• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 18, 2024, 09:29 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Uphill engagement - round 3

Started by tomcat, Oct 14, 2013, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Not a problem, Stefan - but I am going to make one correction to the post. Hammer does not have Running Attack which allows to split up movement, so he will have to MOVE out first and then STANDARD fire but this will leave him exposed until the start of your next turn. Any questions, give me a shout.

Hammer hits Droideka 1 for 40 - 20(SR) = 20 damage -or- 20/40 CT -1; SR reduced to 15
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Guess I know what he'll be taking for his level 9 feat B-)

tomcat

Longshot's fire had overcome the droideka sniper's shields and its processor recorded a real threat. It would not allow that to occur again. It aimed on the clone and fired.

SWIFT x 2 to aim
STANDARD fire on Longshot
:00: DC 25 Ranged blaster rifle +13 (4d8+2), CT -1
Rolled 1d20+12 : 1 + 12, total 13

dmg if success 4d8+2 : 3, 1, 3, 8 + 2, total 17

FP if necessary
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Freaking lame! The sniper auto misses with NAT 1 - not going to charge it the FP

tomcat

:ooc: Going to  act for Aryn, as I think he is still away. If you do not like these actions, let me know and we can look at revising.

Matt, my narrative below will not cost you any  actions, so you may perform as you please on your initiative.

Booth needed to get his team moving. They were close to the target but getting bogged down with fire from above would only increase their danger. He quickly drew and switched his blaster pistol to its ascension gun setting and aimed at the wall above the first tier. The clone's other arm reached out to Martel who stood beside him and suddenly the two were being hoisted to the ledge above. He yelled in his comlink as he rose, "Keep the fire heavy on those clankers until we're in position and then Longshot and I will cover for you! I want the three of you up here pronto!"

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: If Martel moved closed to the next cliff face, would he be within the 12 spaces needed for Move Object against a droideka?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Posterboy

:ooc:Thanks, Doug. The action looks good to me. I was going to have Booth order Haywire take Martel up, but this works just as well. I'm back now... I'll be away the next few weekends for work, but otherwise should be able to post during the week. Thanks!

For the team, except Hammer, let's try to combine fire on that sniper droid to ease the pressure off Longshot. If Hammer can take the heat for a bit, stay down low for a bit and keep hitting at the other two droideka's with burst fire so that you keep lowering their shield rating. Once we finish off the sniper, us guys who can't cause as much damage will hit the other droidekas (now with little to no shields) and take them out while Hammer covers Longshot's movement from his perch to the station from the battle droid patrols. I suggest something like this:

Hammer attacks the two regular droidekas with burst fire looking to bring down their shields.
Haywire and Martel continue to move up towards the power station, probably attacking the regular droidekas along the way.
Booth, Mitts and Longshot take out the sniper droid, and then move over to take out the regular droidekas if necessary.

Longshot makes his way to the station, Hammer provides cover fire from the battle droid patrols if needed. Once Longshot reaches the hill, the two of them make their way up the hill side.

Martel and Haywire make their way to the power generator so Haywire can plant explosives. Martel covers him.

Booth and Mitts provide cover fire for either Longshot or Martel/Haywire as needed.

After the explosives are set, the team makes their way to the relay station to set some explosives.

tomcat

Oct 21, 2013, 11:07 AM #22 Last Edit: Oct 21, 2013, 11:09 AM by tomcat
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Oct 20, 2013, 12:17 PM:ooc: If Martel moved closed to the next cliff face, would he be within the 12 spaces needed for Move Object against a droideka?

:ooc: He Matt, no, you have to take the height into count, too, and it is still a distance for that power to work. I added the vertical exaggeration to this post so you can get an idea of distance in squares. Understand the Vertical Exaggeration map is measured in normal 1.5 meter squares compared to the overhead map we are using for combat which are 3.0 meter squares.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Posterboy

:ooc:So that I understand correctly, the regular droidekas are two tiers higher than Booth and Martel (one tier above the power generator)? And the sniper is on the same tier as well, but higher up because it's on top of the roof of the relay station? Yes?

If so, if Booth steps away from the cliffside now, will he still have line of sight to the regular droidekas and the sniper?

Also, if Booth were to give Martel his ascension gun at the end of his last movement, would that be considered a free or quick action? In which case could Martel grab Booth and rappel up to the next tier (the one with the power generator?) {not gonna lie... it feels a little abusive to me, but cool tactic if it works... it would be an effective way to get our team up quick}

tomcat

Quote from: Posterboy on Oct 21, 2013, 11:23 AM
:ooc:So that I understand correctly, the regular droidekas are two tiers higher than Booth and Martel (one tier above the power generator)? And the sniper is on the same tier as well, but higher up because it's on top of the roof of the relay station? Yes?

If so, if Booth steps away from the cliffside now, will he still have line of sight to the regular droidekas and the sniper?

Also, if Booth were to give Martel his ascension gun at the end of his last movement, would that be considered a free or quick action? In which case could Martel grab Booth and rappel up to the next tier (the one with the power generator?) {not gonna lie... it feels a little abusive to me, but cool tactic if it works... it would be an effective way to get our team up quick}

:ooc: First question is yes, the sniper is on the roof top and the standard droidekas are on the top tier.

Second question, I am going to allow line of sight up the hill  as long as a PC moves out 4 squares from the wall they are taking cover. If you were to run a line on the Vert_Exag map, it wouldn't show LOS unless you were out six, but I am not going to do that to you guys.

For the last question, no, to hand over the gun would be a MOVE action.

Zilfallion

Haywire would be in the process of drawing his own blaster pistol when Booth's order came in over his helmet's comlink.  He didn't have a line of sight on any target, so progressing upwards was a logical choice.  A quickly flick of a switch later to change it to ascension mode, Haywire would fire the grapple up the cliff so he could begin the climb up.

:ooc: Ugh, my brain just has not been able to generate posts for RPs recently.  I'm not sure why not.  I feel so zombie-like right now.  At least Imperial bioweapons Project I71A hasn't been created yet, we don't have to deal with zombies.

GandalfOfBorg

"One more climb, Booth!" says Martel, racing for the cliff edge.

:ooc: Guess I wait until next round :)
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Oct 22, 2013, 11:24 AM #27 Last Edit: Oct 22, 2013, 12:12 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Maps updated and attached

Stefan

tomcat

:ooc: Okay... battle droids move again to end the round... setting up round 4