• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:51 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ingress

Started by tomcat, Sep 17, 2013, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zilfallion

:ooc: Looks like a 4 is my better of the two.  Hope that's enough given you said I needed a 3.

Callowmoryne

:ooc:
Force point
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3

Stefan

Hammer jumped out of the Arrow making sure that his ruck was still secure inside.  He had already strapped everything he'd need for the mission onto his LBE.

He then opened the storage hatch on the Arrow, pulled the Camo net and worked to cover their escape route.

Acrobatics (DC 15) -
Rolled 1d20+7 : 15 + 7, total 22

Endurance (DC18) -
Rolled 1d20+11 : 4 + 11, total 15

Stealth (DC 22) -
Rolled 1d20+17 : 17 + 17, total 34

Perception (DC 20) -
Rolled 1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19

Stefan

I'll use a force point to make the endurance check, I dont see any point in using one on the Perception since it only helps out the stealth check which I already made.

Rolled 2d6+0 : 1, 3, total 4

deadpool

:ooc: Here are my rolls

Acrobatics (DC 15)
Rolled 1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25

Endurance (DC 18)
Rolled 1d20+10 : 20 + 10, total 30

Stealth (DC 22)
Rolled 1d20+17 : 17 + 17, total 34

Perception (DC 20)
Rolled 1d20+12 : 3 + 12, total 15

deadpool

tomcat

:ooc: Not bad at all!

Okay, cool - with the Force Points spent, the net results are:

Booth - failed acrobatics, but did not effect stealth; passed endurance; failed Perception but Longshot's success helps everyone out
Martel - passed acrobatics, endurance and stealth; failed perception but Longshot's success helps everyone out
Haywire - failed acrobatics which bounces his stealth roll to 25, but Longshot's success returns it to 22; failed endurance CT -1; passed stealth with a Force Point; failed perception but Longshot's success helps everyone out
Longshot - failed acrobatics which bounces his stealth roll to 25, but his perception success returns it to 20; failed endurance CT -1; passed stealth with a Force Point; succeeded at perception gained a -5 to stealth DC
Hammer- succeeded at everything except perception, but Longshot's success helps everyone out
Mitts - succeeded at everything except perception, but Longshot's success helps everyone out

So, to sum it - Longshot and Haywire are feeling the effects of the transit, sleep deprivation and the heat. Both have a persistant CT -1 until proper 8 hours rest is acheived.

I will post more story later.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The Arrow was draped with the camo tarp and then the team moved out. It was rough going with a number of slips and tumbling rocks and stones. Each time a man went down, Derecho would hit cover and pause for five minutes to ascertain that no one or thing had heard them. The sun beat down above and even with the envirnmental comfort settings on the armor a couple of the men began to wear down. Longshot and Haywire needed to take a few breaks along the way, sucking down precious fluids as they went. Booth wondered at the team's predicament - it made no sense why they were having such a challenge.

Still, though not pretty, the ingress was successful. Along their path Haywire was able to find a number of sensor net devices that would have warned them of their position and Longshot locked in on and followed the progress of six B-1 battle droids walking a patrol. Both team members eluded the CIS defenses and led the remaining troopers into close proximity to their objective.

:ooc: I would like to know what you guys want to do at this point. You guys may be as close to the station as hill H on the map - from your right approach to left. Aryn is busy for the weekend but will be able to post on Monday. If need be, I can reply for his PC.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Doug could I use shake it off to get back to peak condition or is that only for in combat situations?

tomcat

:ooc: Shake it off is good to help ease a Recover action - costing two Swift actions instead of three. But your current condition can't be aided by a Recover, it requires 8 hours rest and the feat doesn't help with sleep.

If you take damage in combat, though, that feat will come in handy.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: well I'm alright with pushing on. This is not a place we can rest for a day. The patrols would catch us likely. And it's prob not feasible to withdraw and have to go through this again with possibly the same outcome. Thoughts?

Stefan

Sep 23, 2013, 04:50 AM #41 Last Edit: Sep 25, 2013, 04:20 AM by Stefan
 :ooc:  I dont think turning back at this point is a good idea.  I agree that it's likely that we'll end up in the same place again, or perhaps worse if we fail more checks.  We're here now and with only a couple of -1's. Let's get this done.

as for the plan, my thought is that we'd be best off going from Hill H around 3 and 4 over to Hill J then down past that outcropping with no designation, that will get us closest to the station while still having some cover. Versus just running across a wide open space to directly in front of us.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:Agreed, mission is a go for me.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Posterboy

:ooc:I think Stefan's plan sounds good, and agree that stopping to rest or go back is not in our best interest. I'm posting as such...

Booth gave his troops the signal to hold to catch their breath for a moment. "Five minute rest, troops." Moving next to Martel, Booth brought the map up again. "Commander, I suggest we move along this set of hills and outcroppings to the west, ending right underneath the seppies here." The sergeant traced the route along the map. "It's not as direct, but should provide us with better cover for our approach."

:ooc:For travel formation, I'm good with Hammer and Longshot taking point, Haywire and Mitts on rear guard, Martel and Booth in between.

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, the tests performed before brought the team in as deep as hill H - if you guys move again, you will need to test against the following Perception [Notice Targets]:

Sniper Droideka Observer Perception
:00: DC n/a Perception +21
Rolled 1d20+21 : 1 + 21, total 22