• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 27, 2024, 03:46 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

I've gone silent for a few days due to life clouting me in the back of the head (though watching Secondborn turn 12 was fun).  I'll try to get another post up tonight.  If not, it'll be tomorrow morning, my time.  Are these updates any use for you, given the need to estimate time zone differences?  Who knows.  But I had this information and now you do too. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Looking at my characters in my Ruins of the North campaign (TOR 2ed) compared to those of our Darkening of Mirkwood (TOR 1e) - the one change between editions that I can say I really like is the effect of Shadow.

Granted our DOM game moves a lot slower than a tabletop game (virtual or non) - still these characters date back to 2015 and Esgalwen has only 5 Shadow (4 temporary and 1 permanent). In the 2ed game, which started two years ago (I think), the characters are struggling with Shadow gain in every adventure phase - needing to dump the temporary Shadow into Shadow Scars to keep moving forward. The rule change is great and makes the monsters a lot more to deal with than just the combat.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Happy Way Too Much Chocolate Day for those who celebrate it!  Story service should resume tomorrow.

Character sheet

Telcontar

Since I'm separated from my family the plan today is to cook the back up cornbeef from st patricks day and watch Ben-hur
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

My family and I watched Life of Brian, which has similar claims to historical accuracy.   ;D   

Character sheet

Telcontar

The Dune / Life if Brian crossover memes have been great.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Oh mate!  *chef's kiss*

Character sheet

Eclecticon

It may not seem like it from my erratic posting schedule, but I'm really excited for this phase of the campaign.  We're at a point now where things that we've been patiently setting up for years - the Viglunding/Beorning conflict, Mogdred and his growing kingdom, Caewin and his... troubles - are at last starting to pay off. 

I mean, this has really been true since the quest to redeem Duskwater, but I'm feeling it now because mutliple story arcs are coming to bear all at once. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: great lets all make new characters and play in Gondor!

(-D  (-D  (-D
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Story coming soon, I promise.  This week has utterly defeated me.

Character sheet