• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Jun 19, 2019, 04:54 pm

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


Shadows

Started by tomcat, Mar 18, 2015, 08:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The team moved quickly to the bulkhead where an environmental door led into a stairwell that went up. Behind, the tweets and whistles of the mech-droid could be heard due to its inability to follow. Mitts led the entourage in, his blaster up and ready, while Haywire guarded the team's six and tried to calm the droid down. He ordered it to stay networked in with the ship's core and keep him updated through his bracer computer. With an agitated series of tweets and whistles, the mech-droid turned on its three legs and rolled back to the network panel where it had been linked before.

Mitts started up the stairs with Martel behind him, Longshot, Hammer and Haywire in tow. They crested the first series of switchback stairs and came to a platform - the stairs continued up. An access door was there too, environmentally sealed, but could be opened. The team new it led to the next deck, which was one of the cargo hold decks.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

 :ooc:Being the GM you can certainly choose to have us in any order you like, but having the Medic lead us into anyplace other than a bar is bad mojo.  He's the one of us that we really can't do without, Haywire being a close second. No offense to Martel or Longshot, but between those two and Hammer, we have fire power and command double covered. Medical and Hacking, not so much.

"Haywire, can the droid open this up for us?" 
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

Mar 23, 2015, 08:19 am #2 Last Edit: Mar 27, 2015, 07:27 pm by tomcat
The tech made a quick inquiry and nodded to his CO, "Yes, sir! It will only take a minute."

Haywire was sure Hammer wasn't just making an inquiry, but he waited to ascertain that this was an order.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Longshot kept his rifle up, scanning their surroundings through his scope; he had no desire for any more surprises on this mission.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Stefan

Hammer glanced at Longshot to make sure he was ready then readied his own weapon for trouble as he gave the nod to Haywire.

"Make it happen."
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

GandalfOfBorg

"A minute?" thought Martel.  "Too much can happen in that amount of time."  Taking a moment, he caught his breath and calmed himself in the Force.

:ooc:  :00: Use the Force This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19

tomcat

:ooc: I am assuming you are using the Force to open this door, Matt? Either way, the 'minute' was just a figure of speech. It'll take as long as it takes a mechdroid to spin that little interface tool.  ;D




The door began to move under the manipulations of the Force by Martell, but then the commands were issued by the mechdroid and the door opened with a hiss. A small puff of air was suddenly visible as the door unsealed for the chamber beyond was pressurized differently - though it was habitable.

Through the aperture was darkness and shadow. Hammer peered deeper in and saw the massive cargo bay of the Action VI. It was three decks in height and had bins of varying sizes stacked on top of one another  or suspended by repulsorlifts. There were only a couple emergency lights lit throughout causing long shadows to stretch in all directions. Central to the chamber was the long pipe-like shaft of the ship's personnel elevator.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

 :ooc:Sorry, meant to just to stretch out senses to monitor location of darksiders.

Stefan

 :ooc:The personnel elevator, is that the same elevator that Martel pushed back up the shaft just a few moments ago?I thought that was a freight elevator that the baddies were riding.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Stefan, you are correct - there is the freight elevator that Matt's character shoved back up into the hold, but what you guys also see is the personnel lift that goes up a shaft through the three-levels of cargo hold. I can show you on the ship schematic if you need a visual.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Apr 07, 2015, 05:24 am #10 Last Edit: Apr 08, 2015, 05:38 am by Stefan
 :ooc:Nah, as long as it's not the same one I'm good.

Hammer steps through the doorway first looking around and moving his rifle from left to right as he does.

Then he steps back into the stairwell and speaks to Martel.

"Sir, There is an elevator just ahead of us.  I think the speed of getting to the higher decks might be worth the risk.  Do you think we should go that way or continue up the stairs?"

:ooc:modified post based on the follow up GM post.

LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

:ooc: Just so you know, the stairwell you are on does continue up - you are at the first landing (one deck above where you guys were before).
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Martel nodded. "Go."

Stefan

Hammer turned back to Haywire and Mitts and sent each of them to the elevator in turn followed by Martel then he went over himself.


"Lets head up."
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

The two Clone Troopers moved out into the shadows, their helmet low-light visors activating automatically in the shadowed hull. Around them and above them were stacked the many cargo crates that the Action VI was hauling. The incessant drone of repulsor systems and maglocks filled the massive chamber, as they held the crates in place within the three-deck high expanse. Lights flickered and the shadows warped and changed as the men made their way from the stairwell to the tall, thin man-lift at the far-end of the bay.




:ooc: Need Perception DC 24 tests from each PC
DC 24 Perception +12/+11, equip mod +2
Longshot :00: 1d20+14 : 5 + 14, total 19

Martel :00: 1d20+13 : 16 + 13, total 29

Haywire :00: 1d20+13 : 19 + 13, total 32

Mitts :00: 1d20+14 : 9 + 14, total 23

Hammer :00: 1d20+13 : 4 + 13, total 17
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]