• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:41 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Uphill engagement - round 4

Started by tomcat, Oct 22, 2013, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 22, 2013, 12:22 PM Last Edit: Oct 24, 2013, 07:48 AM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: PC's have made their initial movement on the hill. They face two standard droidekas; a sniper droideka; two patrols of 6xB-1 2xB-2 battle droids that are close

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Longshot and Haywire both suffer fatigue - persistent condition CT -1.

Martel - 0/96
Booth - 0/89
Mitts - 9/80
Hammer - 0/91
Haywire - 18/81
Longshot - 0/81
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sniper droideka - 38/41 CT -5; SR 10 REF 19
Droideka 1 - DESTROYED
Droideka 2 - 0/40 SR 20 REF 16
Auto turret 1 - DESTROYED
Auto turret 2 - DESTROYED
Spider droid 1 - DESTROYED
Spider droid 2 - DESTROYED

Consumption:
I am not going to concern with consumption due to the increased capacity of your weapons, unless you guys use autofire, or any grenades.

Initiative:
Droideka (+8) 25
Mitts (+12) 22
Hammer (+12) 21
Longshot (+11) 21
Sniper Droideka (+9) 20
Booth (+13) 17
Martel (+13) 15
Haywire (+11) 15
B1/B2's (+0) 3
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Seeing the troopers mounting the hill, the droidekas both open fire with their cannons, raining down terrible fire on Booth and Hammer.

Droideka1 attacks Hammer
SWIFT x 2 (2 of 3 to Recover)
STANDARD
:00: DC 27 Ranged laser cannon +11/+11 (3d8) -2 for Dual Weapon, -2 for Range, -5 autofire, -1 CT
laser cannon 1 1d20+1 : 7 + 1, total 8

laser cannon 2 1d20+1 : 12 + 1, total 13

dmg1 if successful, 1/2 dmg if 10+ 3d8 : 4, 8, 5, total 17

dmg2 if successful, 1/2 dmg if 10+ 3d8 : 6, 8, 4, total 18

Droideka2 attacks Booth
STANDARD
:00: DC 27 Ranged laser cannon +11/+11 (3d8+1) +1 for Point Blank, -2 for Dual Weapon, -5 autofire
laser cannon 1 1d20+5 : 19 + 5, total 24

laser cannon 2 1d20+5 : 7 + 5, total 12

dmg1 if successful, 1/2 dmg if 10+ 3d8+1 : 5, 8, 3 + 1, total 17

dmg2 if successful, 1/2 dmg if 10+ 3d8+1 : 6, 6, 1 + 1, total 14
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 22, 2013, 12:46 PM #2 Last Edit: Oct 22, 2013, 12:53 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Results

Hammer is hit 2 times for 19 /2 = 9 -2(DR) = 7 and 18 /2 = 9 -2(DR) = 7 for 14/91*

*Sorry, Stefan - I miscounted the range and so the attacks would have been at PB instead of Short and thus not had any penalty, but instead have gained the Point Blank Shot bonus.

Booth is hit 2 times for 17 /2 = 8 -2(DR) = 6 and 14 /2 = 7 -2(DR) = 5 for 11/89

deadpool

:ooc: Can I get a shot at the droidekas?

Stefan

:ooc:Fair enough, i'm still winning on the damamge scale for the moment. Can Hammer see the B-1's yet?

The burning sensation as the blaster fire from the droideka above was a special feeling that he'd learned to love and hate over his years in the army.  It nearly brought a tear to his eye but at the same time it brought the adreniline that he could use to carry the battle.  He droped to his knee, not from the pain but to brace.  Although the others couldnt see, at malicious grin broke out across his face as he returned fire.

Fire on the same droideka he hit last time unless Mitts kills it first, otherwise fire on the second droideka.

Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle* +10 (5d10+8) with Burst Fire and braced and Point Blank Shot

Rolled 1d20+10 : 18 + 10, total 28

Rolled 5d10+8 : 7, 6, 5, 8, 1 + 8, total 35

tomcat

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 23, 2013, 03:51 AM:ooc: Can Hammer see the B-1's yet?

:ooc: Yes, Hammer can see the B1-P2 platoon. It is a total of six B-1 battle droids, with two b-2's as support. Longshot can also see the platoon running across the open terrain. The remaining team cannot see the droids due to obstructions.

I have edited the map to remove the former shadowed ruin - as I never really had any idea what to make of it. I was thinking a downed ship, or a burnt out structure, but then decided its easier to just clear it off the map.

tomcat

Quote from: deadpool on Oct 23, 2013, 01:06 AM:ooc: Can I get a shot at the droidekas?

:ooc: Yes, based on your character's position on the map, he is 4-squares from the wall of the first tier and does have line of sight (based on my ruling above needing to be 4 squares away from the wall - remember the overhead map squares are considered two each at 3 meters instead of 1.5).

Posterboy

:ooc:Doug, just checking on the hits that the droidekas made. Wouldn't Hammer and Booth both sustain no damage because none of the droidekas' shots actually beat the troopers' REF defenses and both troopers have the Evasion talent?

tomcat

:ooc: Oh crap... yea, you are right. Dude, I missed the Evasion talents. I might as well open the doors and let you guys walk in now!  (-D

These damn droids won't be able to hit crap. I will remove the damage.

tomcat

:ooc: never mind, not so bad - Hammer an Booth are the only evasive ones and Martel has delect. So, the droids can be a bit of a threat.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: doug if  i use my entire round to run towards the squad how many squares can I move

Posterboy

Booth ducked as he felt two bolts of hot laser fire pass over head. Their aim's improving... that was close!

The sergeant heeded the Jedi's words, shooting the synthecable dart to find a hold on the next cliff ledge. Sliding his arms under the commander's, Booth hit the switch and began their next climb.

"Haywire!" Booth commanded through the comm. "Get yourself up here quick. Longshot, you got that sniper offline yet?"

Callowmoryne

"I'm on it sarge"

:ooc:
Ranged sniper rifle* +10 (4d8+7; CT -1) with Deadeye and Debilitating Shot (requires Aim)
Sniper droideka
Rolled 1d20+10 : 20 + 10, total 30

Damage
Rolled 4d8+7 : 8, 2, 8, 1 + 7, total 26

deadpool

"I'll cover you! Go!"

:ooc: I'm gonna use Running Attack to fire and return to the side of the wall. I'm shooting at Droideka 1

Attack roll  blaster carbine +10 (3d8+5) with Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+10 : 16 + 10, total 26

Damage roll
Rolled 3d8+5 : 1, 2, 4 + 5, total 12

Posterboy

:ooc:

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Oct 24, 2013, 02:06 AM
"I'm on it sarge"

Haha! I love it that you give that line and then roll a natural 20! Rock on!