• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:40 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, that is good enough for me. I am sure Matt is in, too, but we'll still wait to confirm.

Either way, I am sure we will find an equitable way to split ~$60 a year.

I will give Brandon the green light.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

I'll have a new post up this afternoon.  It's fair to say that the strategy discussion didn't go the way I was assuming it would, and it's taken me a bit to come up with some dramatically-satisfying next steps.   
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Yes I am in.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

The Second Edition pdfs are out.  It'll take me a while to read and digest them, so there definitely won't be any shift in the mechanics we use for a bit.  Doug and Tom, I think you'll get them from drivethru as well - let me know if I'm wrong.  Matt, did you back the Kickstarter?  If not, we can arrange to get a primer to you. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

I downloaded them last night.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

I've been readung the core book and like what I have read so far.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

I got my books on Friday.

I like them very much, but I am not sure I am into the revisions. I prefer 1ed for TN's, Hope, and Encounters. Still, I will own both sets because I am a collector.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I like the spending of  :%: to do things. It seems more spelled out in this version. Overall it feels more streamlined so far. I think I like the way the dice of skills and combat work and so far I like the idea if the Attributes making the TNs. Also the gain/loss advantage/disadvantage seems good.

Its also possible I havent read the 1e rules in awhile too...
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

Sorry, no I didn't back the KS.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

That's alright, we'll sort you out mate. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 05, 2021, 09:27 PM... our plan is not to make for the Tarn, I thought it was to attack the chief orc camp to demoralize the army and have it break apart.

Okay, there's obviously been some misunderstanding here.  That was definitely a plan that was agreed on, but the impression I got was that you wanted to be in the column that pushed towards the village instead.  See the following:

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Sep 21, 2021, 04:47 AM"I will be at the gates of the village before any and I will be the one to follow the last survivor.  I have no doubt the rest of our company feels the same."

Quote from: Telcontar on Sep 13, 2021, 11:52 PM"I am the Longspear Bannerman of the Wolfslayer. Where he goes in battle I must follow."

(Doug didn't venture an opinion, but he liked Matt's post, which I took as endorsement.) 

I've had to come up with a plan for how to make this option as interesting as attacking the goblins' leaders (first rule of GM-ing: the story is where the PCs go!), so I grumbled to myself a bit when Tom spoke up saying that I'd got it wrong.  Looking back, though, I think I didn't make it clear enough what was happening - only that you were in the second, fast-moving column.  I didn't even say explicitly that Munderic, Radaghast and Bandy weren't with you. 

At this point, I don't really want to wind back the last couple of threads, so with your indulgence I'll proceed as we're currently going, but it's something I'll bear in mind in future. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I am fine with our pressing on the Tarn. That has been my inference with every post for Esgalwen. She wants to rescue her friend and his family.

Telcontar

Let's press on. I have a better understanding of the situation now.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Apologies - family circumstances intervened.  All good now.

Character sheet