• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Sep 14, 2019, 10:47 pm

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


Birds of Prey

Started by tomcat, Jun 30, 2014, 04:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

The three Y-wing fighters lifted off in tandem along the wide launch bay of the Dauntless. The galactic positioning of the Ardent Falcon had been uploaded to their NAV systems and the computer plotted their jump so as to allow for distance traveled based on relative speed and direction. If all went well, the fighters would essentially jump into a position to attack, instead of an empty area of space. In either case, one of the Y-wings was built for the purpose of hunting - the Longprobe Y-wing would help in giving the team the upper hand in catching the smugglers off guard.

Mitts looked at his console as the Y-wing arched up and over the Vindicator-class Star Destroyer - the astromech droid was almost done with the computations. His helmet clicked once and his HUD showed it was Haywire transmitting his ready status; seconds later came the commanders. The display then showed his own CompNAV system go green and he pulled back on the shift and in seconds the three Y-wings blinked out of sight.




:ooc: I just need a little heads up on what your plan of attack with the ships is:

Who is in the Longprobe?
What will you use it for?


Etc... set up your attack and we'll play it out.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

 :ooc: My suggestion would be for the Longprobe to jam the ships communications and assist in identifying the potential extra weapons on the ship, then once we've entered the ship it can also scan for any unexpected visitors. The fighters should bee-line for our entry point that we decided earlier and only destroy the weapons directly threatening that part of the ship. If everything goes wrong we may want to be able to turn the ships remaining lasers against any incoming baddies. Then we breach the hull ASAP.

Stefan

 :ooc: Martel will be in the Longprobe according to our plan.  And I agree, he will be scanning the ship, jamming their comms and then the Astromech will be scanning for company.

My understanding of the plan we came up with is that we'll attack with the Y's, destroy any point defenses near the airlocks then go EVA with our jetpacks to the airlocks to force entry while leaving the Y's under the control of the astromechs as a diversion.
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

tomcat

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

deadpool

 :ooc:Seems like a plan

sdrotar

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 01, 2014, 05:44 am
:ooc: Martel will be in the Longprobe according to our plan.  And I agree, he will be scanning the ship, jamming their comms and then the Astromech will be scanning for company.

My understanding of the plan we came up with is that we'll attack with the Y's, destroy any point defenses near the airlocks then go EVA with our jetpacks to the airlocks to force entry while leaving the Y's under the control of the astromechs as a diversion.



:ooc: Works for me. Saddle up.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: sounds good guys... still out til july 9

tomcat

The Y-wing's raced through hyperspace in a close-proximity v-pattern. Martel led the trio and the Jedi spent his time with the Longprobe's sensor suite and jammers, leaving the actual flying to the astromech droid that sat just behind the cockpit.

It was not long into their jump that the object of their search appeared on the utmost limits of the ship sensors. Martel adjusted his system to gain as much information from the target as possible. At the moment, the Jedi could see the lumbering bulk frigate moving through a sub-light course on a non-changing, linear course. That might change soon enough, but for now the fighter group was definitely holding the upper hand. Martel activated the Longprobe's jammers and suddenly the space in front of the ship was bathed in a powerful blanket of white, static noise. He focused the cone-shaped emission so that it impacted the Action VI primarily. Martel also allowed the ship's computer to alternate frequencies every 30 seconds, so as to not allow an easy time for the crew of the frigate to lock down on the jamming and block it out.

Their closing speed was disproportionate to the sub-light speed of the vessel and so Haywire began to calculate in his head the exact moment to drop from lightspeed, so as to swoop in on their target. At the same time, in two of the Y-wings, Longshot and Hammer began to warm up the weapon systems.




:ooc: All right guys - just got back from Tennessee. I have my son's birthday this coming weekend and after that things should quiet down a bit for me and so we should see less pauses in the game.

I am currently writing the combat stats on the Action VI and the Y-wings, so give me until tomorrow on that. I also need to give Matt his Sensor/Jamming test DC's, but he won't be back until the 9th. Still, we may move on without him by one of you making the rolls.

Sorry for the delays!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, I added a jammer suite to the Longprobe, as it did not have one.

To jam, Matt, your ship needs to be within 6 squares of the target and then it is auto, but you must spend a SWIFT action to target. Opposed tests can be made to try an clear the white noise.

For all intents and purposes, your astromechs in each ship are considered crew quality Expert level for needed attributes.

We begin this thread as round 1

I have attached the space combat map - each y-wing takes 1 square; the Action VI takes 1 square, too, in starship scale, but I have drawn it bigger so it looks better on the map. The red box in the center of the ship represents the square it is located in.

Any questions, feel free to ask.





Captain Ginova had spent the better part of his life smuggling for one interest or another. He had never turned down a job and this had garnered him a reputation within circles that he was the man to get things done. Close to fifty years of age and having accumulated a good deal of wealth, the aging captain had set his mind to getting out of the business and finding himself a quiet little place in the galaxy to settle down. All of that changed when he was approached by a hooded, brooding figure that requested he take on another series of jobs - ones that had very high risks. The credits were placed in front of him - paid in full and in advance - and the hooded man, who revealed no other name save Tyrannus, made it clear that the request was anything but. Ginova knew that his life was in danger if he took the jobs, but it was forfeit if he declined.

And so it was that he now stood on the lumbering freighter named the Ardent Falcon. Ginova had handpicked his crew and they were the best of the best - if there were such a thing amongst scoundrels. Tyrannus had other partners, though, and they were present, too. Fortunately, they did not prefer to be social and so they kept to themselves in the lower part of the ship. Still, Captain Ginova was glad to sic them on any would-be Republic agents that might try and board him.

All had been quiet since they had left Rori and he had already made six of the designated deliveries. The Falcon had four more stops here in the Colonies and once done, Ginova planned to disappear with this ship.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I need you guys to give me an initiative roll - even non-pilots, as gunners can act independently.

Action VI
DC -- init -10
:00: 1d20-10 : 3 - 10, total -7

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

disench4nted

 :ooc: First roll....lets see if I have this formatting figured out  :P
Haywire
DC -- init+12
This dice roll has been tampered with!
 :00:
Rolled 1d20+12 : 14 + 12, total 26

disench4nted

How do I avoid the "tampered with" warning? I pressed the roll button then typed in '1d20+12'. Other than that...I guess I got it right!  #:S

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Steve, you got it right. The tampered warning comes up if you EDIT your post after doing a dice roll - the mod writers included that feature to protect for dice tamper.

It's no big deal either way.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jul 09, 2014, 08:01 am #13 Last Edit: Jul 10, 2014, 06:06 am by tomcat
:ooc: BTW Steve, you are welcome to give me your actions as the Action VI is not going to be able to out-react you guys.

Also, I show you guys on the map, but if you want to drop from Hyperspace at a closer or farther range, just let me know. I will adjust accordingly.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

deadpool

 :ooc:Init
Rolled 1d20+11 : 11 + 11, total 22


I guess we want to get as close as we can, so I'll use two move actions to move 8 sqs. In a straight line I suppose or is there any difference?