• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Aug 23, 2019, 12:51 am

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


Pirates' surge - round 1

Started by tomcat, Jun 27, 2015, 01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Jun 27, 2015, 01:52 pm Last Edit: Jun 27, 2015, 01:58 pm by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: The team is in the primary cargo hold and the pirates have freed themselves above, by blowing out the bulkheads and portals. They now come, but the team does not yet know their numbers

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

  • All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Position -  BG1 is hidden above the team amidst the cargo crates that are suspended by maglocks

Martel - 23/96 CT -1
Mitts* - 44/80 CT -1
Hammer - 0/91
Haywire - 20/81
Longshot - 33/81
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
Bando Gora Captain BG1 - REF 24, HP 0/102 CT -0, Threshold 25, FP -1 [Dark Raged - gains +6 to attack and damage, spends FP to maintain for combat]
Pirates - UNKNOWN
* have taken their second wind

Consumption:
I am not going to concern with consumption due to the increased capacity of your weapons, unless you guys use autofire, or any grenades.

Initiative:
tbd as soon as enemies approach


The map below shows the layout, and blast radii of the four explosions set by Haywire. They may be fired individually for 5d6 each to any within their blast zone, or all at once for 11d6 in the entire area. I am rolling four d20's below to assure they are all active (only a roll of 1 will mean one is not armed correctly)
Roll(1d20)+0: 2,+0 Total:2
Roll(1d20)+0: 20,+0 Total:20
Roll(1d20)+0: 17,+0 Total:17
Roll(1d20)+0: 15,+0 Total:15

you guys can give me a general idea where you are on the map. Matt, I will apply your Perception roll to this round.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

 :ooc: After helping Mitts, Longshot would prefer to scramble somewhere with a good line-of-sight and some coverage for safety (higher is better, if possible). He'd set up with his rifle and attempt to lock down an area that Martel specified.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Hammer watched the ropes drop from the ceiling as the pirates called down to them.  There's no way they could be that stupid, he thought to himself as he made sure that his team was in position to cover the lift.

"This smells like a trap.  I'm going to cover our rear to make sure they're not sneaking up behind us. Haywire, Mitts, You guys light up anything that comes down that shaft.  Longshot, Get someplace that you can see in both directions."

Hammer then walks across the freight lift and crouches behind one of the pallets there so that he has a good view of both the far end of the bay as well as the inside of the freight lift by glancing one direction or the other.

"Commander, we're set down here."




LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

disench4nted

"Roger that sir."

Haywire takes cover behind another of the pallets so that he can see the enemies soon to be coming out of the lift. He prepares his detonators and waits for enemies to start coming through.

tomcat

The troopers took cover with three of the members watching the lift entrance and Hammer covering their rear. Martel jumped from high above to land safely on the deck, the Force slowing his fall. As he landed, clinking sounds were heard landing in the man-lift, as well, and then a hiss. Smoke began to grow and then billow out of the man-lift entrance. As the smoke rolled out into the cargo bay, the high whine of something fast-roping down, and then heavily landing emanated from the elevator tube.



:ooc: Hammer, I need a Perception DC 14

Everybody else, let me know what you want to do pre-combat. I am essentially giving you first actions since they have to come down the tube.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Martel quickly reacts, using the Force to knock the smoke grenade back into the lift and activates his lightsabers.  "Let's get the job done."

  :ooc:
 :00:
use the force -  1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19




tomcat

:ooc:  Hey Matt, you can take back your Use the Force action for this round if you want - the smoke canisters that were dropped are in the man-lift tube, but the smoke is billowing out of the door. Everyone will be affected by a -5 concealment to the attacks at anyone within the smoke, unless you have some sort of infrared sighting (not low-light, which is what most of you have).

So, anyway, keep your SWIFT action activate lightsaber and cool dialogue, but you are welcome to do over your STANDARD and MOVE actions.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

 :ooc: Ah ok, I get it now.  Is there any large debris or crates, etc. that could say fit over the doorway to the lift?

Stefan

 :ooc: Hammer's Perception roll -
DC 12 Perception +11
:00: 1d20+11 : 17 + 11, total 28

LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

Stefan

Hammer gets down behind some of the crates hoping to spring his own trap on anyone sneaking up from their rear.  He braces is weapon and prepares to fire on the pirates as soon as he has a clear shot.

Stealth +17
Rolled 1d20+17 : 14 + 17, total 31
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Jul 12, 2015, 03:49 pm:ooc: Ah ok, I get it now.  Is there any large debris or crates, etc. that could say fit over the doorway to the lift?

:ooc: Hey Matt, yes, there are plenty of skids and pallets of cargo that could be Force lifted and placed in front of the access door from the elevator shaft.

Save for the smoke, nothing had yet come out of the lift exit. Were the pirates in there waiting for their own smoke to clear with weapons poised?

Behind the team, from his vantage point, Hammer could hear the sounds of many booted feet coming down the emergency stairwell to the cargo hold deck. He lifted his rifle to the direction of the door as it pushed open and spilled forth a dozen armed pirates. He was right! They were using the elevator shaft as a ruse.

:ooc: Hammer has surprise attack on these pirates and all are flat-footed. I will update the header post to reflect the bad guys stats.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Hammer waited for a moment, letting the pirates think they had the drop on him, but in reality he was waiting for them to come out of the stairway so that he could hit more of them while they were in the open.

As they poured through the door he whispered through the Comm to the team,"I was right, they're trying to sneak up behind us.  I don't want to give up the element of surprise so on my count, turn and light them up."

Once the main body of them were out and in the open Hammer flips his selector to full auto and
"Three, Two, One, FIRE!" He pulls the trigger, pouring bursts of deadly light into the midst of the group.

DC Unknown Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle* +10 (3d10+8) when braced on autofire and Point Blank Range
:00: 1d20+10 : 19 + 10, total 29

:dmg: 3d10+8 : 9, 3, 3 + 8, total 23


Using Autofire Sweep [when making an autofire attack, can attack all targets in a six-square cone; origin square can be any in line of sight and within Point Blank range]

Improved Suppression Fire [all targets in an autofire attack area take a -2 penalty to all attacks until the start of your next turn]
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

GandalfOfBorg

Martel reset himself upon receiving the new intel.  Just as the pirates burst through, he launched a wave of force in their direction.

 :ooc: Martel will use Force Blast, moving close enough if necessary.
 :00:
Force Blast -  1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19


GandalfOfBorg

 :ooc: I'll spend a Force point for +4...
 :00:
Damage -  2d6+4 : 3, 6 + 4, total 13

disench4nted

"Blast it!" Haywire said to nobody in particular, this fight was quickly turning against the squad and he knew that they needed to get out of this death trap. Haywire hooked his already primed detonator to his belt where he could easily reach it, turned and fired his underslung grenade launcher at the center of this new group of pirates.

DC Unknown grenade launcher +10 (4d6+5, 2-square burst) with Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2

Rolled 4d6 : 5, 3, 6, 5, total 19