• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:39 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Hey, congratulations to the happy couple!  J. and I recently celebrated our 16th anniversary with a romantic dinner for four and then falling asleep in front of a movie like old farts.  Good times.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

I know how that can be!  ;D

Nights in, hanging out in my pajamas, are the preferred method of celebration anymore.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Doug, are you about?  I'm not nagging. 

Well, okay - I am nagging but I'm in a reasonable frame of mind.  Is everything okay at your end?

Character sheet

tomcat

Hey Paul,

Yea I am here and all is well. I have been reading everyone's contributions and I have just not been able to get to a post. I hate to always have a litany of excuses, but things are busy here - my mother has apparent signs of memory loss beginning and so I spent the better part of the last two weekends making their home 'smart' so my Dad has resources to help her out with stuff. Then this week has been about my daughter's 9th birthday, prepping that, and finally I have been designing the layout and shopping the hardware to demo and rebuild our master bath, which I start this Saturday.

So yes, I am here and negligent, but it is because I am mentally drained. I keep visiting our page and think about what to do with your current actions and then I say I will get back to it, and 8 days pass.

I will definitely have a story post up tomorrow.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Cool, just checking whether you'd been abducted by clowns or something. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

So how you all taking advantage of the weekend besides home improvement projects?  Here in the US it is Memorial Day weekend, the "beginning" of summer.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Not a lot here, though the loosening of official social distancing requirements means that our in-person Night's Black Agents game may be able to meet up again soon! 

Character sheet

tomcat

Hey guys,

I WILL have a post up tonight. I am knee-deep in the demolition of my bathroom, but I should have the new tub/shower installed today.

Once this 'work' day is over, I will finally have a moment to sit and write.

Thanks for the patience.

tomcat

The demolition is all complete and I have started putting it all back together.

Eclecticon

Nice.  I'm completely incompetent at anything that involves power tools, so I admire what you've done. 

Character sheet

tomcat

All I can say, Paul, is that no matter what you think is going to happen, you can anticipate either the opposite or that there will be more.

Everything I have done has come with a correction to plans.  (-D  (-D

GandalfOfBorg

Happy Father's Day to y'all it applies  ;D
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Thanks, Matt! Same to you.

I forgot I shared some pics of my project above during its demo. I probably should let you all see how it turned out...

Eclecticon

That's come out looking pretty good, mate.  Well done.

Character sheet

tomcat

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce that Paul will be taking over our game.

With the conclusion of this encounter, no matter its results, Paul has asked to take over the game as Loremaster to guide us along for however long he has desire and availability. This all started with a conversation with Tom who is struggling with his character, which I think is more a struggle with the overall story. I have to admit my attention to the game has become limited as I now play on multiple formats (Roll20, VASSAL, etc.) and genres.

That said, our game and this 'table' is as important to me as all the others. We have gamed together (almost all of the same players) since 2003 and we have had a LOT of great story in multiple genres.  I think of you guys as friends as much as the guys I know personally and sit with at a VTT, though this group has never met beyond a video conference.

Because of that, I do not want our game to wane here, so Paul has taken up the yoke of LM. I will keep our RPG site alive and kicking as long as we all still want to play, so Tom - I hope this will give Hathcyn more to grow with and keep your interest in him alive.

I look forward to seeing what Paul does as we continue on with the Darkening of Mirkwood.

Let's play!