• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 17, 2024, 11:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Urska the Bloodymuzzle - round 1

Started by tomcat, Apr 30, 2015, 09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Apr 30, 2015, 09:24 AM Last Edit: Apr 30, 2015, 09:28 AM by tomcat
Situation: The company is engaged in combat by a large wild boar within a clearing of the forest. Esgalwen may enter combat by round 3, if she wishes, having maybe (?) chased after the wild pig.

Situation Modifiers:
• Company has initiative.
• Arbogast combat advantage - awarded two (2) success die.
• Bandy combat advantage - awarded two (1) success die.

Physical Modifiers:
• It is night time (have to see if there are any diverse affects)

[tabular type=4 caption="Battle stances"]
[row][head]STANCE[/head][head]TN[/head][head]PC / ENEMY[/head][head]Options[/head][/row]
[row][data]Forward - action order 1
Close combat[/data][data]TN 6+[/data][data]none[/data][data]Intimidate - may forgo attack and make Awe or Battle  roll to remove 1 or more Hate from enemies on success; fail PC loses 1 Hope[/data][/row]
[row][data]Open - action order 2
Close combat[/data][data]TN 9+[/data][data]Grimbeorn, Urska[/data][data]Rally - may forgo attack and make Inspire or Song roll, restore 1 or more Encumbrance to all PC's on success; fail PC loses 1 Hope[/data][/row]
[row][data]Defensive - action order 3
Close combat[/data][data]TN 12+[/data][data]Arbogast[/data][data]Prepare Shot - spend an entire round aiming shot, if your attack succeeds in the next round, you achieve a Called Shot[/data][/row]
[row][data]Rearward - action order 4
Ranged combat
Must be 2 other PC's in Close Combat
May not use if outnumbered 2:1
[/data][data]TN 12+[/data][data]Bandy, Orophin[/data][data]Protect Companion - choose a companion in Open or Forward, if they are hit you may spend 1 Hope and become the target of the attack instead[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

I am still reading the Combat chapter to make sure I have things right, but feel free to start your rolls. Do not worry about order of posting, but understand that I will put your actions in Action Order by stance. So, if an enemy that you have swung at is killed in a combat round prior to your actions being resolved in order, you have lost your round's opportunity to have an effect. Make sense?

More than likely though, I will give you the option to change your actions.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

It came out of the low scrub plants, in which it had hidden itself. The boar was huge, its shoulders meeting most of the Men at their belt. There was a thick, coarse mane of brown-black hair that wrapped its head and yellowed tusks jutted from Urska's mouth. The scent of blood was heavy in the air and the wild beast wanted to make a quick meal of what ever it could catch and carry away, and so it set its eyes on Bandy, even as the young Hobbit stood behind his companions. Urska lowered its head and snorted deep as it charged - its tusks chomping in its strong jaws.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Bandobras

Bandy swallowed hard as the raging boar, bigger than himself, came charging out of the undergrowth directly at him. Despite the presence of his comrades, he felt small and alone. Knowing that he might have only one chance, he drew the bow, took deliberate aim, and released.

Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7

Bandobras

:ooc: Looks promising. If I take the highest feat die roll, my total is 17 with a 6. Depending on the boar's parry rating, I might inflict bonus damage and maybe even a wound.

Stefan

Standing next to his new hobbit friend Orophin let his bow sing as well.

TN - 12+ Bow
This dice roll has been tampered with!
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2
:dmg: damage   5   edge   10   injury   14

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn makes a mighty roar to challenge the beast.  The young warrior raises his hefty axe and brings down a mighty blow against the boar.  He does what he can to protect himself with his shield and dancing out of the way to avoid being gored.

:ooc:
Attack
Roll(1d12)+0: 10,+0 Total:10
Roll(3d6)+0: 3,6,5,+0 Total:14
TOTAL: 24 & GREAT SUCCESS :)

Damage
Wpn Dmg + Body Dmg = 7 + 6 =13
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Bandobras

:ooc: Ooops, forgot my weapon stats. Bow: Damage 5, Edge 10, Injury 14, Damage Bonus 2. Tota Damage = 7.

tomcat

:ooc: Going to wait for Arbogast's attack before I do the results and post the boar's attack.

Results thus far:
Bandy rolled 17 Great success
Orophin rolled a 10
Grimbeaorn rolled a 24 Great success

Eclecticon

:ooc: Sorry to hold things up - blame time zones.  Arbogast will hold his position behind the fire as long as the Bloodymuzzle seems to be coming in his direction.  If it gets too close to Bandobras, he'll Protect him (p.180), but that's probably a matter for subsequent rounds. 

attacking with his axe
:00: 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

{:dmg:} 5, Edge G, Injury 18, Damage bonus 2
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Urska rolls to determine if Bandy's attack causes a piercing blow.

TN 14
:00: 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 5, total 8

tomcat

May 01, 2015, 01:00 PM #10 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:02 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Wow, this was an amazingly lame first encounter for me!  (-D

Urska maneuvered from Arbogast's swing only to grunt as Grimbeorn's wicked Bear Claw hacked into its flank. Still the boar had its intent to race through the encampment, snatching up its quarry along the way.

Orophin's arrow flew from the string only to tangle and stick in the beast's mane, but it was Bandy's shot that mattered. The young hobbit released his missile and it flew straight into Urska's left eye. The metal tipped shaft broke through the ocular socket of the boar's skull and into it brain. Urska the bloodymuzzle, terrible haunt of the surrounding woods, tripped and fell, its momentum causing it to slide a few feet across the forest floor. The lungs heaved twice, there was a shudder, and then it died.

The companions all looked to their diminutive companion, his own face a look of panic, and they all smiled. Bandobras Bracegirdle had slain the beast!

Bandobras

Bandy stands staring, slack jawed and wide eyed, at the enormous and now motionless boar laying near his feet. Without taking his eyes off the beast, he slowly backs up a few steps and sits on a nearby log trying to comprehend what had just happened. He felt different and indescribably changed.

GandalfOfBorg

"Fierce in a pinch is what I've heard about your kind, halfling," grinned grimbeorn and slapping bandy on the back so hard he fell off his log.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Bandobras

Bandy, feeling himself being lifted off the log by friend's congratulatory, snaps out his reverie, smiles, and thinks "I do feel fierce, or at least I did." "Thank you my friend. Bear Claw slowed the creature so I could get a good shot.  Otherwise I might have been impaled on those fearsome tusks. What is this beast? I have never seen a boar so large. Do any of you have any knowledge of it?

GandalfOfBorg

"Nay.  I have only been this far south in the Vale once a few years past, accompanying my father to counsel with the Brown Wizard following the great mountain battle," reminisced the Beorning youth.
Gwaithlim Weapons