• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 08:29 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Sorry about the constant delay, everyone.  This week has been... challenging.  I'll have another post up tomorrow morning.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

For my part, Paul - you do not need to keep making apology posts.

I know how hard it is to keep the game rolling. It doesn't seem like a simple text post can be time consuming, but it real life is always there to keep you busy.

Anyway, I am here everyday so when you post, you post - no rush.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Quote from: Telcontar on Jul 25, 2020, 07:18 AMOoc: no I have been terrible at keeping track of APs after the sheets went to dropbox
:ooc: I'll admit, it's a hassle to download your sheet, mark the point off, re-save it and upload it again.  Unfortunately, tech-incogniscenti that I am, I don't have a better solution.  I suppose I could just keep local versions of everyone's sheets and mark AP off as they come up, but that doesn't let you guys keep track of how you're doing, which feels like it could lead to people being unsatisfied with their scores at the end of an adventure. 

On the other hand, maybe I'm off-base here.  Maybe you guys would be happy to go with that?

Character sheet

tomcat

If you install the Dropbox app, it will automatically create a Dropbox folder on your PC with the files. If you update them on your end, they update on everyone's end.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:
I don't have a problem with you doing it as I'm still after all these years not totally hip on when I make a success in all situations and Grimbeorn doesn't roll for much other than combat and travel given the nature of who he is.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

In case you're wondering, I'm waiting to see if Aly makes a post, since she wanted to see about poisoning the goblins.  I know she's head down in her masters thesis, though, so I might just put Laeral on autopilot for a little while if I don't hear from her soon. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 06, 2020, 07:50 AMI am of the mindset that the Beorning Furious ability let's them shake off the immediate effect of combat weariness, but they will get worn down over times of long struggle and travel. Otherwise, why bother with the mechanic for them.

How I played it was, when in battle you guys would not get weary, but if END was equal to or lower than Fatigue - on the next travel check you guys would suffer weariness on any failures.

But it is now Paul's game, so he will let us know.

So that we have a ruling on this to go on with, I'll point you all to page 44 of the rulebook.  You can see in the description that the ability applies specifically to 'Wounded' Beornings - i.e. having suffered a piercing blow and blown a protection roll.  They're just as capable of getting nickel-and-dimed down to weariness as anyone else. 

I'll get a post up over the weekend that will move the story on, out of its current depressing state and into something perhaps a little more desperately violent. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Aug 12, 2020, 03:26 AM #1582 Last Edit: Aug 12, 2020, 03:29 AM by tomcat
FROM MATT -

Quote from: MattIf this message gets to you, I'm out of commission for awhile given Iowa was almost scraped off the Earth by a derecho that ran from the west to the east, right over the top of us.  You'll see me when you see me.

Take care of yourselves, Matt! Glad you are safe.

Also...

The physical location of our server, where our site resides, is kind of close to here, too, so I am not sure if we will see any interruptions or slow services for a while.

Thanks!!

Eclecticon

I'm assuming that Matt is still out of commission for the time being, so I'll roll for Grimbeorn soon.  Tom, are you around?

Character sheet

Telcontar

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

Cool.  Jump into the narrative whenever you're able. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Back finally, will jump in as soon as i can.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Hey guys.  I'm just waiting on a post from Aly and then I'll kick the story on. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

UPDATE: Aly's thesis is eating her entire life at the moment, so I'm going to put Laeral on autopilot for this round at least, and we'll see where we go from there. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I would like to say how nice it is to just play in the game, instead of having to run it.

I could get used to this!  ;)