• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:44 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

CHAPTER 2 - Whispers of the Shadow

Started by tomcat, Aug 17, 2015, 05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 02, 2015, 01:28 PMShe no longer needed to hide the ring and was willing to use its power.

:ooc: Excellent point, Tom!

Ayrn - thanks for your input. The first Adventuring Phase - The Wizard's Man - was ridiculously short and I have no idea how anyone would have earned anything off of it. I only awarded 6 and 8 on the combined first two Adventuring Phases and none for three...so...

This said, I will meet you all in the middle - 15 AP and 10 XP instead of the 7 and 8.

Please update your advancement posts above with the new awarded points and how you spent them. I am going to continue our story.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Bandobras

Even better. Thanks Doug and Ayrn.

I will now improve Bandy's bow to 3 and Short Sword to 2 and bank the remaining two XPs. Bandy will bump Athletics two 2 and Insight to 2, and bank the the remaining 3 APs.

Posterboy

(>d  (>d  (>d  (>d  (>d  (>d  (>d  (>d  (>d  (>d
"And the people rejoiced!"

Thanks Doug! I'll get back to this later on Esgalwen's advancements.
Ayrn

Posterboy

Sep 04, 2015, 03:38 PM #33 Last Edit: Sep 04, 2015, 03:40 PM by Posterboy
 :ooc: Esgalwen will spend her APs as follows:
6 points to raise Song from 1 to 2... she has spent time with the men of Tyrant's Hill. The Songs of the Free has often helped to keep the Shadow at bay.
8 points to raise Persuade from 1 to 2... she spent a lot of time nagging Mogdred not to attack his kin and focus on clearing out the Shadow.  ;) 
1 point to be saved for later.

Esgalwen will spend her XPs as follows:
10 points to raise Valour from 1 to 3... she will claim a "Well-Crafted Backpack" and "Keen Longsword" as her rewards.
2 points to raise Spear from 0 to 1... she has lived amongst the folk of Tyrant's Hill and learnt a bit from them.

Esgalwen will change her equipment as well as follows:
She'll leave her bow with Mogdred for safe keeping and take up a spear
She'll gain the Well-Crafted Backpack.

I believe this will make her carried encumbrance equal to 4 (armor) + 3 (sword) + 2 (spear), and her travel gear equal to 1 (due to the Backpack).

Eclecticon

:ooc: Righto.  I'm going to use the two XP I banked earlier, plus the additional two just awarded, to bump Arbogast's Dagger skill up to 2, because you never know when that's going to come in handy.  I'll also increase Riddle to 2 with the additional 8 XP. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Sep 05, 2015, 09:07 AM #35 Last Edit: Sep 05, 2015, 09:20 AM by GandalfOfBorg
 :ooc:
Based upon what Beorn had left over from before, he now has 14 XP and 17 AP to spend.
Travel 2->3 (9 AP)
Battle 1->2 (8 AP)
Valour 2->3 (6 XP) ===> Keen Weapon
Wisdom 2->3 (6 XP) ===> Giant Strength

Remaining: 0 AP, 2 XP.

Updated Grimbeorn character sheet in Character Sheet topic.

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Awesome guys!

Arbogast  :csu:
Bandy  :csu:
Esgalwen  :csu:
Grimbeorn  :csu:

Your sheets are updated (whether by you or me) in the Stats thread as well as the Profiler sheet.

Waiting on Stefan and disench4nted to see if their PC's will remain in the game.

Ayrn - where will I find the Well-crafted Reward at? I just want to know for my future reference. I love new books for games, but when they start to scatter new rules throughout, it becomes a pain in the ass.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc: Doug, it's one of Esgalwen's cultural rewards that I made up... so, it's in the "tales of years and resources" thread

tomcat