• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 30, 2024, 01:32 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

To quote a well-respected player around here...THE GAME MUST GO ON!

And with the success of my test, I think that is what I will do!

BAM! Thank goodness that is behind me.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Glad it went well doug
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

My last exam for the semester was this morning!  That's me done with administrative law for at least the year, and hopefully for good, assuming that I passed! 

Sorry I haven't been keeping up my end of the narrative as much lately - I feel like I've been leaving Tom and Doug with way too much to do.  That should improve now.  Without meaning to sound like a suck-up, the current thing with the Beacon Tower is really cool.  I'm enjoying the tension at the moment! 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

You're fine, Paul. Don't stress anything.

I can say that I have been very lucky with the PbP'ers that have come to 'play at my table'. We have maintained an excellent group of players for over 14 years!

1) It is not an urgent group who bail at inactivity.
2) Everyone puts real thought and content in both their character and narrative/dialogue.
3) We all have family and understand that there has to be a balance. (Although I wish I had more time to play my games  ;) )
4) And we pass tests!   (-D

There are a few players I would like to have with us still, but life moves people on.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Doug has discovered that making the player characters weary is his ace in the hole when it comes to flattening our skill dice.  :P

I'll have a post up tonight or tomorrow i have a thermos full of cider and rum to squad leader a pack of kids trick or treating.....so maybe tomorrow actually.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Dude, I love the weariness and wound effects in games. Makes I'm for realism...but don't worry,  I won't bully you too hard.

The only thing i might house rule is a faster weariness recovery rate. One point per rest makes for a LONG period of time

Telcontar

Doug,
 What are your thoughts on using Second Wind or Rally Comrades to decrease travel fatigue?

I find myself in the odd position of being at max endurance, yet still fatigued and Weary. Seems that it would meet the intent of shrugging off weariness in a combat.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

I like it - maybe as a temporary staving off of the effects of fatigue. I like it for both maneuvers...

Maybe we'll rule it as a DOS thing:

On a success - the PC helps comrades stave off fatigue or Weariness effects for 2 rounds

On a great success - the PC helps comrades stave off fatigue or Weariness effects for 4 rounds

On an extraordinary success - the PC helps comrades stave off fatigue or Weariness effects for 6 rounds

A hero may only benefit from this once in a combat (?)

What do you think?

Telcontar

Worth trying. I like it better than the possability of people coming out of combat healthier.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Let's do it and see if we need to adjust anything.

tomcat

Nov 02, 2017, 10:58 AM #865 Last Edit: Nov 02, 2017, 11:02 AM by tomcat
Okay - I have house ruled the following and updated the Stance Maneuvers (but I am not yet able to upload the new images to the website - give me some time).

Rally Comrades now has two options: 1) restore ENDURANCE, and by so, both increase a PC's chance for life and potentially remove weariness; 2) OR remove the effects of FATIGUE (WEARINESS) for a number of rounds based on DOS.

You cannot do BOTH options and the second option ONLY removes weariness affects due to FATIGUE not ENDURANCE LOSS.

So if a PC is weary because of high fatigue AND because their endurance is under their standard fatigue rating, you cannot remove weariness effects.

Does this make sense?

I did not include this option in the Second Wind maneuver - that remains the same.

Eclecticon

Hey guys.  Since we've been talking about a G+ hangout, I thought I'd let you know that next Sunday (my time - Saturday evening for everyone else) is looking pretty good for me.  The times Doug set out would work. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Cool! Let's do it.

I will game update tomorrow, all.

Eclecticon

Gaaah, sorry to do this, but I now need Sunday morning for house maintenance shit.  Stoopid real estate ownership. 

Character sheet

tomcat

It's not a big deal, Paul. We are not on any critical schedule with the gathering.

Let's shoot for the following weekend. It might be easier since it will be past the Thanksgiving holiday week here in the States.

Chime in, guys, if there is a conflict for anyone. Just to reiterate - we will go on at 10-11 on Saturday night here in the States and you'll be on that Sunday morning, Paul.

I will send a confirmation time as that weekend approaches.