• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:51 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

The moon moved back into alignment with Venus and now it works again.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Guys! Guys!

Character sheet

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

New story post coming soon, I promise.

Character sheet

tomcat

Yea, mine arrived on Sunday!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Mine had to get to the US, and then get shipped back across the Atlantic to my APO. i think i got a out three weeks to go.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 18, 2022, 03:24 PM:ooc: Not dark, just busy today with my basement flooding due to the rain and previous snow melt.

Sorry - I forget that winter is very much A Thing over there sometimes.  It's right at the end of summer here, and while it's been pretty mild (no major bushfires, only one cyclone) we're quite ready for some cooler weather, thanks awfully

Character sheet

tomcat

No problem, Paul.  ;)

The last two weeks has been a bit of deep freeze and then we went up to 50* and rain. It was great to have the freeze snap end, but a helluva lot of water after.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

hey I'm back. we were on a cruise to western caribbean (cozumel, costa maya, roatan).
we are only thawed out from january and now set to get back into the nasty freezing rain, snow, rain, thaw, ice slicks, etc.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Oh mate, I love it when you talk dirty.

Character sheet

Telcontar

Doug,
 What are you not liking about 2e?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Mar 06, 2022, 08:27 AM #1811 Last Edit: Mar 06, 2022, 08:28 AM by Telcontar
So i have played my sixth session of the new rules. three with the Shire stuff and three sessions out in the wild. The Shire adventures were building block and kinda on rails. I think the concepts and themes were juvenile and not that engaging. They were building block but I dont think they showed the game in a favourable light.

We just finished playing the Archers on the North Downs from the Rivendell 1e book, but with the 2e rules. I think in 2e the characters are a lot stronger a lot faster and throwing lots of dice around. After character creation I had four skills with 3d and six favoured skills. with three items three of those skills were actually rolling 4d and if I tossed in a hope 5d. Hope is no where near as scarce as 1e. I think they lost the slow descent into weariness and shadow that 1e had. Now that we went up a level I can take a virtue "Broken SPells" and pick three skills that I can spend a Hope point on and auto succeed. THat's huge, because if I munchkin I could pick three skills that I dont even have any ranks in. OR pick the two skills you can use in combat for special things and burn hope to auto succeed. (two are under the same attribute so you cant cover all your bases.) 

The characters are still fragile in terms of the Feat die and protection tests, but I feel like my 1 advancement Dwarf is totally overpowered compared to Hathcyn. He is has more dice, broader skills, and recovers a lot faster.

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Sounds like a system more suited for First or maybe Second Age instead of the Third or Fourth.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Found this cool pic on the net - reminded me of Arbogast and the Warden's Axe.

Eclecticon

Cooooooooool.  I like it!  In fact, it is now canon that this is what the axe looks like. I see Arbogast as being more wiry than that, though, Body 2 and all.  Where'd you find the picture? 

In other matters, I'm more than happy to hear any feedback you might have about the adventure just gone, or any previous ones, or the game as a whole.  Anything you want to see more of?  Anything starting to get repetitive?  Do I overuse certain words or phrases?  Anything starting to get repetitive?

Character sheet