• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:51 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Happy 2023 everybody!  I hope the rest of the winter treats you kindly.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Agreed! Happy 2023, you guys!! I hope you had a nice celebration last night and here is to a prosperous new year!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

It is almost time to get this game moving again - so I will be getting things set up soon for our new chapter.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

This pleases me.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Hey, just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm still checking the board.  Doug, if pepping for three games is just too hard on top of everything else, I can GM - the schedule might just be a bit erratic.  Let me know. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Yea, I am here everyday, too.

I have been at a standstill with this since before the holidays began. I have been kind of taking the boards temperature based on Tom's input. Since he has not extrapolated on his fellowship, I have been thinking were all still in 'down' mode.

That said, if you want to resume as Loremaster - I do NOT have a problem with that. I welcome it and have no problem with erratic posting rates.

Telcontar

Oof I'm the thermometer. I was taking advantage of the downtime and stalling until you guys got going.

I'm kind of at a loss with this fellowship phase. I knocked out my mechanical stuff and I feel like there is a lot to be said or developed, but I just cant find the voice for it. i thought if i let it stew something would surface but the bucket is cracked and the well is dry.

Maybe the death of Beorn is a lacuna in the histories of the people? Or there hasnt been enough time to see how it impacted events?

I guess I am more interested in the Vigs and Tyrants Hill and those places being a foil for the Beornings and Woodman and the death of Beorn is in many ways a footnote in that story.

In other news I am headed to Naples at the end of the week. Planning on spending the weekend at Pompei so maybe with enough wine, ruins, and the ocean something will shake loose.

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Well you are on the mark, as the Vigs and Tyrant's Hill/The Toft are going to be the challenges for this next adventure phase. Beorn's death has created a vacuous state that leaves the scion to be tested.

Telcontar

So right after I posted that a muse may have been tapping me on the shoulder. Dont wait on me but I have the germ of an idea for a post.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 08, 2023, 07:21 AMIn other news I am headed to Naples at the end of the week. Planning on spending the weekend at Pompei so maybe with enough wine, ruins, and the ocean something will shake loose.

Enjoy Naples, you lucky bugger.

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 08, 2023, 06:11 AMf you want to resume as Loremaster - I do NOT have a problem with that. I welcome it and have no problem with erratic posting rates.

Let's do that.  It seems like you have more than enough on your plate, and I can at least get things moving.

If you had any genius plot ideas, shoot me a PM and we can discuss them.

Character sheet

tomcat

Sounds good and my notes are sent.

Telcontar

Pompei is amazing. Its like a thermo nuclear mind blow. So many interesting things to see.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Speak to us of its wonders, oh traveller!

Character sheet

Eclecticon

:ooc: GAAAAH head above water time!  Work remains stupid busy so this is probably the pace you can expect for the next month or two.  I'd apologise but it's not like I can do anything much about it.  The story will limp on, though, ready to spring back to life when I'm not neck-deep in a legislation review. 

Character sheet