• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:28 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Dude we lost him a long time ago. He came around but there was nothing from him, hence my rpg'ing him until I can write him out.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

I'll post for the character and manage the rolls if it will be helpful.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Eclecticon

It's a pity.  Both he and WaitingCynicism seemed like decent prospects at first.  Ah well, I for one am happy to keep going with the core group we have - if anyone else wants to join, then fine.  If not, also fine. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

I'm for continuing ... yes a pity we lost them *sigh*

FYI starting Friday, I will be on a cruise until after 4/1.  So continue with Grimbeorn as you see fit.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

Nice!  Where are you going to be cruising?

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Quote from: Eclecticon on Mar 18, 2019, 11:30 AMNice!  Where are you going to be cruising?

Caribbean... St. Maarten, San Juan PR, Labadee Haiti

Pray for me, I go with my parents... Don't know what my wife was thinking.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Eclecticon

All places I know about solely from pirate games.  I assume there's less scurvy involved, these days. 

And holidays with parents can be surprisingly tolerable, as long as all parties show some respect for boundaries. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Hey guys, I am down with a flu bug. I will get gam caught up tomorrow.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Thanks for letting us know.  Hope you feel better soon (and that your family escapes the bug unscathed). 

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

Illness will just not be tolerated around here.  If you can type, then you're good to go ;)

Get better

Well we've seen a lot of my fam lately and it's been trying.  The parents are also older and it's more difficult for them to get around.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Guys,
I'm in Iceland. I gotta tell ya, if New Zealand is Third Age Middle-earth then this place is Beleriand.

Amazing. I have passages of the Silmarillion running through my head as I see the land unfolding along route 1.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

I will have more game play up shortly.

Still working out some purpose here.  (-D

tomcat

If anyone has confusion with the Hall of Ghosts, ask me here.

Understand...

Grimbeorn and Arbogast both have the opportunity to reduce the Hall's Hate and defeat it that way.

Hathcyn and Anar have both gone melee paths and will damage the Hall's Endurance with each effective attack. Grimbeorn and Arbogast could change their direction and decide to go melee, but if they do, they cannot return to the Encounter method.

Eclecticon

I'm having some technical issues at the moment - I had to hit the 'post' button five or six times before it actually posted anything.  Each time, it'd do the usual things browsers do when you're loading a page, then take me back to the 'post' screen.  The final post reads okay, though. 

Then, when I went to modify my character sheet, the 'quick edit' button did absolutely nothing.  I tried the 'modify' function, but that's wrecked the formatting and I'm not sure how to fix it.  I may just have to copy it all and re-post, which is annoying. 

This may all be on my end - I'm posting at work and IT are doing some dark magic that I don't understand on the back end of our systems.  I'll let you know if it keeps going after they've stopped. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Okay, I've figured out that using 'modify' on my character sheet somehow stripped the 'pt' bit out of all the size formatting.  I've got it all back under control now, and the Quick Edit button is working fine on my laptop.  Must have been a work thing. 

Character sheet