• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 01:42 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Sep 19, 2018, 08:48 PM #1140 Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 09:18 PM by Eclecticon
Quote from: Paladin003 on Sep 19, 2018, 08:43 PMAnar who had been listening quietly while stuffing his face downed the last of his ale. He stood up and stepped forward to make his presence known.

I was going to ask for a sound-off tacitly aimed at seeing whether Aryn and Mike were still posting.  I'm gratified to see that I didn't need to bother. 

EDIT:
Quote from: Eclecticon on Sep 11, 2018, 08:32 PMIn short order, Hathcyn brings out... a leather sack from which comes the unmistakeable clinking of coin. 
Once Rorin has recovered some jewelled rings and a cloak-pin that he claims are his personal property (and which, for the un-trusting, fit him perfectly) there are twenty points of Treasure in the form of hacked-up gold and silver.  I leave it to Hathcyn's honesty to make this known. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

I just read this I have already posted in reference to this prior to the read I can adjust if necessary
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Talk to text aside.

Paul, I posted before I read this comment from you. If you want I can retcon my post about the treasure. I figured Some of the items belong to characters so I was vague on our part to support their reunion back to who they belong to
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Treasure and what not

Paul,
  Here is my breakdown, tell me what you think.

2 treasure from working on the Road and then spent that on cows. I'm guessing cows are valuable and I have no idea how many Hathcyn bought so two treasure seems reasonable. Let's say that was all he had and is back to zero.

Minus the player character gear in the hoard we have 20 treasure points with one treasure point allowing a person to live a prosperous life for one month. So let's say that the treasure given to Aestid was an even four treasure. Some bling so she doesn't look destitute and two treasure for her dowry. I don't know how many people we freed but let's say that we handed out the equivalent of 12 treasure to the good folk held captive as a reasonable amount. Leaving four treasure left over, or two for each of us.

Matt, if you want to weigh in on this feel free. I didn't think Grimbeorn would be interested.

On second thought give Grimbeorn four treasure. Hathcyn and Harhold are going to be eating and drinking on him all winter and it is the responsibility of the lord to be a ring giver. Hathcyn shouldn't presume to any share in the wealth I don't want to go all Wolsey.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

I have no problem with that.  Winter is coming and so is war, the people must be well-fed and well-armed.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Posterboy

Sorry... Tate couldn't refuse Hathcyn's bait! I hope I understood where his comment flowed in time.

Eclecticon

Well I, for one, like a bit of intra-party friction, especially when we have three (!) new characters entering the roster. 

Which reminds me - Tom, Bandy has probably heard the call to arms as well.  I'll leave it up to you whether you want to bring him in.  He doesn't have to be a 'spotlight' character if you do - his actions can be narrated while we do dramatic dice-roll-y stuff for Hathcyn et al. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Sorry, everyone.  We've had a public holiday here, which tied me up for a bit, and now a combination of a cold and a really terrible night has kinda wiped me out.  Give me a day to recover and I'll keep the story bumping along. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Doug,
 What was the final status of the profiler? I need to add the six APs to Bandy's sheet. Im hoping in the fellowship face to attempt to decrease his Shadow.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

The profiler is going to be going away, but I am still working on a resolution to the problem. I might host it at another site, but it has not been decided.

Go ahead and update your sheet for him, but then SELECT ALL and print to PDF. That way we will have all of his stats saved in hard copy, until I get the final determination on the Profiler.

It all comes down to Brandon - when he says it is time, it is time. I have asked him to give me a few days (hopefully a week) forewarning so I can do a PDF capture of characters that are currently being used. All the other games, I have already grabbed what I have access to.

No matter what, I will have the database on the sheets and if I can get a hosting location that runs PHP 5.x, we'll be back in action. There has to be some hosting server that runs old PHP for software that is still viable.

Hell, I might ask Brandon to teach how to host it on my own PC - if that is possible.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

Totally worth the wait, Paul!!

Thanks for bringing Idunn back in the game. I was just thinking of her too!

Doug, speaking of profiler and character sheets, do you have a complete sheet for Idunn somewhere? The one of the profiler on has some of her skills listed.

Peace,
Ayrn

Telcontar

Should we dropbox the PC sheets or do an excel sheet in the meantime?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

If you want to put them in Dropbox or start an Excel, feel free.

As shown in the image below, I have a copy of all active TOR characters in our game from the last point they were updated. I will continue to do grabs of each, when Paul issues AP/XP - or if Shadow and Hope change.

Brandon will also send us warning when he will be switching the PHP version on his server, so I will do another grab of all PC's then, too.

At that point, we will have the print outs and we can decide how we want to keep characters - AND - I will be working on a new site to host the Profiler.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Thanks, Doug.  I'd forgotten that the Profiler was disappearing.  I'm happy to help in any way you need me to. 

Quote from: Eclecticon on Oct 03, 2018, 04:34 AM... she unfurls the bundle into a magnificent banner, its weaving intricate as its design is bold: a great bear, ten-clawed, standing betwixt sun and moon.
While I'm still wearing the Loremaster hat, I'm declaring that the banner is available as a unique Reward for Grimbeorn.  Any time you make an Awe roll with it flying nearby, you roll the Feat die twice and take the best result.  If you want someone to carry it around for you, you can take a version of the Merchant Prince Virtue (from the Adventurer's Guide or Laketown book - I'll post the details if you don't have access to either) and have a standard-bearer follow you about. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

I'll have Hathcyn be my standard bearer.  No, I don't have that supplement.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16