• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:50 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Folk-Moot

Started by tomcat, Jul 03, 2015, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: I need an Awe, Courtesy, Song or Inspire roll from Arbogast, Esgalwen and Orophin.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

As the man, Gromborn, ended his speech Orophim entered the tent.  He strode silently over to where the Hobbit was sitting crossed his legs and sat down next to his companion.

Awe:
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10

disench4nted

:ooc: Finally a decent roll! Looks like Orophin needs to give up his bow and just start inspiring Awe in people haha.

Eclecticon

:ooc: Hmmm.  Arbogast isn't really talking yet.  I'm happy to make an Inspire roll now (see below, to avoid slowing things down) to represent being cautiously positive in some quiet side-conversations, but I was really hoping for a chance to bust out his Persuade later on, when the debate is raging.  Perhaps that's more of a one-on-one deal. 

Inspire roll Inspire 1 (turns out he sucks at public speaking)
:00: 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Jul 15, 2015, 06:43 PM #19 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 06:49 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: Wow, that's even worse than I thought it was going to be!  Arbogast's folk really don't seem to like him. 

If I'd been thinking, I would have said "I'm just going to be patient and/or cunning, take the base success number now and wait for my chance to speak at exactly the right moment."  C'est la vie...
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Not sure if Ayrn is still slammed with work, but I am going to roll for Esgalwen...

TN -- Courtesy   ♦♦○○○○
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, all of the inspiration has been rolled and we have achieved 47 points. You guys will get the chance to spread your points out to the three different proposals, as you see fit.

Essentially, what the points imply is your argument for or against a certain proposal, and thus gain percentage of approval from the clans folk, or dissent.

Paul, as for the debate really raging - we can RP it out, which is what I would like to see you guys do (interact with NPC's); or we can just have the Inspiration point chart emulate how the debate went back and forth. I am waiting for Tom to enter with his NPC, but that should happen now that Orophin has walked back into tent-town.

Ingomer stood and raised a hand, cutting off Hartfast as the mountain-man continued his argument towards the Beornings and their taxation of the roads out of the mountains. The leader of the moot gave the Elf a questioning look, "Master Orophin, you have returned out of the forest after near fifteen days of being gone...do you not have a tale to tell?"

Stefan

"Sadly, not much of a tale.  I followed the man who escaped us in the woods back to this hill in the south on which they've built a fortified town with a wooden palisade. There looked to be about fifteen score or so in the village.  I put an arrow in the man as a warning to stay out of our woods then returned here."

Telcontar

:ooc: my post will be up tonight.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

As Orophin rose to speak there was a rustling in the crowd of the tent as if more room was being made for newcomers. The wood elf's words were scarcely done when the crowd parted and a fletched arrow well known to Orophin struck head first into the ground for all to see.

"And well did that arrow find its mark into one of people!" resounded s stern voice from the crowd. The crowd rippled again and a group of figures were revealed. To the company they were recognized as bearing the same gear and equipment of the men they had recently done battle with in the woods. Several of the men bore sacks over their shoulders, but one stood clearly in charge.

The leader, like his men, was well armed and equipped. Their gear of war looked cared for, but well worn and often in the field. The stranger took a few quick steps forward so that all in the tent could both see and hear him. The light of the tent revealed a dragon helm upon his head, the light making the bronze shine and flicker like flame.

Ingomer stood and was the first to speak after the moment of silence.

"Only Woodmen and their friends are welcome here."

The keen eared among the crowd heard a low chuckle come from under the helm. When a hand swept up to remove it.

"Oh, but I am a Woodman, by blood and birth. Don't you know me father? You called me Ingold, your eldest and only son. Though now men call me Mogdred."

Ingomer looked at the man, face suddenly slack, and sat down again.

Mogdred scanned the room and spoke with a voice the filled the tent.

"For many years I was a slave in the dungeons of the Necromancer. Now, I am lord of the place you call Tyrannt's Hill and command many men."

The man spun on Amaleoda and a finely wrought intricate blade sprung from its scabbard, gripped in a tortured scarred hand. "You and yours would be long dead if it were not for our protection and the valiant deeds of my men." The man lowered the blade point, but the naked blade still shown in the light.

"Darkness does indeed return to the forest, had you all the eyes to see it. There are Orcs in Fenbridge, and shadows stir again in the fortress that was my prison, the mount of the Necromancer."

A voice then spoke from the nameless crowd, "What do you want here? Your men killed Beran."

"Killed Beran? A trespasser and a spy we believed him to be. How many would have been treated the same by you in your homes? How many unmarked graves lie in the woods, dead at the hands of an elf arrow when a man lost in the woods strayed too close to their homes? We did no more to him than this elfing did, and this woodelf here was far from home to call it defense. If the man had a just purpose he should have revealed it, instead of skulking in the woods. I will consider the wergild for the one you call Beran paid, if he was honest, due to the death of my own men who's families I will now have to support."

"I have come for a seat at in this council of Woodmen, tribute from the Black Tarn, which is just for the protection provided, wives for my warriors, and for gold from the mountains.  This is no more than any other clan chief wants for his people. This stranger..." and it this he pointed to Ceawin, :"who is not a woodman by any reckoning, offered you trinkets and sweetcakes. My offer is of a far more practical sort."

He motions with his hand and the men bearing the sacks step forward. A rustle and a tumbling is heard by all in the tent as objects begin to spill from the sacks.  Several gasps are heard from the crowd as the upended sacks spill forth the severed heads of orcs.

"Here are the pledges of the Men of Amon Bauglir. What say you to my terms?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Bandobras

"Bah!" spits Bandy, as he leaps back onto his chair. The memory of Dagmar's knife cutting deep into Beran's chest overriding his caution. "You, Mogdred, come to us like the thief who demands restitution after he has been caught and the goods returned to their rightful owner. Had you presented yourself with an honest heart and displayed some willingness to discuss the issues that stand between us, I would beg for your inclusion at this meeting. But coming here and demanding tribute at the point of the sword from people you claim as kinfolk reveals you for the blackguard you are. If Mogdred takes a seat at this council, I predict his demands will grow and he will turn this body of equals into a tyranny."

:ooc: Persuade
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1

Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11

Telcontar

"A child speaks while others are silent eh? The moot is the very place for such things to be discussed, learn better the ways of a folk before entering their conversations boy. No one has taken such umberage at the same tolls charged by the Beornings."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Bandobras

Careful who you call child. I am the slayer of Bloody Muzzle and I am the one who defeated your servant Dagmar after she buried her dagger to the hilt into a defenseless man's chest. We can use your strength, that is true, but I for one will not submit to demands or veiled threats against Black Tarn. I want to know what others think.

:ooc: Not sure if I can try again, but here is another persuade roll.
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11

Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn stands with his companions against the newcomer with axe out upon seeing the flash of the blade.  "My companion here certainly has proven more courage and honor than we've seen from your people as of yet.  Your demands have been heard and I'm sure will be discussed but you gain no favors here by your presentation."

:ooc: Intent is to intimidate to cause him to back down his attitude/tone.
Awe -  1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 6, 3, total 14

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

Orophin's bow was in his hand and arrow nocked before the men had made it inside the tent.  He responded to the man's insult with calm composure barely veiling his anger.

"My people do not murder one another or follow the shadow like those men.  Perhaps were those men not skulking murders, as you're people have proven themselves to be, my King would be a little more accepting of their presence in his realm."