• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 02:36 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Uphill engagement - round 3

Started by tomcat, Oct 14, 2013, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 14, 2013, 05:25 PM Last Edit: Oct 17, 2013, 08:30 AM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: PC's have made their initial movement on the hill, but their position was compromised. They face two auto-turrets with limited field of fire; a sniper droideka; two spider droids out of position; two patrols of 6xB-1 2xB-2 battle droids, also out of position and will need to close

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Longshot and Haywire both suffer fatigue - persistent condition CT -1.

Martel - 0/96
Booth - 0/89
Mitts - 9/80
Hammer - 0/91
Haywire - 18/81
Longshot - 0/81
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sniper droideka - 1/41 CT -1; SR 15 REF 19
Droideka 1 - 20/40 CT -1; SR 15 REF 16
Droideka 2 - 0/40 SR 20 REF 16
Auto turret 1 - DESTROYED
Auto turret 2 - DESTROYED
Spider droid 1 - DESTROYED
Spider droid 2 - DESTROYED

Consumption:
I am not going to concern with consumption due to the increased capacity of your weapons, unless you guys use autofire, or any grenades.

Initiative:
Droideka (+8) 25
Auto-turrets (+8) 24
Mitts (+12) 22
Hammer (+12) 21
Longshot (+11) 21
Sniper Droideka (+9) 20
Booth (+13) 17
Martel (+13) 15
Haywire (+11) 15
B1/B2's (+0) 3

The team had now reached the wall and needed to begin the arduous climb, but even as they began two more Droideka rolled out of the station above and began to unwrap themselves into their fighting forms.

:ooc: The two new droidekas are shown on the map and they have used their initiative to roll our and change. Auto-turret 2 has no targets, so it is your turns.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Again, sorry for the delays, guys. It's been a heckuva busy week!  :|

I think I extrapolated everything over from round 2, but if you guys see something I missed, please let me know. Thanks!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

I'm of no use here, ducking under the rock face.  Martel pulls out his syntherope and grappling hook, slinging it up the rock face to find a hold.

Throw grappling hook -  1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

deadpool

"Hammer and I will take the turret, you go up!"

:ooc:  Ranged attack with blaster carbine +10 (3d8+5) with Point Blank Shot  at Auto Turret

Attack
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 7 + 10, total 17

DMG
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 3d8+5 : 4, 8, 7 + 5, total 24

If I need to move or something I'll do it with Running Attack

deadpool

Sorry, made a mistake with the color and had to modify the post. I forgot about the whole tampered thing.

tomcat

:ooc:  ;D No problem, Deadpool!

One thing, Stefan has a kill on that auto-turret if he wants to spend a force point, otherwise, Mitts knocks it out. Probably be wiser to save the FP, right?

Once John fires, I will do the sniper droid.

Callowmoryne

Well the shot was close, but not to close in longshots mind. His job was to draw fire. He sighted the droideka. Slowly squeezing the trigger.

:ooc:

Ranged sniper rifle* +10 (4d8+7; CT -1) with Deadeye and Debilitating Shot (requires Aim)
Spider Droideka
Rolled 1d20+10 : 7 + 10, total 17

Damage if needed
Rolled 4d8+7 : 6, 6, 1, 1 + 7, total 21

Callowmoryne

:ooc: damn what's the number I need to hit, is it worth a force point?

tomcat

:ooc: Hey John, he has a REF of 20, so yea, you could make the hit with a FP. So you know, at 8th level, you roll two d6's and take the better of the two.

Callowmoryne

:ooc:force point
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

deadpool

:ooc: Hey, I'm first on initiative, so stefan could change his post since the target he shot is dead by his turn?

Stefan

Unless I get to reroll it's not going to matter, with a hit roll of 9 it would take at least 2-3 fp to bring it up enough to hit anything else.

tomcat

Oct 16, 2013, 12:11 PM #12 Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013, 12:13 PM by tomcat
Quote from: deadpool on Oct 16, 2013, 03:53 AM:ooc: Hey, I'm first on initiative, so stefan could change his post since the target he shot is dead by his turn?

:ooc: Makes absolute sense. Mitts knocks out the auto-turret 2 with his attack: 24 -10(SR) = 10 damage -or- 25/25 DESTROYED (actually disabled but these are just mook fodder)

Stefan, I have no problem if you do a complete revision of your post and any actions that would go with it.

With the FP, Longshot also hits on the droideka for 21 - 20(SR) = 1 point of damage -or- 1/41 CT -1; shields reduced by 5 points

I will post for the droideka once I see if Hammer revises

Mitts stepped off the wall again into line of sight with the turret tower above. His carbine blaster flared and the automated gun began to smoke and then made a loud POP! as it blew the turret off its tower.

On top of the tower, the duel between snipers commenced as Longshot's returned attack hit the droideka cleanly. The clone gritted his teeth as he saw his blaster fire disperse across the killer droid's shields. It would be a tougher nut to crack, but he would see it done. With its shields sparkling, the enemy returned fire.

Stefan

Hammer, seeing no other enemies on the ground, turns and takes a quick step back to fire on the remaining turret, seeing that it's been destroyed, he fires at the droideka instead, then moves back under cover of the rock face.

Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle* +7 (5d10+8) with Burst Fire and Point Blank Shot

Rolled 1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25

Rolled 5d10+8 : 9, 1, 2, 10, 10 + 8, total 40

Stefan

That's much better, thanks for letting me revise it.