• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 28, 2024, 04:12 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

On cruise to Alaska.. starts 9/3, be back 9/13
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Have a great time.  Post photos when you get back!
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Okay, more excuses out of me instead of actual story, but christ on a bike this week has been a drama.  I got bilked out of tens of thousands of dollars by someone calling up pretending to be from my bank's fraud detection team, and that's thrown a wrench into all sorts of plans.  The TL:DR version is that we have the money back now and everything's okay, but I haven't had a lot of mental energy for anything much else.  My apologies for being a complete dumbarse.  Regular service will hopefully resume after the weekend. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

No worries man.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Take all the time you need, Paul. We are always here.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Sorry guys... been out sick.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Eclecticon

No worries, Matt.  How are you now?

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

doing better... stupid change of seasons cold
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

One of the things I like about role playing is how over time the characters develop and change over time. Sometimes through play, especially in a narrative game like this, the characters begin to take on a life of themselves. The dice always tell a story, but sometimes even beyond that the fates weave a story and the character lives on their own.

I have been fortunate in this game that I had that experience with Bandy. Now I can add Hathcyn to the list. He has been writing himself for a little while now, but this adventure seems to be very much driving forward many threads that have been woven in almost from when the character was started. The call backs, the narrative, and the struggles have all been defining and building to this part of the story.

Thank you Paul for doing a great job with this and being flexible enough to work in the narrative tidbits I have thrown at you. I would also like to thank everyone for their fortitude and patience with the last couple of scenes being heavily focused on my character. I appreciate you all as well.

I am really excited to see where this story takes Hathcyn. Like the attack on the Black Tarn with Abrogast these moments are going to be lasting, maybe fatal, consequences. The dice have a story to tell as well and I am looking forward to seeing how it goes. 
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Aaaaw, what kind words!  Thanks, mate.

We'll see how we go bringing the story home.

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Merry Christmas ...er festive Yuletide
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Happy new year everyone from alternately sweltering and drenched Queensland!

Regular game service will resume tomorrow when I'm home from my unannounced beach holiday.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

So how's everyone else getting on?  I'm enjoying the last few days with my kids at home before they go back to school, including my youngest starting high school this year.  It'll be stressful and turbulent for a while but I'm anticipating it settling down.  I've played my first ever game of D&D 5E, with my daughter running a game for the rest of the family, and my son is asking to join the occasional Numenera games I play with his sister. 

In other nerdy news, I'm really enjoying playing through Six Ages: Lights Going Out.  It's the second game in the series and I'm impressed by how well the developers (and writer Robin D Laws) are able to convey a very different mood with exactly the same mechanics. 

Character sheet

tomcat

All is well at this end!

We are finally getting back to normal after the holiday lulls - in business as well as family (and school). I love the Christmas season, but I need people to get back into business mode (including myself  ;D )

Things are rocking for my Tuesday and Thursday night Roll20 games - Star Wars on Tuesday and The One Ring 2e Ruins of the North on Thursdays. I never thought that TOR (or any Tolkien story telling) would be as fun outside the written PbP word, but it really works. Granted, I do not get to read the old English you and Tom throw in there, but it still works. Let's see if it can last better than 21 years, like these boards here!  ;)

We also have finished another Call of Cthulhu tale, an ALIEN horror game, and we are deep diving into Twilight 2000 4e - and I am loving these products coming from Free League. Really good stuff!