• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 27, 2024, 06:41 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

On Tyrant's Hill

Started by tomcat, Sep 12, 2015, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

Quote from: Eclecticon on Sep 17, 2015, 09:17 PMAs Bandobras settles in to his tale, Arbogast makes his excuses and stands up from the long table.  Then, keeping his expression as neutral as he can, he walks to the door, passing close by Esgalwen.  He pretends to be unconcerned, sparing but a quick glance at Aldwyn's map as he walks past. 

He catches up to the crippled man outside the door to the Hall.  "Your pardon, sir," he says, "but might I speak with you a while?  I am the fire-watcher, and a friend of Esgalwen." 

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 17, 2015, 04:55 PM :ooc: Arbogast rolled an  :~~: , so take that into account.
:ooc:Yeah, he's really worked himself up into a paranoid mess over this!  I'm going to make an Awareness roll (based on the fact that it's a sidelong glance and not a close examination) to try and work out what the map is, and a Stealth roll to hide the fact that I'm doing it.  Posterboy, you can oppose the Stealth roll with an Awareness, if you want Esgalwen to see him acting all suspicious! 

:ooc: I think I'm going to just leave it. Esgalwen would trust her companions well enough.  :P Arbogast can come apologize later.

Eclecticon

As he moves into the gloom of the forest once more, ahead of the remainder of the Fellowship, Arbogast ponders the words of Aldwyn the previous evening. 

Pasts that are not to be spoken of, but which include willing service to the Necromancer... no, to the Shadow itself, for they are one, and with one purpose!  Notes passed to the Ranger by a fellow foreigner, and a softening of Mogdred's harsh manner when she is by his side.  What can this mean?  And what can it mean for my people? 

Speaking nothing of his mind to the others, he pressed ahead.  For now, even the darkness of the wood was preferable to the company of others. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet