• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:09 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

In the same vein, I'm going to try like hell to get some proper posts up tomorrow.  Between work and assignments, I've been smashed this week. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

As we come into the home stretch on this story, I have to beg your patience for a different reason.  Running the two threads has been an interesting experiment, and I've tried my hardest to keep the two sides mostly in sync, but at the moment the Northward boys are two days behind Esgalwen and Tate.  The two groups will meet up at some point, but I'm probably going to have to slow-pedal one or the other to make sure that the timeline makes sense when they do.  I'm considering creating some semi-PC characters for otherwise un-engaged players to jump in and drive around.  What do you guys think?

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: I dont know where the story is going or how involved it is going to get so I dont have enough information to give an accurate response. I will say however that my initial reaction is that adding more folks into one branch of the story is going to likely slow that branch down. Adding folks is adding perspective and action so on the one hand you run the risk of the new characters coming off as flat and on the other hand bogging the speed down further. If we were all sitting together at a table I'd say lets do it, but in play by post I'm not sure it will serve to speed up resolution.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

I would just have it that the time that it took Hathcyn and Grimbeorn to get where they are was longer than your current timeframe. They were searching and following a trail, so that would slow them down.

Esgalwen and Company need to stop in Stanford - we have to get rid of Oderic and make sure they are aware of the threat of Wolfwood - so that could slow down our pace to allow the other thread to move forward.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

I am not sure of when the Profiler will become broken and unusable, but I will be making changes to our game menus at that time.

For now, know that I have downloaded everyone's PC, as of today 8/9/18, for our One Ring game. I will do it again in a week, if the profiler lasts that long. If you KNOW of any changes to your PC sheet between today and when it shuts down, let me know to mark the PDF of your character.

Thanks!

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

Hey! I'm back and should be good to post starting tomorrow evening. Looking forward to jumping back in.
Peace,
Ayrn

Eclecticon

Sorry everyone, I lost the entire day to hearings in Parliament.  Look for some posts about this time tomorrow. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Rocks fall, everyone dies.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Yeah, sorry. 

Welp, great game everyone! 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Seriously, though, I'll post today if I possibly can. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

More postage soon, but not now.  I've finished a bunch of work and a property law assignment.  I'm all broken in the head.  I will writage in the morning thingo.

Character sheet

tomcat

Cool.

I am kind of waiting on Ayrn to post, too. I feel like due to my more consistent presence here, he never gets a chance to chime in first. So, take your time.

I am looking forward to Matt's death match!  :)

Posterboy

Yeah, I've been hit with some anxiety in the workplace. I hope to post tonight, by tomorrow night at the latest.

Posterboy

had to just pop something in quick tonight. Family needs me.

Eclecticon

Sorry, everyone.  The weekend was as the weekend usually is, and then today got eaten up in Parliamentary hearings.  I anticipate continuing the action tomorrow. 

Character sheet