• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 11:18 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

I am populating your PC sheets now. If you do not like these, we can continue doing what we have been.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

I just created a new folder in my Share_RPG folder and invited you all to it.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

All the active characters have been added to the folder. Look yours over and compare it to the sheet on the website to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Once done, I will probably delete the character thread.

Eclecticon

I've looked over Arbogast's sheet and it all looks fine except for his current AP tally, which is absent.  Can we modify the sheets in situ, or is it a matter of downloading, editing and re-uploading them?
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

Oct 12, 2019, 02:56 PM #1444 Last Edit: Oct 12, 2019, 03:03 PM by tomcat
I am not sure if Dropbox allows you to open and change the file while keeping it cloud resident. You could try.

I have Dropbox installed on my PC and sync those files making them resident on my PC hard drive. So if I open it from my DB folder on my PC and change it, it immediately uploads to the DB cloud folder and so everyone would get the change.

tomcat

I just opened Arbogast and added two Advancement points for successful tests and saved it, so you should have the updates almost immediately - as long as you sync the file.

Eclecticon

Thanks.  My tally had him at one point in every row except Custom, and two in Movement.  I've figured out how to edit the sheet appropriately.  This looks like it'll work fine.

Character sheet

Telcontar

I'm not sure Hathcyn's sheet is updated here or not. Also, there is a dropbox feature for working copies were people can edit, but I'm not sure how its done.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

I just copied the details from the PC thread.

Telcontar

Guys,
 With the current scene unfolding as it has I am thinking that this might be the end of Hathcyn. I'm giving more than half a thought for this to be his narrative exit from the game.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

As you wish, Tom.

I think a lot of the blame can fall on me, as I have not offered much in the way of story narrative for you to build your character on. Not just yours, but all of them.

I have been telling these stories for a long time and I think my mind has become thin on creativity recently.

Don't lose faith, though! I will find my way back.

Eclecticon

I'm not sure whether any of you decided to pre-order the One Ring 2nd Edition, but I recently bit the bullet and put my money up.  But Cubicle 7 tell me this morning that they're pulling the plug, not only on TOR2, but on the entire line!

QuoteWe have some very unfortunate and unexpected news to share. Contractual differences arose recently which we have been unable to resolve, and so we have decided to end our licensing agreement with Sophisticated Games. It is with regret that we have made this very tough decision to withdraw.

This means we will cease publishing The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth™ in the first half of 2020. Unfortunately, this doesn't give us enough time to release the much-anticipated The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game second edition. As many of you know, our first edition of The One Ring is eight years old, and we had high hopes of a full product line to support our second edition. Our team have worked incredibly hard on this new edition; with many of the announced titles already written and edited, so being very close to completion makes this decision even harder.

Blah blah blah refunding everyone's money blah blah. 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Yikes that sucks, but sadly this property is jinxed from the beginning for RPGs.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

Yeah. They said if they couldnt support the 2ed they were not going to do it. I'm not sure who the other game company is or what there issue there is. Maybe they'll work out a psudeo deal and release what they have in PDF?

I'd like to see the Gondor Sourcebook if nothing else.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

I'm presuming the other company was Sophisticated Games, which holds the license for Middle-Earth RPGs.  No idea what the dispute was about, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything else coming out of the SG/C7 partnership.  I think The Laughter of Dragons is going to be the last TOR book.  That's not a bad note to finish on, but given that we could otherwise have expected a Gondor book, as you say, plus the Moria campaign, it's still a bitter one. 

On a thematically related note, I think this may practically be the end of the current chapter of our story.  Arbogast and Hathcyn, certainly, will find it very difficult to go much further. 

Character sheet