• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:34 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

I was in vacation this weekend so I had little time to post
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Sep 03, 2018, 01:34 PM #1126 Last Edit: Sep 03, 2018, 03:10 PM by tomcat
I wanna welcome mike to our game!

I am not sure what type of character he is introducing yet, but he should be working on that with Paul, right now.

To introduce us:

Posterboy is Ayrn - he plays the Dale-man minstrel named Tate

Eclecticon is Paul - he plays a Wood-man of Black Tarn named Arbogast, but is currently Loremastering our game

GandalfOfBorg is Matt - he plays Grimbeorn, scion of Beorn

Telcontar is Thomas - he plays Hathcyn, a Beorning

I play Esgalwen, a Gondorian ranger out of Ithilien. She was originally created by Ayrn, but when he had to step out of the game for a while, I kept her on as an NPC (I really liked her story). After playing her so long as Loremaster, I just kept her as my own PC.

Welcome aboard!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Welcome, wilkommen, strazwidzhe and ni hao, Mike!  Nice to see a new face around here.  I am indeed in discussions with Mike about his new character. 

This may slow down the game a bit for a day or two as the super-logical place to introduce him is when the captives get set loose - there could be anyone locked in there! 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Posterboy

Welcome, Mike!

Just want to say, I am good with the slow down. September kick-off is kicking my back side at work and I am anticipating a death in my wife's extended family shortly. So, RL is a bit chaotic at the moment.

If I don't respond to a post within 48 hours, feel free to move it along.

Peace,
Ayrn

tomcat

Hey all,

The DoM_characters excel spreadsheet that I put into Dropbox has been removed from there and is updated through Words of the Raven - Northward (redux). I have added it as an attachment to the Tale of Years thread so that everyone can easily find it.

It needs maintained for story continuity.

Thanks!

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Thanks, Doug!  I looked at it yesterday and could only think 'whoa, there's a big job I don't want to do'.

Character sheet

Posterboy

I just read the Words of the Raven - North (Redux). Once again, I can't say how much I love reading this story we're writing! So good! Way to go, guys!
Peace,
Ayrn

Eclecticon

Cheers, mate.  I want to thank you and Doug for being such good sports about, y'know, not having anything to do for over a week now. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

Sep 13, 2018, 02:25 AM #1133 Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 02:39 AM by Eclecticon
Taking women into his household, looks like Grimbeorn is getting hitched. Matt, Grimbeorn just trashed his father in laws place!!  (-D  (-D  (-D
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

There will be a new thread to move this shambled on, tomorrow is not today.  This I swear, on the unmarked graves of my ancestors!

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 14, 2018, 08:53 AM:ooc: Paul, ignore this if this is not the time or place. I just wanted to write.  ;)
It doesn't quite fit the chronology, but I liked it enough that I'm just going to let it stand.  The last thing I want to do is discourage people from proactively writing stuff. 

Character sheet

Telcontar

I think everyone is getting pretty maxed out with AP checks. When do you expect the next character sheet update to improve the characters and reset the Check clock?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

Pretty soon.   There's basically one or two scenes to go before we go into the Fellowship phase. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Except for the epilogue (Fellowship Phase), Chapter 2 of our Darkening of Mirkwood story has been edited, compiled, and now uploaded to boards and in the Tale of Years.

I will get the balance of the chapter complete tonight or tomorrow, but it is there for your reading pleasure.

As always - if you see anything out of sorts in its progression (grammar, continuity, tense of speech, etc.), please let me know. I read these as I edit, but stuff can get by me. Understand, too, there are some things that I don't add from the original posts for the sake of continuity.

Enjoy!

Posterboy

I have returned... sorry for the absence! Being pulling in 60-70 hr weeks at work for the last couple. Hoping we're settling in a bit of a rhythm now.
Peace,
Ayrn