Arbogast spends a Hope to clear his test.

Grimbeorn rolls an  :~~:  for his Hazard Episode that was triggered by Rorin... I will get to the effects of this later in the Narrative.

Time to get back to the story!  ;D

Feel free to add narrative and dialogue for this thread for either before my text below (back to when the body was found), during it (meaning: add what you will about the burial and freeing the body) or after it (anything regarding moving forward from here).

Esgalwen scrambled forward towards the dead man, but was grabbed by the strong hands of the Beorning - there was naught she could do and the body was foul. They would need to bring it down and give the man a proper burial, but she should not be the one to do this thing. It was her friend and she did not need to see the pain to which he had been subjected.

Radagast whispered a word to the Vala under his breath as the trussed branches were cut and the body fell to the ground. There was an unpleasant, muted cracking sound as the man landed on the soft earth. Rorin and Bandobras were already at work making a hole, while Orophin, Grimbeorn and Arbogast drew the dead man to where they dug. Esgalwen sat, rummaging through the articles of his person that remained. She knew who he was - Ardil, son of Hardon, and he had been only thirty years old. Young for a Dúnadan, but he had been brave and fair. She remembered when he had taken his station among the Rangers of Ithilien, brandishing his father's sword that had been bestowed to this young son who had taken on such a mantle.

Where was it? she suddenly thought, looking around and underneath the nearby foliage. She found nothing.

It was dusk by the time the companions had completed their work. Radagast spoke, "We can go no further this day. Our hearts are burdened with the sadness of this scene and the light of day is behind us. We will continue in the morning."

Morning came like a gloomy omen. Rain fell from the sky and pattered down on them through the canopy. Rorin went to their bags to grab a bite of food for all of them, so they might break their fast. He gave a slight cry to the others when he saw, "OUR BAGS!"

The companions looked to see where the Dwarf stood, brushing something from the bags. Rorin shook his hand with a yelp as something bit him. They all came over to see that their backpacks had been invaded overnight by a pestilent, black mass of insects. They crawled over and inside the packs and had tainted all the food that had been stored within.

They now had nothing to eat.

With the gloom hanging over them, the oppressiveness of the woods and rain, and the terrible evil that seemed to cling to the area, the companions sat quietly and brooded. Were they defeated? Could they make it to that horrid castle, find what the wizards needed, and then make it home?

As if aware of their thoughts, Radagast's voice filled the thick silence. "We must tighten our belts and move on. Sitting here will accomplish us nothing. Perhaps along the way we can find safe things to eat, but the sooner we make our way the sooner we can leave this awful place."

Eclecticon

Sep 24, 2015, 08:53 PM #26 Last Edit: Sep 25, 2015, 02:29 AM by Eclecticon
Arbogast regards the ruined body of a man he never knew, now to lie in a resting place far from his lands and kin.  He tries to pay no mind to the dark, scuttling shapes that emerge from the disturbed soil, for such things are of the darkest part of the forest and best not dwelled upon by those that walk in the light.  The Ranger is laid upon the remains of his cloak, and yet still seems ill-prepared for his journey to whatever fate awaits the souls of Men. 

As the fellowship goes to begin filling in the grave, he holds up a hand.  "This man was kin to Esgalwen, whom we know.  To go unarmed into death is not fit for one such as he."  Then he carefully lowers himself down beside the body and places his spear beside the corpse.  He gives a slight nod of satisfaction, then raises his arms to be helped out of the grave. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: If Heart is the attribute, then Grimbeorn's first roll succeeds 8+8+6=24.  Grimbeorn's second roll needs to use an Advantage Die.

:00:
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

"I am a hunter by heart," says Grimbeorn.  "I can find us something to eat.  Or do you think, Master Radagast, that what might be found wouldn't be fair to eat?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Excellent, Matt!

I will remove the fatigue from your sheet.