• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:46 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

I am fine with the current story line, but it is at a lull in direction. Did you want us to take up the narrative of the hall? I know the council will go on for a week or so, but are we to narrate the activities? Esgalwen is waiting for the council to continue or to break for the day - but either way, I have no direction at the moment.

Let me know.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

I had a feeling it might be something like that.  For the most part, the Council meetings will roll along in the background - especially if Grimbeorn decides (as is his right) to sub out representing his people in the meetings to one of the Beorning thegns who are attending.  I'll bring up particular events as they occur.  For the most part, you can feel free to leave the chin-wagging to NPCs as you go hunting for agents of the Shadow. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

Hathcyn is out of his social element. The narrative is operating above a level he can interact with.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

I hear and understand.  I like Doug's workaround in the narrative.  I'll consider the debate over the road resolved and move things on to the evening.  Expect some more story tomorrow, 'cause it's kind of late here. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Sorry I've been out of it, have had systemic technical difficulties recently.  Only just now got them addressed.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Yeah, I hear you.  My kids were all over my laptop yesterday afternoon playing Fortnite and the Sims.  Then, when I sat down to watch some Netflix late at night it wouldn't even turn on.  I should drop the thing in to get it fixed today. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Hey guys.  Who's shaken off their tryptophan comas?

Character sheet

Eclecticon

While I'm generally in favour of letting players set their own course and follow their own agendas, there's a distinct lack of momentum at the moment.  This is probably my fault - I set up a scenario that rested on things that you weren't very interested in and then had to switch directions abruptly.  I want to see whether it's salvageable, though, so I've set up an alternative direction for things to go, and I can promise some excitement on the way. 

Here's the thing, though: it leads through the tollhouse. 

With that in mind, unless I hear otherwise by tomorrow-ish, I'm going to move the story along to just get you guys to where stuff is happening.  We're building up some real this-game-is-over energy and I don't want it to die on my watch. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I am not done, Paul, I have just had my daughter and son-in-law in town since last week and so posting has been impossible. I also had a visit to the hospital which was a distraction. I guess I should have written to let you know. All said, I was thinking the others might get more opportunity to post, as I don't want Esgalwen to always be leading the story on you.

Anyway, kids fly out in the AM so I will be able to focus on our game again.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

In the spirit of accountability, I acknowledge that I promised to move things on today.  However, work has been busy, it's the end of the day, it's hot and I'm wiped out.  Depending on how things go, I'll have more story later tonight or tomorrow. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Hi everyone.  Just a timely reminder that, if you need to refer to the rules at all, you can find the TOR rulebooks here

If the link isn't working, let me know and I'll see if I can send one directly via Dropbox. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Its currently 36˚C (~97˚F) and at least 80% humidity in my home office.  Please send pictures or descriptions of cold things that I may envy. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Merry Christmas, everyone.  Take it easy and stay safe. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Our first real snow this winter...
First Snow.jpg

Christmas Star 2020
Xmas Star.jpg

High of 5F (-14C), 20mph winds give Wind Chill of -17F (-27C)
Brrrr.jpg
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

It was 57 in New England. Bizzaro.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18