• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:59 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

So, I obviously owe Tom and Matt an apology for the way I've gone about this whole skirmish thing.  In my mind, it was fairly obvious that I was divvying up the enemies roughly evenly, so being matched up against three at the outset meant that your whole party was outnumbered roughly 3:1.  In retrospect, I should've spelled out the total numbers on each side right from the get-go, as it would've affected your decision-making. 

I'm not, on the whole, sorry about how the story's gone, but I will make sure to give better OOC information in future. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Paul,
 No need to apologize and I like how the story is unfolding. There is more invested in Grimbeorn and I think this set back while make for more interesting character development for him. As I have told Doug in the past I dont mind if my guy dies as long as it is cool and not a random act that doesnt advance the story. Moving forward I think we need to clearly highlight narrative description and mechanics since we are interfacing with the story on two differrent levels in the posts. Good job though I am liking it.   
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Gentlemen as we move deeper into the length and complexity of this campaign did we ever resolve how we were planning on working renown?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

You mean Standing?  I'm considering that to represent the opinion of your own culture, for reasons I've set out before and won't bore you with again.  The ability of your reputation to impress leader-types is represented by the tolerance rules for encounters.  Either can be modified as necessary to represent someone who's particularly impressed by, exampli gratia killing the Werewolf of Mirkwood. 

Character sheet

Posterboy

Hey! was having trouble getting on the site yesterday...certificate security issues.
I'm also down with the flu and having troublethinking.
Hope to be back after weekend.
Sorry...
Ayrn

tomcat

Yea, we had an expired certificate issue. It has been remedied.

See you when you're well.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

I've also been a bit under the weather - not that my work and study deadlines give a shit.  New updates are coming, though. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

So, here's the sitch.  My wife and son have been coughing themselves awake in the middle of the night for the past week, and I'm currently in hospital awaiting surgery on my balls.  It's been an interesting time.

I'm more or less on deck again, though, and I'm hoping to be able to pay you guys more attention.

Character sheet

Telcontar

Id much rather be routed by Orcs than deal with the mess you guys have gotten in to.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

Long weekend coming up, up here where I am at least. While I'd like to say I'm hanging out with the family, having a couple of beers and some BBQ, I will be working the 4-day weekend and with no time to post. I'm going to try and post something today... but I may be hard-pressed to do so afterwards until May 22. Wednesdays and Thursdays are my long work days.

Eclecticon

No worries - thanks for letting us know.  Looks like we'll be back after a short hiatus, unless there are any developments up north.

Character sheet

Posterboy

Hey! Unless something comes up, I hope to post late tonight (after 11 PM EST).

I'm not exactly sure how to post my next bit. I feel Tate is a little bit in conflict with the objective. In one sense, he's got a little loyalty to Grimbeorn and a lot to Esgalwen. And he did give his word to bringing in Oderic... and his word is important to him.

At the same time, the story seems to be self-defense/murder of passion... why bring shame on all these people. Why not just let Oderic and Williferd live exiled lives in the wilderness?

Anyway, Tate would loathe the idea of drawing a weapon on Williferd.

Not sure yet how to post forward...
Sorry

tomcat

I PM'ed you, buddy.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Take the shadow point.  :@:
"Authority has not been given to you, Steward, to deny the return of the King"

Moral conundrum, the heart of every german/ anglo saxon folktale. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

This story has forced me to do more thinking than is perhaps reasonable about funerary customs of the Northmen.  Historically, Germanic people were regular users of funeral pyres (water-borne and otherwise), as well as the old 'too many on the field to bother with - leave 'em for the crows' school of thought.  Burial seems more Tolkien-y, though, given his disapproval of cremation as a good Catholic. 

Burial mounds seems like a good compromise. 

Character sheet