• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:15 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Hunt

Started by tomcat, Apr 22, 2015, 01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: I'll follow suit - I think it keeps things moving better if you handle automatic, 'passive' rolls.  I'll do an Awareness roll too, this time. 

Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Apr 27, 2015, 02:40 PM #46 Last Edit: Apr 27, 2015, 03:09 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: Nice.  Arbogast's Natual Watchfulness virtue bumps that up to a great success, so I don't think anyone's getting surprised tonight. 

I'll also attempt a preliminary Battle roll (see p.151):
Rolled 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Arbogast's axe is in his hand as soon as he hears the great boar's squeal.  He has heard such sounds before, though never so deep or so loud, and knows that it means an oncoming charge with plenty of furious muscle behind it.  He fumbles with his shield as he tries to put the fire between himself and the beast.  There's a chance, however slight, that some hot coals well-kicked into its face might break its charge for a vital moment...

Character sheet

Stefan

:ooc:Since everyone seems to me rolling I'll do this one as well.

DC - 8 Awareness
:00: 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4
Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1

Stefan

Orophins bow was in hand, arrow knocked and aimed at the squeeling creature before it even broke through the underbrush, prepared to loose an arrow into whatever the dark forest spewed forth.

tomcat

:ooc: All right, I am trying to set up the combat rounds but Lord there is a lot to determine before combat starts!

No one is surprised, so the Company has the Initiatve, so all will roll a Battle roll for combat advantages TN 14.

Arbogast has already rolled for this and had a Great success - awarding two (2) success die. I will roll everyone else to expedite:

TN 14 Battle roll
:00: Grimbeorn 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

:00: Bandy 1d12 : 12, total 12

:00: Orophin 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Bandy is the only success and he gets one (1) success dice.

I am not allowing any opening volleys as Urska is charging in as you guys grab up weapons

Now I need your stances - once I have that, I will set up the combat round.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: stance: open... Grimbeorn grabs his axe.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Sorry - should've said!  Arbogast is Defensive as he prepares for the boar's charge.  He'll shift to Open once its momentum is broken (one way or the other). 

Character sheet

Bandobras

Bandy takes a step or two back and plants his feet as he fits and arrow into the bow string.

:ooc: For some reason I couldn't access the website until just now. Bandy is in rearward stance. He has fair shot virtue so rolls two feat dice, keeping the higher roll, in ranged combat.

tomcat

:ooc: Yea, something was up with our server. Sorry about that!

Okay, because he, too, has a bow, I am going with the assumption that Orophin will be rearward as well.

Opening up a new thread for combat.

Posterboy

:ooc:Can Esgalwen come in from behind and attack the boar?

Stefan

:ooc:Orophin is definately rearward and will stay there unless something requires him to change.

Posterboy

:ooc:Please disregard my question above, just found the answer in the round 1 battle thread... sorry, still a bit drugged up from surgery I suppose. Wheeeeee! Good times! ;)