• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 12:28 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

OOC THREAD

Started by tomcat, Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

I just PM'ed you with it
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Cheers, Doug.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Telcontar

I got it. I cant see the folder to share it on my mobile devices and work computer blocks the site. I'llget it sorted out.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Jun 22, 2018, 07:50 AM #1083 Last Edit: Jun 22, 2018, 07:55 AM by tomcat
Quote from: EclecticonThere are several score Men in a clearing, and women and children besides.  Their dress and braided hair match their speech, though once again it is subtly foreign to that of the Beornings and Woodmen.  Behind them, the stones of a fort jut out from the tree line.  No work of Númenoreans was this, built to stand proud through uncounted years, for it has long fallen into disrepair and overgrowth.  Smoke wafts from the space where its roof would once have stood, speaking of more Men within.

If we go with the assumed value of a score being 20, and several being 3 or 4, then I can assume that there are 60-80 Blood Moon Raiders in this camp. That does not even account for the number of people she can't see in the ruined fortress!

I cannot see us doing anything but running.

Ayrn - let me know what you think whether we should just return north and let Grimbeorn know what we found. The split party thing is not helping our story move on...at least I don't think it is.

Besides, that kind of count can only assume that this is a full-blown raiding company, which means the surrounding villages are threatened. People need to be warned.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Grimbeorn and Hathcyn had a similiar situation.

Just grab a handfull of locals and ride out horns blowing. That planhas got to work at some point.

If you guys get nabbed there isnt much we can do from the Carrock so a raid or failed diplomacy may end poorly.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

I took care of that Sharing, Tom.

Paul and Matt should both have access now.

Telcontar

Yeah I dont know why i cant see the folder.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

Hey, just got back. I'll probably need until Monday to slog through my email and work stack.

Tate's good with getting the truck outta Dodge. Though, I'd say Williferd is a bit of a liability at the moment.

tomcat

The compilation PDF of our first chapter is finally complete!

Chapter 1: The Last Good Years can be found on our Tale of Years thread.

It is 129 pages and laid out like a paperback novel. It makes it easier to read than the compilations I did of our older stories.

Anyway, I am starting Chapter 2 now. Maybe someday I will catch up to where we are.  ;)

Download it if you want.

Eclecticon

Sweet!  I'm definitely going to show this off to people. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I tried to proof the book as I put it together, but we write a LOT!

If you read through it, let me know if there are any disjointed parts, or any grammar inconsistencies.

Eclecticon

A quick heads up: I'll be on holidays starting this Thursday until the 13th.  I'll be camping in the mountains from next Monday. 

I'll keep things going at their usual (suboptimal) pace between here and there, and I'll be back on deck from the 14th onwards. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Also, let me beg your collective indulgence for a parent-brag.  Not long ago, I finished reading The Hobbit to my kids.  On the weekend, we found ourselves walking through the botanical gardens in the middle of Brisbane, and passed an old Moreton Bay Fig.  The kids dashed in for a quick play around and I heard my six-year-old son yell "Wow, it's like Mirkwood in here!  Watch out, Dad, there's giant spiders that'll eat you!" 

So proud. 

Character sheet

Eclecticon

Hey, guys.  Just checking whether there's a holdup because I haven't been clear about anything.  It may be, of course, that you're all busy preparing for some quaint folk festival that you guys hold about this time of year. 

Character sheet

tomcat

I am waiting on Ayrn - he is the one to act in our thread, right now.

From how I read it, Esgalwen and Williferd are still a ways away.