• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 09:21 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Alright, I've got a campaign set up on the profiler site.  If you'd all mind leaving Doug's TOR campaign, you may or may not already have invitations to join my InTORregnum one.  If not, I'll resend. 

Now that everyone's mechanically updated, I'll start the next chapter off today or tomorrow.  We can sort things out on the back end as we go. 

Feel free, obviously, to post vignettes in the Fellowship phase thread if you haven't already.  Or if you have.  Go nuts. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

I haven't seen anything about changing campaigns or anything like that.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

It's a behind-the-scenes thing to let me update people's character sheets.  If you go into your list of characters, each one will have an EDIT link to the right.  Click on that, and look at the second heading down on the page it takes you to (which should be 'Campaign').  It should say 'this character is currently in the campaign TOR, which is owned by tomcat' and have a big 'Leave Campaign' button.  If you click on that, it'll take the character sheet out of the TOR folder.  Let me know when you've done that and I'll send you an invite to mine. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I have requested to join your campaign, Paul. You'll need to approve.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Done and done.  Thanks. 

Character sheet

Posterboy

Hey! So, I've spent the weekend doing some extensive work on Tate's (and Kol's) backstory, reading through some of the material included in Erebor, Tales from Wilderland, Darkening of Mirkwood, and Heart of the Wild books.

One thought: What is Kolbeinn is the son of Orlmund, of Castle Orlmond fame? (pg 55 from Erebor, pg 108 of Darkening of Mirkwood) Thoughts? No worries if you say no.

Also, here is Tate's tale of years (sorry it's a little long):

THE EARLY YEARS

T.A. 2929, Mar 9 – Tate is born to Dag and Eydís, in the shadow of the Lonely Mountain. Tate is their first (and only) born child. Dag is a fisherman.

T.A. 2934 – At five years old, Tate is already beginning to display how true he is to his name, his merry voice cutting through the gloom that often lays heavy over all who live under the shadow of the Mountain.

His curiously combined with his deft hands off lands little Tate in trouble when people discover their missing things in his possession. "Aye?! 'tis yours?! Good thing I picked it up then, aye?!"

T.A. 2939 – By ten years old, Tate accompanies his father much of the time. While not particular good at fishing, Tate is becoming more skilled at handling his father's boat on the waters, his naturally keen senses helping his to navigate the murky waters.

Knowing how treacherous the open waters can be, his mother's gives Tate her talisman – a small, smooth, quail-egg sized stone, jet black with thin, green veins, attached to simple leather cord.

T.A. 2941 – Laketown is destroyed and Tate's parents are consumed by dragon fire. "Lost boys" becomes the name the people give to the number of boys and young men who lose their families on that tragic day.

After the Battle of the Five Armies, Tate has nothing to go back to, and no family to care for him. For the next five years, the young man wanders back and forth between Esgaroth and Dale, finding work on the long boats or singing for his supper in the growing number of taverns.

His hands still manage to find themselves in other people's pockets, and this still gets him in some trouble. Most of the time Tate is able to smooth things with some honeyed words and returning the item taken. Sometimes though, things don't always go smooth and fists are required.

More to come...

Eclecticon

Given the likely ages at this point in time, Kolbeinn could even be a younger brother.  But I like the idea a lot. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

What is the campaign id?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

41, because life is meaningless.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

For the duration of my brief interregnum, I want to try an experiment with Advancement Points.  The current system works fine, and I'm happy to go back to it once my time on the throne is over, but it leaves the PCs' Traits (especially distinctive features) a bit out in the cold. 

For those of you who don't have access to p 212 of the core book, it basically works like this:
First AP:any successful roll
Second AP:a great or extraordinary success OR reflects a pertinent Trait
Third AP:a great or extraordinary success AND reflects a pertinent Trait

This makes it a little easier to get second and subsequent APs, or at least removes some of the randomness from the process. 

Let's see how we go with it. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

How do you see the traits manifesting?if they are used to auto pass a roll it removes the risk of rolling an eye in the encounter.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Also, can the powers that be get the character drop down menu updated?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

Hey Paul, Doug and Tom,

Can I use material from adventure material from Heart of the Wild and Tales of the Wilderland as the material for Tate's background?
If you need more specifics, let me know.

Ayrn

GandalfOfBorg

I seem to still be mentally deficient when it comes to transferring my character.  This is all I see when I click "Edit" next to the Grimbeorn character sheet.  Not sure what's next.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Huh.  I don't know what's up with that.  I have a bunch of other options displayed. 

Doug, any ideas?

Character sheet