• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:01 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Beleaguered defense - round 2

Started by tomcat, Jun 16, 2014, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: unless hostiles move into my area, my forces stay put until directed otherwise.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: I'll update this round in the morning and start a new one. As for this combat system, yes we will use it - it may seem quick but I have already allowed this little skirmish to drag out our game for too long.

Tom - no, the +4  is correct; the enemy has Movement 8 and a -4 penalty for a dice modifier of +4

Shawn - actually, Dirnhael is fine. He did not suffer any hits based on your rolls, as neither of the dice came up with a 1 or a 2. As for your character's traits, that stuff will play into this combat as we move past the mass combat. I will have a couple of bad guys landing that you will be able to face off against and normal combat will be used for the PC's.

As for the mass combat, remember this is an abstract system for the mechanics. I will elaborate the results via our narratives. It is also simultaneous.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 06, 2014, 09:49 PM
:ooc: I'll update this round in the morning and start a new one. As for this combat system, yes we will use it - it may seem quick but I have already allowed this little skirmish to drag out our game for too long.

Tom - no, the +4  is correct; the enemy has Movement 8 and a -4 penalty for a dice modifier of +4

Shawn - actually, Dirnhael is fine. He did not suffer any hits based on your rolls, as neither of the dice came up with a 1 or a 2. As for your character's traits, that stuff will play into this combat as we move past the mass combat. I will have a couple of bad guys landing that you will be able to face off against and normal combat will be used for the PC's.

As for the mass combat, remember this is an abstract system for the mechanics. I will elaborate the results via our narratives. It is also simultaneous.

:ooc: I looked at it again and thought the negative-2 was a dice-roll 2.
Reading is fundamental, kids.  (-D
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: I forgot to add the inspiration bonuses to the Free People's when they did their Support checks, so they only lost 1 unit.  #:S

The quiet of the evening was taken by the sound and clamour of men vying for their lives against the Shadow. To the south of the bastion, Orcs charged in while bows thrummed and arrows hissed. Nain stood at the van and his axe cut deeply into the oncoming horde. Celdrahil stood atop the makeshift defense as arrows fell around him burying themselves into wood and flesh. The Dúnadan's own bow delivered death to the shapes along the riverbank. Dirnhael and his gleaming sword Vorandúr, along with Edrahil and Fengel, stood just behind the Dwarf's wheeling axe and they, too, dealt death to the invaders who tried to make the landing here.

The chaos of the melee was difficult and the darkness made it that much harder. Men of the North had to judge quickly at a turn whether a shape be friend or foe, and many fell due to an unsure hand, yet Dirnhael was proud to see his two ranks hold their formation against the Orcs as they drove them into the mud. Only Guilin, within the barricade feared as his untrained boys and elders fell to the arrows that rained down on them.

On the river, the leader of the Gibbet King's forces grunted as he saw his soldiers being hemmed on the bank or slain by shaft and steel further up the shore. He yelled to his poleman to press harder and commanded his trumpeters blow their call for war.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]