• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 30, 2024, 01:35 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dec 01, 2017, 05:34 PM #885 Last Edit: Dec 01, 2017, 05:52 PM by tomcat
She's worked hard! I am very proud of her.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

How did I miss the PDF release of Oaths of the Riderrmark!!!

Just put my preorder in and waiting on the PDF.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Let me know how it is - I'm considering it as a Christmas present to myself, but if it's going to be another Adventurers Companion then I probably won't bother.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

It's good - adventures in the Mark, if we ever decide to run a game in Rohan.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Unless there's any unusual surprises that Doug wants to spring on us, I'm good with ending the scene here. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

For those of you interested that bit I posted was a small segment from Tolkiens "Fall of Arthur". The work was never completed, but he attempted to use Anglo Saxon alliterative verse. The only bits I changed were substituting Arbogast for Arthur and Grimbeorn for Gawain, maintaining the consanants fittingly enough. The work had several seeds that would one day find themselves in the legendarium of Middle-earth.

Seemed fitting for my cursed elf.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

I sent you all an invite to my Roll20 game room, Don;t worry about the name for right now - I will fix that tomorrow.

Anyway, I will be putting the character combat maps and tokens on the VTT so that I can have an easier system for making visuals.

You may need to make a Roll20 account login.

tomcat

Forget the first invite - I created a new Roll20 room.

So, make sure you have accepted the invite to The One Ring.

GandalfOfBorg

Can you send that invite again?  It didn't work for me as far as I can tell.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Hey Matt,

I show you as one of the players in the game.

But here is the link, tho.

The One Ring: DoM Roll 20

I will have a new post up later today for the upcoming combat.

tomcat

Just an FYI...if nothing has changed...

At the end of this chapter, I will be taking a short respite from the role of Loremaster. Paul will be taking over the story for a bit, so we may either need new characters, or he will continue this group further through the Darkening of Mirkwood.

Either way, I will be playing Esgalwen. I have really enjoyed this PC that was left by a previous player back in the day - don't remember who wrote her up. Anyway, she has always had a cool backstory and wish to continue writing her story.

tomcat

It was Ayrn who created her!

Posterboy

Yep, I did. But you have played her much better than I could have dreamed!
Thanks for giving her life!
Peace,
Ayrn

Eclecticon

Thanks, Doug.  There's no need to make new characters (unless you were planning to do that anyway) - the next story follows on from everything that's gone before. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Jan 04, 2018, 03:11 PM #899 Last Edit: Jan 04, 2018, 03:13 PM by Eclecticon
Just quickly, I'll be out of contact for most of next week - I'll be heading up to my in-laws' beach house with the family.  My sympathies go out to those of you currently dealing with crazy snowstorms.  Though as the local mercury edges ever closer to 40o celcius, I can't say I'm all that sympathetic. 

Aryn, If you would like to step in and play Arbogast from Sunday (assuming that all this werewolf nonsense is still going on), you have my blessing to do so.  Just be aware that if you get him killed I will find you.

Character sheet