• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:16 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Through the Haunted Wood

Started by tomcat, Sep 23, 2015, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Sep 23, 2015, 01:53 PM Last Edit: Jul 25, 2017, 11:30 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Moving these items forward:

Results of Lore tests for Journey

PCAdvantagePosition
Arbogast1 diescout
Esgalwen1 dieguide
Bandy1 dielook-out
Grimbeorn2 dicehunter
Orophin0 dice
Rorin0 dice

The journey from Tyrant's Hill to Dol Guldur is:

60 miles
10 days of travel
2 Fatigue test required TN 18

You will need to:

1) make a travel roll for your Fatigue test
2) a success means the PC made the travel unhindered; a FAIL result means you will increase your Fatigue by 2 (Encumbrance value)
3) on an  :~~: , a hazard occurs

South of the Tyrant's Hill, their journey changed dramatically. The company was now in the haunted woods of Southern Mirkwood, where the shadow still lay heavily over the forest. Even with summer blooming to the north, the woods here were slimy and dank and foul.

The journey to the edge of Dol Guldur covered sixty miles and took ten days. Paths would abruptly end or would weave back round on themselves causing confusion for the guides. Large deadfalls would bar their way and the company would need to troop around them, sometimes going far astray. At times the path would submerge into foul pools or streams and again their journey was thwarted. Even Radagast began to show signs that his spirits were tried and he, too, would suffer from the oppressing gloom and noxious vapours that rose in the morning and dissipate only by midday.

On the sixth day out from Tyrant's Hill, Esgalwen who led the Company as their guide climbed up a thick twist of roots - the tree growing on the edge of an embankment. Her hand reached the ground, as she pulled herself up, her fingers squishing into the moss and mud. The sight before her made her stifle a scream. The Dúnadan had seen much in her time along the borders of Mordor, but the horror before her was pure cruelty.

The hiss of her breath caused Arbogast to scramble up beside her, followed by the rest of her companions. Strung between two trees - its branches roped together with vines to make a truss - was the body of a man...or what had been a man. He hung upside down, his face black from the pooling of his own blood. The body had been opened at the stomach and the viscera hung down like the vines of the forest. It was evident that creatures had taken interest in the dead man and cruel bites pocked the flesh.

Esgalwen at last let loose the cry when she saw among the littered items, under the body, a cloak that she knew belonged to a Ranger of Ithilien.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc: Alright, well, here are Esgalwen's two travel rolls for fatigue (TN=18):

travel skill = 3 3d6 : 1, 6, 4, total 11
feate die 1d12 : 11, total 11

Posterboy

:ooc:  >:p  Well, poo. That first roll is not so good. Here's my guide roll for triggering a hazard (sorry companions):

Travel Skill = 3: 3d6 : 5, 6, 4, total 15

Feat Die: 1d12 : 4, total 4

Posterboy

:ooc:  #:S Hopefully, a 19 is good enough to overcome the hazard...

Here is my second fatigue roll (TN=18):

Travel Skill (3): 3d6 : 6, 5, 2, total 13

Feat Die: 1d12 : 1, total 1

Posterboy

:ooc: Oh... close! 14, plus bonus 3 I get from the backpack, brings it to 17. I'll spend my bonus journey die to succeed:
Bonus die: 1d6 : 1, total 1

Telcontar

:ooc: Don't forget that Radagast's blessing applies to Fatigue tests too.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

First roll:
Rolled 2d6+6 : 2, 5 + 6, total 13
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: I think I need new e-dice - these ones roll numbers I do not wish them to! 

I'll make my second Travel roll, just to speed things along, but I'll wait until I know what the hazard is before I do any more. 

Rolled 2d6+6 : 4, 5 + 6, total 15
Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: On second thought, I'm going to add my bonus die to my first total (still possible I might escape without further fatigue):
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

I'll also roll my Explore skill in case one of the hazards lands on scouty ol' me (according to p 160, they don't have to):
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 1, 1, total 6
Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: Well, that was a bust.  If the hazard ends up pointed my way, I'll spend a Hope point to bring the total up to 18, on the assumption that the TN is the same as for our Travel rolls. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Here goes nothing...
 :00:
TN 18 Travel -  1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 3, total 8

TN 18 Travel -  1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 3d6 : 2, 3, 3, total 8

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 23, 2015, 06:49 PM:ooc: Don't forget that Radagast's blessing applies to Fatigue tests too.

:ooc: The bonus comes from which attribute?  Also if the skill is a Favored Skill, would the Attribute value be the Favored value?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

I believe a Fatigue test is a Heart Attribute, so the Heart score, if it's favored, then yes that one.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

disench4nted

Sep 24, 2015, 11:47 AM #13 Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015, 02:20 PM by tomcat

TN 18 Travel - This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 1, 6, total 10

TN 18 Travel - This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 3, 3, total 10

disench4nted

:ooc: Whoops, bad formatting. Also crap rolls....