• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:23 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

Things haven't quite reached the 'Shut. Down. Everything.' point here, but they're heading that way.  I'm just glad that my son got to have some people turn up to his birthday party this morning.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

AlyC

Hello. Im Aly. Ill be joining the game, or trying to. Never played online before. Nice to meet everyone.

Eclecticon

Welcome Aly!  It'll be nice to have someone else posting in the same time zone, for a change.

Character sheet

tomcat

Mar 27, 2020, 09:21 AM #1518 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2020, 09:28 AM by tomcat
Quote from: Eclecticon on Mar 27, 2020, 01:47 AMWelcome Aly!  It'll be nice to have someone else posting in the same time zone, for a change.

(-D

Welcome, Aly! It is a little bit of an adjustment to go from a tabletop group to a Play-by-Post game, but you catch on quickly.

Look at it like we are all writing a novel together and the game mechanics add the needed direction. To keep consistent - write in 3rd person and in past-tense. (She went, she climbed, etc.) That makes it easier for me to consolidate all of our posts into the PDF books (when I get the time).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. All we need to do to start is get you a character written up - at least a name and race and we can get you playing.

I set up a blank PC sheet for you in our shared Google Drive, as well as sending you the link to open the drive folder. I look forward to you adding to our story.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Mar 27, 2020, 09:21 AMTo keep consistent - write in 3rd person and in past-tense. (She went, she climbed, etc.) That makes it easier for me to consolidate all of our posts into the PDF books (when I get the time).
I will point out at this juncture that I have been playing in this game for... I don't know - like twenty years or something, and I have never done this.  I've always been a present tense guy. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

We know.

Knowed?

We knowed that.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

My textular predelictions aside, Aly is looking to play a High Elf.  I offered her other cultures, but she said 'nay, stay thy tongue and thy tempting words.  An Elf of Rivendell will I play and none other!'

So let's prepare to welcome Laeral Aurukun.  Aly, would you like to give them the details we've figured out so far?  Then we can workshop the rest to make sure she works with the rest of the group.

Character sheet

AlyC

Okay - so what i have so far is:
Name - Laeral Aurukun
Culture - High Elf
Calling - Treasure-Hunter. Specifically she is after Aeglos ('Icicle') the great spear used by Gil-Galad, the last High King of the Elves at the battle of Dagorlad to fight a duel with Sauron, alongside Elendil the Tall, and lost somewhere in the Vales of Anduin during the disaster of the Gladden Fields.  She wants it as her personal weapon.
Physicality - in profile pic 
Specialties - Elven and herb lore
Distinctive features - Fierce and suspicious

Eclecticon

Mar 29, 2020, 04:12 PM #1523 Last Edit: Mar 29, 2020, 04:38 PM by Eclecticon
She has also mentioned wanting a trained owl.  I thought we could base this mechanically on the Woodsmen's hounds - I had a similar idea a while back when I was considering Theodwin (Arbogast's brother-in-law) as a backup PC.

'Aurukun', incidentally, could be a slightly corrupted version of the Quenya 'Órëacúnë' - 'Bow of the Dawn'.  Aly, could it be that she called herself that a while back among Men who couldn't get it together to pronounce it properly, and has since just decided to go with it?

Character sheet

AlyC

Eclecticon

Just a heads-up: Aly and I have finished a first pass at Laeral (her High Elf), and she should be hitting the Google drive soon.  Any constructive input into her background would also be appreciated.  Tom, since you've played the only other High Elf in the game to date, do you have any suggestions or things you've learned since Morirusë came on-screen?

Character sheet

AlyC

I am not able to share things in the share folder. Apparently i dont have permission....?

Eclecticon

I've uploaded it (though I had to buggerise around with different Google accounts because G-drive seems to want me to log in with my uni account all the damn time).  There may be further changes, but at least there's something up there to review.

Character sheet

tomcat

I will look over the sheet and then send her starting XP and AP to do some advancements to the PC.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

It seems that you need to have a Gmail account to easily login and edit files in the Google Drive, even if I invite you under another email address. So - I can move the files back to a Dropbox folder if that is easier, or Paul and Aly would need to create a Google login.

Let me know what you all want to do.