• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 16, 2024, 01:58 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Birds of Prey - round 3

Started by tomcat, Jul 17, 2014, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan

:ooc:Do we have to take down their shields before we start boarding operations?  I was under the impression that shields in SW were really only to stop weapons and wouldn't stop floating objects, hence the reason they have armored hulls.

disench4nted

:ooc:Thats a good question. In SW they have both ray and particle shield to protect from energy and matter respectively. I know in the Empire era most ships only had ray shields and were vulnerable to physical stuff. However, there is nothing stopping ships from having both kinds of shields. If the frigate has particle shields we'll definitely need to take them out before boarding, but if it doesn't then we could conceivably fly through them and board.

tomcat

Jul 22, 2014, 05:49 PM #17 Last Edit: Jul 22, 2014, 05:52 PM by tomcat
The Action VI's shield flared in multiple locations as proton torpedoes slammed against them. The ion cannons, on the other hand, were not making any headway. In his cupola, Hammer winced as his attack console shorted causing sparks and a small puff of acrid smoke. These Y-wings had definitely seen some combat. The loud tweet an whistle sounded within the entire cockpit as the astromech droid recognized the ion cannon's short and began to fix the weapon as quick as possible.

Following Martel's lead, the three fighters peeled off and began a wide loop to come back in for another strafing run. The Action VI was not going anywhere in normal space - that was a certainty. Only the fear of it jumping away ran through all of their minds.

On the freighter's bridge, Ginova called to his gunners, "Blow them out of the sky, and stabilize those shields!"

:ooc: I will read up on the Star Wars Saga page to see if there was any consensus on the physicality of shields and their preventing matter from passing. For now I will remind you, there is always the Destiny Point option. I give you them not so much as a character story goal, but as a game story enhancer - meaning I am not going to make you overcome the darkside as a destiny, but you can make the story more dramatic by doing destiny-like (heroic) actions.

STANDARD - Action VI fires on 1 Martel, 2 Mitts/Hammer, 3 Haywire/Longshot
Rolled 1d3 : 3, total 3

DC 16 Ranged laser cannon [gunner] (+5 BAB +1 veh int mod -2 jamming) (4d10x2)
:00: 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17

:dmg: 4d10 : 10, 3, 10, 5, total 28

x2

SWIFT x 2 to work on shields.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The Action VI's forward laser turret swung and tracked in on Haywire's fighter as it rolled away. The white static of the Longprobe's jammers made the gunner curse as he pulled the trigger. Cannon fire flared in the silence of space and impacted on the Y-wing's shields.

The two clone troopers grunted as the fighter lurched. It was literally knocked sideways some fifteen meters and both soldiers prayed she would hold together.

:ooc: Damage of 56 -10(SR) -10(DR) = 36/120
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]