• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:44 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Birds of Prey - round 4

Started by tomcat, Jul 22, 2014, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan

Hammer watches their missiles impact on the shields of the much larger ship.  They would eventually break through but he was sure that the freighter wouldn't stick around and even the punishment they were dishing out would end up being too little.

He aimed carefully at the ships deflector shield and waited till they passed as close as possible then pressed the firing mechanism on the Ion cannon that had been so ineffectual up to this point.  He could only hope that his shot would land and take the shields down, because if they didn't his first Mission as Sergeant of Derecho would be their first failure.  He couldn't have that.

OOC: Hammer is going to use a destiny point for an automatic critical hit on the shield generator.  Since, according to the rules, there's no need for a hit roll, I'm just going to roll damage and cross my fingers.

:dmg:
Rolled 4d10+4 : 7, 1, 1, 8 + 4, total 21

deadpool

:ooc:Should we really keep firing the ion cannons? I mean, they're mathematically useles.
If their damage is (4d10+4)x2 then max damage would be 44x2=88 and the dmg threshold on this thing is 136. The only way to reach that mark would be with a crit and rolling 30 out of 40 with the dmg dice.
I know I'm metagaming here, but our chances are way to slim.

Stefan

:ooc:Agreed, but there's not much else that Hammer can do from his position and I'm hoping that with the addition of the Destiny point it will actually accomplish something.  At least I'm not wasting ammo since it's and energy weapon powered by the ships engines. The worst that will happen is that I waste the destiny point but since I've never needed one before I think that will be ok.

That's actually one of the reasons that I asked about the shields, I was hoping that I could hop out and start working on the door instead of waiting for the pilots to pummel the shields down to nothing and hoping the freighter didn't run in the mean time.

tomcat

Mitts flew the Y-wing in close and there was a visible reaction as the fighter passed between the electronic shields of the Action VI to fly just over her hull. The medic did not know what had goaded him to make such a dangerous maneuver, but he felt as if his brother on the turret above needed a close-range attack - and he was going to give it to him.

The bulbous shield generator was in front of them. It gave off a faint glow of blue as it projected out the energy that was then bent and 'wrapped' around the ship via shield platings across the hull. Armor was thick around the generator, but Hammer didn't care - his weapon was an ion-cannon and it was built to interrupt all things electronic. The soldier thumbed the cannon triggers and yellow-white flashes streaked out from the double-barrel cannon above his head. The ion blasts walked the length of the hull, scoring it as it did, to finally strafe across the shield generator.

The old Action VI had been hit hard and now her electronic systems were dealt havoc. Inside, control computers locked as ion energy ripped up and down sensitive conduit and network lines that allowed the ship to communicate with itself. In essence, everything stopped. Outside, Hammer smiled under his helmet as the ion blasts scored the transparasteel of the generator to black and then the faint blue-glow of energy winked out.

:ooc: Here is how i am going to run this - the Destiny point causes an auto Critical, which means Hammer does physical damage of 42 (doubled for CRIT) - 15 (DR) = 27 HIT POINTS to ship.

The rest is going to be GM fiat for narrative sake and I am going to say the shield generator is out of sync for three rounds, but can be restored by the Action VI crew in two rounds by using 3 SWIFT actions over the next two consecutive rounds.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

:ooc: I think I'll leave it as is, It's pretty cool the way this played out.

"The shields are down.  Great flying Mitts.  Now lets hop out and pay them a visit!"

disench4nted

"See Longshot? THATS how you shoot an ION cannon.", Haywire said sarcastically. He turned his wishbone towards their target and moved into range to disembark.

:ooc:I guess this is my 5th round action technically, but I'll just put it here for now.

sdrotar

Quote from: disench4nted on Jul 30, 2014, 08:44 AM
"See Longshot? THATS how you shoot an ION cannon.", Haywire said sarcastically. He turned his wishbone towards their target and moved into range to disembark.

:ooc:I guess this is my 5th round action technically, but I'll just put it here for now.

"Yeah, yeah," the sniper replied. "We were too close for my tastes." Haywire could all but see the smirk through Longshot's helmet.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

There was a puff of white as the moisture in the air, within the cockpit, crystallized in the chill of space. Mitts and Hammer both were weightless, as their ship passed away underneath them - the R2 unit now in control. Hammer activated his jetpack and shot towards the looming hull of the Action VI. He could clearly see one of the docking ports on her starboard side.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright, boys. Phase 2," calls out Martel.  "Zed, you've got the controls.  Let's keep her in one piece this time, eh?"   R2-Z4 or "Zed" as it's called, twitters back a response to the Jedi complete with a binary version of *ppppbbbbtbbb*.  "Prepare to jettison, Trike.  You know what you gotta do."  R2-3K or "Trike" gives an anxious confirmation.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

:ooc:Should we keep going on this thread or are you going to put up a new post for our extra-vehicular actions?

tomcat

:ooc: I was just waiting to see if anyone else had an attack action they want to perform, but yea, I will be starting a new narrative post. Going to be tomorrow, though; on a jet right now to Vermont to play a show.  Be back on Friday.