• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:40 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Huh.  I wonder where I got the idea that it was multiple chapters?
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Maybe its me, but when I go to previous chapters there is nothing there prior to chapter 5.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Feb 06, 2024, 06:14 AM #2012 Last Edit: Feb 06, 2024, 06:16 AM by tomcat
You don't see this when you open the Forums, Tom? I checked each sub-forum to make sure it has general view permissions from each level of member and guest, and the do.

[image attached below]
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Nope.

I'll email you what I see becauae I forget how to post a pic
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

ok, Doug figured it out. As soon as I have time to dig into 1-4 and cry into the void reading about Grimbeorn lifting Bandy over the rocks on the way north I'll get back at it.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Paul, are we getting a denouement for this chapter?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Yes - I'm literally about to start writing it.  Apologies all 'round for flaking out.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 15, 2024, 04:14 AM:ooc: I am not a fan of the Called Shot rules in this game. As a LM, I am glad they eliminated that in 2e.
Having refreshed myself on the way 2e handles this stuff (i.e. spend a :%: to activate the Special Damage for your weapon) I think that's pretty elegant.  Is this maybe another 2e rule that we want to adopt?  Have we had this specific question come up before?  I can't even remember these days.

Character sheet

tomcat

Feb 15, 2024, 07:41 PM #2018 Last Edit: Feb 15, 2024, 08:02 PM by tomcat
In the case of Orc-poison, the attack need only result in a wound for the poison to affect the victim.

Once affected, you consult the chart to determine the severity of the source and then make a feat die roll (favoured, regular, or ill-favoured) and the result of that roll is applied. The poison affects the target each day until they roll a :g: or are treated with a Healing test.

We can adopt whatever you want from the 2e, as long as it doesn't get confusing.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I think the only major house rules we had were adopting the journey rules from 2e, spending battle dice on maneuvers instead of wasting your turn, and I want to say there was one more.

Oddly we dont really interact with the game mechanically that much.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Sorry it so long to get back to this, there have been things come up that I've needed to contemplate regarding my future at work and elsewhere.

I'm back and yet Gwaithlim still is cursed with his attempts at helpfulness and greatness
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

I hope everything's okay, Matt (or at least, that it will be in the foreseeable future).

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Nope nothing bad, but I've come to a crossroads with what I am doing now and where my faith is calling me.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

And we're away again!  I promise that this adventure will be shorter than the last one. 

Doug, when we've all had an opportunity to read the last Fellowship Phase thread through to the end, would you mind working your magic to move Chapter 15 into the Previous Chapters forum?  I'm not sure that I can do it.

Character sheet

tomcat

Quote from: Eclecticon on Mar 13, 2024, 09:26 PMDoug, when we've all had an opportunity to read the last Fellowship Phase thread through to the end, would you mind working your magic to move Chapter 15 into the Previous Chapters forum?  I'm not sure that I can do it.

Shall do