• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

No Man's Land - round 2

Started by tomcat, Oct 03, 2013, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 03, 2013, 07:05 PM Last Edit: Oct 05, 2013, 08:50 AM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: PC's have made their initial movement on the hill, but their position was compromised. They face two auto-turrets with limited field of fire; a sniper droideka; two spider droids out of position; two patrols of 6xB-1 2xB-2 battle droids, also out of position and will need to close

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Longshot and Haywire both suffer fatigue - persistant condition CT -1.

Martel - 0/96
Booth - 0/89
Mitts - 9/80
Hammer - 0/91
Haywire - 18/81
Longshot - 0/81
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sniper droideka - 0/41 SR 20 REF 19
Auto turret 1 - DESTROYED
Auto turret 2 - 0/25 SR 10 REF 16
Spider droid 1 - 0/32 REF 13
Spider droid 2 - 0/32 REF 13

Consumption:
I am not going to concern with consumption due to the increased capacity of your weapons, unless you guys use autofire, or any grenades.

Initiative:
Auto-turrets (+8) 24
Mitts (+12) 22
Hammer (+12) 21
Longshot (+11) 21
Droideka (+9) 20
Booth (+13) 17
Martel (+13) 15
Haywire (+11) 15
Spider droids (+3) 10
B1/B2's (+0) 3
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc:I'm going to be out of commission for a few days due to birthday parties and heavy work load. Feel free to NPC Booth as needed. My intention would be to take out that spider droid that just rounded the corner, and probably the other one as it comes around too. I imagine Booth to be the last guy up the wall... he'd want to stick around in case Longshot needs some back up.

If Hammer/Mitts happen to destroy Spider Droid #1, before Booth's turn, Booth will pop out from the wall again and look to shoot the same target as Longshot (assuming Longshot is firing on the Droideka or Turret), before returning to the cover of the wall once again.

Booth spoke crisply over his commset as he picked his target. "Combined fire, boys. Let's take these clankers down one at a time."

:ooc:
Attack vs spider droid #1: 1d20+11 : 18 + 11, total 29

Damage if successful: 3d8+5 : 5, 4, 7 + 5, total 21

Again, cover fire, and running attack if needed

Zilfallion

:ooc:  :\  I know I probably shouldn't mention this as a player, but Haywire's HP should read 18/81.  You didn't add the droideka's damage to the set you have up.

tomcat

:ooc: Thanks, I fixed it.

Auto-turret #2 fires on Mitts
:00: DC 27 Ranged light repeating blaster +6 (3d8+3) with braced autofire and Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14

dmg if successful, half if roll over 10 3d8+3 : 1, 7, 5 + 3, total 16
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Results

Mitts takes damage of 8 -2 (DR) = 6 -or- 9/80

deadpool

Once again, Mitts was surrounded by the autoturret's blaster fire. He tried to avoid them, but got slightly hit by the concentrated energy attack. Quickly glancing at the damage done to his armor he said to himself "It's just a flesh wound, come on." When he turned his head, though, he was able to see the spider droid moving towards them, ready to fire.
"Damn it." he muttered. As fast as he could, he pivoted on his feet and turn to his right, facing the incoming threat. "Get to cover! Move!" he cried at Haywire. "Come here you four-legged S.O.B." shouted over his own carbine's shots.

:ooc:I'll move through Haywire's square to the one right above Martel.
Attack with blaster carbine +10 (3d8+5) with Point Blank Shot  at Spider droid

Attack
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21

Dmg
Rolled 3d8+5 : 8, 8, 8 + 5, total 29

deadpool

:ooc:wow, max dmg. Unbelievable

Callowmoryne

His team was taking fire. The patrols were just out of sight and would likely be on his ass soon. They were outnumbered. Things were heating up fast. Longshot was loving life.

:ooc: if it's still alive I fire on same spider droid as Mitts. If not, the other. Nice damage roll!

Ranged sniper rifle* +10 (4d8+7; CT -1) with Deadeye and Debilitating Shot (requires Aim)

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 14 + 10, total 24

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 4d8+7 : 4, 6, 1, 5 + 7, total 23

Callowmoryne

:ooc: oh damn sorry guys I just wanted to fix my horrible spelling and punctuation lol if you want me to roll again Doug "where you can see it" I will

Zilfallion

:ooc: Personally, I'm all for giving someone the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this.

tomcat

Quote from: Callowmoryne on Oct 04, 2013, 01:25 PM:ooc: oh damn sorry guys I just wanted to fix my horrible spelling and punctuation lol if you want me to roll again Doug "where you can see it" I will

:ooc: No worries, John. The rolls are fine. I sometimes forget about the tamper guard when I go back and fix my post. I have gotten in the habit of separating dice roll posts from narrative posts, or re-reading my text to make sure I don't have any mess ups. It's all good though, you know that.

I will post an update shortly.

tomcat

Oct 04, 2013, 05:42 PM #11 Last Edit: Oct 04, 2013, 05:46 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Results

Mitts hits with awesome results on the spider droid 1 for 29/32 CT -1

Longshot hits spider droid 1 for 23 damage -or- 52/32 DESTROYED

Booth fired on Auto-turret 2 for 21 -10 (SR) = 11/25

Just need Hammer and then I will post for the droideka

Mitts moved quickly into position and went to a knee. His carbine flared before the spider droid could react and the blaster bolt struck it cleanly in one of its joints. The hulking machine began to shake and rattle as the well placed shot ripped through its control mechanisms. Seconds later, Longshot's own blaster fire ripped into the thing even more and caused it to brew up. The droid collapsed on its legs and burned.

Still trying to eliminate the mountains defenses, Booth backed off the hill and pumped more fire into the remaining auto-cannon.

GandalfOfBorg

"Alright, up I go, you guys are hogging all the fun.  Maybe I can take care of two mynocks with one slug."

:ooc:What will it take to scale the cliffs? I believe we all have ascension equipment.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Matt,

Here is the descriptor for the S-5 Ascension gun: A successful hit using the liquid cable feature ensnares a target or securely attaches to a targeted surface. It can lift up to 500 kilograms and has a range of 8 squares. It holds two 20-meter liquid cables.

So, to hit the cliff wall is a DC 5 which is a non-needed roll, and then it hauls the gunner up. Martel does not have an ascension gun but another teammate can hoist him up with themselves - I don't think the two PC's would be over a combined weight of 1,102 pounds. Otherwise it will be a DC 25 to scale the walls with no gear.

Zilfallion

:ooc: Huh, I was under the impression we were using the one from Galaxy at War pg. 37-38.  Max lift of 720kg.  Max range on syntherope shot vertically is 30 squares(45 meters), allows you to move vertically at a speed of 12 squares per round in ascension mode.