• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Nov 19, 2019, 02:33 am

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


No Man's Land - round 1

Started by tomcat, Oct 02, 2013, 07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Oct 02, 2013, 07:46 pm Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013, 08:12 pm by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: PC's have made their initial movement on the hill, but their position was compromised. They face two auto-turrets with limited field of fire; a sniper droideka; two spider droids out of position; two patrols of 6xB-1 2xB-2 battle droids, also out of position and will need to close

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):


  • All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.

  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear

  • Longshot and Haywire both suffer fatigue - persistant condition CT -1.





Martel - 0/96
Booth - 0/89
Mitts - 0/80
Hammer - 0/91
Haywire - 0/81
Longshot - 0/81
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sniper droideka - 0/41 SR 20 REF 19
Auto turret 1 - 0/25 SR 10 REF 16
Auto turret 2 - 0/25 SR 10 REF 16
*other units will be added as they come into range of the conflict


Consumption:
I am not going to concern with consumption due to the increased capacity of your weapons, unless you guys use autofire, or any grenades.

Initiative:
Auto-turrets (+8) 24
Mitts (+12) 22
Hammer (+12) 21
Longshot (+11) 21
Droideka (+9) 20
Booth (+13) 17
Martel (+13) 15
Haywire (+11) 15





Mitts and Haywire ran for the wall of the mountain where their friends stood waiting under cover of its shadow, but Martel had been spotted and the auto-sentry turrets went online and tracked in on both men. Each cold-blooded machine chose a target and fired, while above the sniper droideka began to assess the battlefield.




:ooc: okay, for the start of this round, I have Mitts and Haywire starting at a position away from the wall where they can still be targeted. Aryn, you can keep your attack roll from the previous thread, but you will need to precede it with a MOVE action so as to step away from the wall to gain line of sight.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: In initiative order:

Auto-Turret 1 targets Haywire (W)
:00: DC 26 Ranged light repeating blaster +6 (3d8+3) with braced autofire and Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19

dmg if successful, half if roll above 10 3d8+3 : 5, 3, 1 + 3, total 12


Auto-Turret 2 targets Mitts (M)
:00: DC 27 Ranged light repeating blaster +6 (3d8+3) with braced autofire and Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+6 : 19 + 6, total 25

dmg if successful, half if roll above 10 3d8+3 : 2, 3, 3 + 3, total 11
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 02, 2013, 07:55 pm #2 Last Edit: Oct 03, 2013, 03:39 pm by tomcat
The quiet valley suddenly erupts with the sound of blaster fire echoing across the hillsides. The ground around Mitts and Haywire turns into a hail of bolts, dust and stones as the two clone troopers ran for cover.




:ooc: results:

Haywire takes 6 -2 (DR) = 4 damage -or- 4/81
Mitts takes 5 -2 (DR) = 3 damage -or- 3/80
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

 :ooc:Do I reroll my attack or use the failed attack from the last thread?

tomcat

:ooc: I said above that you can keep the attack from the previous thread, you will just have to precede it with a MOVE action to back away from the mountain wall to gain LOS. You are also welcome to reroll.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

Longshot watched patiently as team derecho made a stealthy approach. When the auto turrets began to fire he was more than ready. He gritted his teeth and sighted one. Hoping to draw the fire away from his sqaud mates.

:ooc:
Ranged sniper rifle* +10 (4d8+7; CT -1) with Deadeye and Debilitating Shot (requires Aim) or

Rolled 1d20+10 : 8 + 10, total 18


Damage if successful

Rolled 4d8+7 : 5, 2, 8, 1 + 7, total 23



Stefan

Hammer braced his weapon and hiself against the rock wall.  He knew the spider droids would be coming, probably followed closely by the patrols, and there was no cover for them on the rock face.  Their only choice was to climb. 

"You guys climb, I'll cover you."
LOTR Character:  Nain - Dwarf Craftmaster

Posterboy

 :ooc:Haha... I'll take the reroll I think. Thanks...

Booth followed Hammer's intuition, pushing out from the rock wall to line up a shot with the nearest turret. His finger squeezed the trigger, sending a solid bolt of laser fire screaming towards the auto-cannon. Just as quickly, Booth retreated for the cover of the rock-face once again.

:ooc:Booth is using running attack and cover fire if he can... and I'm assuming the Turret is within point-blank range. If I am mistaken, please subtract 1 from his attack and damage.

Attack nearest turret: 1d20+11 : 11 + 11, total 22

Damage if successful: 3d8+5 : 5, 2, 1 + 5, total 13

deadpool

Seeing the blaster fire lighting up the night Mitts hurried up his step, moving sideways in a futile attempt to avoid getting hit. The turrets made a dent in his armor, but a small one. He was able to locate the enemy shooting at him and Haywire and started firing his blaster carbine at it while still running towards the rest of the team.

"Come on! Shoot it down! Go! Go! Go!" he shouted at his brother.

:ooc: I'll be using Running Attack and moving in a straight line right next to Hammer. My speed is 8 squares.

Attack with blaster carbine +10 (3d8+5) with Point Blank Shot  at Auto Torret 2
Attack roll:
Rolled 1d20+10 : 5 + 10, total 15


Dmg roll:
Rolled 3d8+5 : 4, 1, 5 + 5, total 15

tomcat

:ooc: Results...

Also, remember the map squares represent 2x the normal distance, so each is 3 meters and require two movement to cover. So Deadpool, I advanced you 4 squares.

Mitts attack is not effective enough to cause any damage (15 misses against 16 REF)

Longshot hits auto-turret 1 for 23 -10 (SR) = 13 -or- 13/25 CT -2


Droideka targets Haywire and fires on him
SWIFT x 2 - aim
STANDARD
:00: DC 27 Ranged blaster rifle +13 (4d8+2) with Deadeye
Rolled 1d20+13 : 17 + 13, total 30

dmg if successful 4d8+2 : 2, 5, 6, 1 + 2, total 16
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Oct 03, 2013, 03:28 pm #10 Last Edit: Oct 03, 2013, 03:44 pm by tomcat
The multiple rounds that lanced around Haywire, some striking his armor and scoring it, was nothing he feared, but then his shoulder exploded with the pain of a new attack. The droideka sniper had tracked in on him, aimed and fired. The shot was clean and terribly effective and the clone trooper felt his arm go briefly numb. He only had moments to look and see if it was still there finding his armor black and burnt. It was death to stay in the open and he ran harder.

Against the mountain wall, Booth moved into position to fire, released a salvo and then took cover once more.






:ooc: Results

Haywire is hit by the sniper droideka for 16 -2 (DR) = 14 damage  -or- 18/81

Booth hits auto-turret 1 for 13 -5 (SR) = 8 -or- 21/25 CT -2

Just need Martel and Haywire and then I will move on to round 2

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

deadpool

 :ooc: Damn, forgot the squares weren't the right size.

Zilfallion

Grimacing in pain under his helmet as he kept moving, Haywire kept moving like he had to, headed towards the cover of the cliff and snapped off a shot at the nearest autoturret.  His left arm was starting to recover feeling unfortunately.  It was in a bit of pain, but there was nothing he could do about it at the moment, it still worked enough for him to use his rifle, and that was all he needed.

:00: DC 16 Ranged blaster rifle +10 (3d8+5) with Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+10 : 6 + 10, total 16

Dmg if hit 3d8+5 : 6, 1, 1 + 5, total 13


:ooc: Ouch, I think Haywire is gonna take a nice long rest when this mission is over.  Work off these blaster injuries. It looks like we could be in point blank range for rifles.  At least from where I'm moving.  Was tempting not to fire off the shot and just move to cover, but really need to take down some of the auto turrets for the climb ahead.

tomcat

Oct 03, 2013, 06:15 pm #13 Last Edit: Oct 03, 2013, 06:18 pm by tomcat
:ooc: Results

Haywire hits auto-turret 1 for 13 - 0 (SR) = 13 -or- 34/25 DESTROYED

Going to start round 2, but Matt feel free to post in this round as you please.





The mountain wall was almost covering them, but still their odds were looking better. Haywire's shot found the auto-turret's simple shielding system overwhelmed and his blaster bolts seared into the light metal of the dome. The electronics within were fried and the cannon fell to silence as the servos quit.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

"Concentrate fire on the sniper droid then the other turret, no use getting shot off the rock as we're climbing.  I'll worry about the spider droids," says Martel, activating his lightsabers.

:ooc: Fight defensively, redirecting or deflecting any shots that he can.