• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:44 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

I'll try to work something up for the fellowship phase. I've been buried in digital Army class hell.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Ah, right.  My condolences.  Take your time and let us know when you're ready. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

AlyC

-ooc- hey all. thesis will be done in a month and a half. ill be more consistent with my posts after that. sorry!

Eclecticon

Hi everyone.  I'm going to be heading off on a camping trip next Monday to Friday.  I'll drop in to the forums as and when I can, but nothing major is going to be kicking off until at least the 22nd.  With any luck, Tom and Aly will have had enough time to do at least the mechanical parts of their Fellowship Phase by then and the story can start bumbling along. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

I'm heading off in an hour or so.  Keep in touch, guys - the game will go on!

Character sheet

tomcat

Have a great time.

We'll be here when you get back.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Okay, I'm back and in a mood to get things moving.  Aly, Tom, would you like any help getting vignettes written and the Fellowship Phase otherwise squared away?

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Aaaaaaaaaaand crickets there, though of course it's likely that both are head-down with important RL stuff. 

Meanwhile, Matt and Doug, would you like me to start the next Adventure Phase, and we can work the other two in when it's convenient for them? 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

I'm good either way
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Sep 26, 2020, 05:57 AM #1599 Last Edit: Sep 26, 2020, 06:05 AM by tomcat
I am here to play, so feel free to start.

Aly did say she was deep in her thesis through the next month. Tom seems to have faded into obscurity - not sure if he is going to school, too, or the Army has him really busy.

As Loremaster, I do recommend you reduce the character load on yourself. I always had one LM player character to be there to push the story on if it lagged, or if the players did not get my narrative intent, and Arbogast will fill that need perfectly. And then, of course, there are countless NPC's that fill the world, too.

My point is, don't try and carry more than one LM player character - you will drive yourself crazy. Instead, I recommend that Laurel and Hathcyn go off and do their own thing until the players are able to return to a regular presence in the game. It is always easier to write them back into the story than to bring them along. And this is not in any way disparaging to either player - I know how RL can be and how a RPG PbP can become a nuisance to always be checking.

Just my  $OO

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I'm lurking and paying attention but havent had any time for mechanics. I too was camping and real life is generally doing a number on me. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

It happens, mate.  Chime in when you can and otherwise don't fret unnecessarily.  We'll be here when you have time. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Are Hathcyn's points right on his dropbox sheet?

I'll try and bang out a fellowship phase and update my sheet this week.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

I'll check and get back to you. 

ALSO: I will get a story post up today!  THIS I SWEAR ON THE SHALLOW, UNMARKED GRAVES OF MY ANCESTORS!

Character sheet

AlyC

I'm here. Sorry!!!! Yes, help would be good - send whoever it is I'm going to meet my way, please!