• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 04:47 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ingress

Started by tomcat, Sep 17, 2013, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

"And if wishes were banthas, we'd all be eating steak," quipped Martel.  "I'll see what I can do but the way our luck goes is that our next target is on some pleasure yacht."  And before they start in, "Ya, ya... Jedi, luck... ha ha."
- - -
"Easier than you thought, eh Booth?" commented the Jedi as they made it safely to the other side.  "Alright, let's button up and put on your game face."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

The Arrow accelerated towards the river, while at the same time a strong gust of wind carried down the river valley. The net effect was to cause the craft to be lifted as it hit the water. Like a stone skipping, the speeder dashed over the briney river the repulsors shoveing down and causing water to fountain out on either side. The speed and piloting was quite efficient and kept the Arrow from partially submerging, so the cabin was free of any moisture.

And then they were across.

Once more, Booth commenced the tediously slow drive down the winding valleys of eroded sandstone, closing on the station. Haywire watched the map; Longshot watched for patrols; and Martel felt for any disturbances in the Force. It was another hour of driving and then the sergeant brought the speeder to a halt. The risk of driving any closer and giving up Derecho's presence was becoming imminent. Though they had another couple kilometers to go, they would do better on foot.

:ooc: Okay - now we can worry about loadouts and such. I am assuming you guys do not want to park this vehicle right under the station's view and use its laser cannon as a resource, right? Rather go in with stealth? If there is a different plan let me know and I will change my narrative above.

I am setting up a skill challenge now to stealthily close the distance on the station, as well as putting a zoomin map together so you guys can plan your assault.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: How far are we now from the station?  Did we have a camo tent to hide the craft or is there natural cover that we could use to disguise/hide it?
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Sep 19, 2013, 09:27 AM #18 Last Edit: Sep 19, 2013, 03:09 PM by tomcat
:ooc: You have a camo tarp and the terrain is broken and craggy.

Map is below. Each square is 3 meters, instead of the standard 1.5, but I can't make the map big enough to get a good range of squares. So, for movements and range we'll have to work a bit on making sure we are accurate with counts.

We will consider the top of the math north and I put letters on top of the prominent hills and numbers on the smaller ones.

Here is the skill rolls needed from each PC:
Acrobatics (DC 15) - this is to climb with gear through and over the rough terrain. A failure will cause your Stealth DC roll required below to increase by 3 (Stealth penalty will be combined with any bonus from Perception).
Endurance (DC18) - this is to account for the day and a half movement in the Plinth sun, sleeping in armor, etc. A failure will cause a persistant -1 step on the Condition Track until you get proper rest.
Stealth (DC 22) - to move into range of the station unseen; if failed by any member the team is heard and will be confronted by a patrol.
Perception (DC 20) - to notice the enemy; a successful Perception test by the PC will reduce your Stealth roll DC needed by 5 to DC 17, as you are able to see the enemy and move accordingly to maintain stealth. A successful Perception roll from ANY PC in the team will reduce the Stealth DC by 3 to 19 (Perception bonuses do not stack, you get the better of the two).

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc: Here's my rolls:

Endurance roll: 1d20+11 : 9 + 11, total 20

Acrobatics roll: 1d20+8 : 1 + 8, total 9

Perception roll: 1d20+12 : 1 + 12, total 13

Stealth roll: 1d20+18 : 19 + 18, total 37

I'll try to post something later tonight... otherwise, it might not be until Monday.

GandalfOfBorg

When the Arrow came to a stop, Martel hopped out and rubbed his neck.  Talk about your poodoo assignments.  Sucking it up, he found that calm spot in his mind, sucked it up, and got his gear.

:ooc:

DC 18 Acrobatics -  1d20+13 : 10 + 13, total 23

DC 18 Endurance -  1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22

DC 25 Stealth -  1d20+8 : 12 + 8, total 20

DC 22 Perception -  1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: I had a feeling...
Force Point (Perception) to reduce Stealth DC -  1d6+0 : 3, total 3

Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:Aha! Success!
Force Point for Stealth -  1d6+0 : 3, total 3
Gwaithlim Weapons

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:I'm not gonna be the one who gets us in trouble ;)
Gwaithlim Weapons

Zilfallion

:ooc: Haywire's Rolls are incoming.
Acrobatics DC18 1d20+7 : 3 + 7, total 10

Endurance DC18 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14

Stealth DC25 1d20+17 : 2 + 17, total 19

Perception DC22 1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16

Zilfallion

:ooc: Um, I don't think force points are really going to help there...  :'(

Callowmoryne

:ooc:
  :00:
Acrobatics dc 18
Rolled 1d20+7 : 2 + 7, total 9

Endurance dc 18
Rolled 1d20+10 : 6 + 10, total 16

Stealth dc 25
Rolled 1d20+17 : 2 + 17, total 19

Perception dc 22
Rolled 1d20+12 : 10 + 12, total 22

Callowmoryne

tomcat

Sep 19, 2013, 02:50 PM #28 Last Edit: Sep 19, 2013, 03:10 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Man! That dice roller really took a crap on this series of tests! I am thinking that maybe the difficulties were too high, but the number of 1's and 2's that were rolled makes it so that I can't be sure.

I made a couple changes to my test requirements above, but I am not sure it is going to make much difference.

After my changes the analysis of the results is this:

Matt - you don't need to spend either Force Point, so I am not charging you for them.
Zil - Haywire will be CT -1, but a Force Point on his stealth roll might make a difference and keep the party unseen - you would need a 3.
John - Longshot will be CT -1, but a Force Point on his stealth roll might make a difference and keep the party unseen - you would need a 1.

Zilfallion

:ooc: If it has a decent shot I'll go for it.  Force Point away!  Best of 2d6 since we're level 8 incoming.
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7