• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:32 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Uphill engagement - round 5

Started by tomcat, Nov 04, 2013, 04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Nov 04, 2013, 04:33 PM Last Edit: Nov 12, 2013, 03:14 PM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: PC's have made their initial movement on the hill. They face one standard droideka; a sniper droideka; two patrols of 6xB-1 2xB-2 battle droids that are close

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Longshot and Haywire both suffer fatigue - persistent condition CT -1.

Martel - 0/96
Booth - 0/89
Mitts - 9/80
Hammer - 0/91
Haywire - 18/81
Longshot - 0/81
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sniper droideka - DESTROYED
Droideka 1 - DESTROYED
Droideka 2 - 0/40 SR 10 REF 16

Consumption:
I am not going to concern with consumption due to the increased capacity of your weapons, unless you guys use autofire, or any grenades.

Initiative:
Droideka (+8) 25
Mitts (+12) 22
Hammer (+12) 21
Longshot (+11) 21
Sniper Droideka (+9) 20
Booth (+13) 17
Martel (+13) 15
Haywire (+11) 15
B1/B2's (+0) 3

:ooc: Droideka 2 cannot do anything this round - so it is your turns.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

deadpool

Half the team was up the hill now, but Longshot was still behind and alone. His position was most likely compromised too. "Hey, Longshot, how you doing back there? Give me a sit rep? Need any backup?"

As he waited for a response, Mitts tried to take down the remaining enemies near them, covering his teammates on the top of the hill.

:ooc: Using Running Attack to shoot at the Sniper D. If I can't, I shoot the other Droideka.
Attack roll  blaster carbine +10 (3d8+5) with Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+10 : 4 + 10, total 14

DMG
Rolled 3d8+5 : 5, 8, 1 + 5, total 19

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Martel will use the suspended droideka as a shield against fire from sniper D or other threat.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

:ooc:I believe that the B-1's are now within point blank range (30 standard squares, 15 double size squares) as I counted them at 14 based on 1.5x distance on the diagonal.  If that's not correct please let me know, I'll have to make some changes.

Seeing the second droideka floating out over the ledge, Hammer figured that Commander Martel had things well in hand...or the force.  He decided to focus his attention on the looming threat of the B-1 patrol that was bearing down on them from the south.  He turned, re-braced his rifle, and opened fire on them.

Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle* +10 (3d10+8) when braced on autofire and Point Blank Range With Autofire Sweep [when making an autofire attack, can attack all targets in a six-square cone; origin square can be any in line of sight and within Point Blank range - LECG p.34]   This is an area attack.
Rolled 1d20+10 : 8 + 10, total 18

Rolled 3d10+8 : 7, 5, 6 + 8, total 26

tomcat

Nov 06, 2013, 08:19 AM #4 Last Edit: Nov 06, 2013, 08:22 AM by tomcat
"Oh no!" squeals one of the B-1 battledroids as it sees Hammer kneel into a position to brace his large heavy blaster. The gun began to gout fire at the oncoming squad of droids and in an instant six went down, their plasteel shell armor unable to protect against the attack. Like dominos, five of the B-1's toppled to the ground smoking and sparking along with one of their larger cousins, a B-2. The remaining two droids looked around the bleak landscape to find any cover.

Hammer smiled under his helmet.

On the second tier of the mount, Booth pointed to the door and called out to Martel, "Commander, I hate to break your concentration but we need that door opened! Otherwise, Haywire is going to have to do it the hard way."

Blaster fire rose from the base of the mountain over their heads. Booth knew that his team on the ground was still engaging the threats. Mitts put his firing reticule on the droideka sniper and the bolts struck the weakened droid. The shields flickered out and then the top blew off. The sniper's long blaster rifle sagged and then the tri-legs gave out underneath dropping the awkward droid to the Relay Station's roof.

For the moment, it seemed all opposition had been dispatched.

:ooc: Okay, Hammer's fire dispatches 6 units - 1 for each square he is able to attack. The B-1's have REF 9 and HP of 12, the B-2 has REF 12 and HP 21.

Mitts hits the weakened sniper droideka with a 14 due to its lowered REF from the -5 CT. His damage overcomes the remaining 10 SR and kills it.

The rest of you guys may go.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

:ooc:Doug can i see the second squad of droids from my position?

tomcat

:ooc: No, they are moving along the base of Hill C and it blocks your view.

Callowmoryne

"Damn fine shooting Hammer!" Longshot snarled. He sighted up the remaining droids from the patrol. Took aim on the B2. Exhaled, and fired.

:ooc:

Ranged sniper rifle* +10 (4d8+7; CT -1) with Deadeye and Debilitating Shot (requires Aim)

Rolled 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24

Damage
Rolled 4d8+7 : 8, 4, 6, 1 + 7, total 26

tomcat

Nov 06, 2013, 09:17 PM #8 Last Edit: Nov 06, 2013, 09:22 PM by tomcat
Another Confederacy droid disintegrated with Longshot's clean hit. The first droid patrol had been effectively destroyed. Still, Longshot knew there was another one out there and he kept his eyes open.

The sniper's helmet comm crackled to life, "Longshot, I like having your rifle keeping overwatch on us and guarding our retreat. But I think you will soon be out of position to help us with the generator in the way. What are your chances on getting to Hill K or J?" The sarge's voice was not stressed, but Longshot could sense an urgency. "Either try to get to a new position or regroup with us, but know that it's going to be close combat beyond this door."

Booth checked his chronometer. It had been less than three minutes since their attack had begun, but the Relay Station's communications were quite active. They could call for reinforcements and bring a world of hurt down on he and his men. D-Squad had to hurry. They had to get within the facility and begin to shut it down... permanently.

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright," the Padawan responded.  "Prepare to fire on the droid, gonna use it to bash in the door."

:ooc:
Use the Force, if necessary -  1d20+12 : 6 + 12, total 18
Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: I'll use a DP to increase the damage by +6d6...
Force Damage, droideka and door 8d6+0 : 3, 4, 6, 6, 6, 2, 5, 6, total 38
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

:ooc: I will tally that damage, Matt, but can I make a suggestion - drop the droid from height and let gravity do the rest and use your saber to cut the door open like butter. It would save you a DP, but your call.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: I thought of chucking it over the edge as far as I could but wasn't sure if it'd survive and remain a threat to Longshot.  If you think that is possible, I'll do that instead.  It's a standard action to continue to use the power to do that unless you say otherwise.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

:ooc: Never mind - looking at the vertical exaggeration it will only fall about 7 meters and take at most 2d6 damage. So, we'll leave it as is.

The UtF attack roll hits and the door and droid take:

Droideka 38 - 20 (SR) = 18/40 CT -1
Door 38 - 10 (DR) = 28/50

Martel gestured and the Droideka suspended in air first dipped down and then swept into the metal door that barred their access. Its shields bulged in the opposite direction from the door as it was smashed against it, but both droid and door still survived. Booth leveled his blaster at the trapped Droideka and fired.

tomcat

:ooc: Booth fires on the Droideka

STANDARD
:00: DC 10 (helpless) Ranged assault blaster rifle* +11 (3d8+5) with Point Blank
Rolled 1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19

dmg if successful 3d8+5 : 5, 5, 7 + 5, total 22