• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 05:00 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Aftermath

Started by tomcat, Sep 14, 2013, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: Didn't we have an air pick up plan? If only everything we planned and thought about for this game was recorded somewhere....
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: LOL - very nice, Tom!

The original plan called for the Arrow to race back to the ship, which the Twi'lek would have warmed and ready, and then you guys blast off into the atmosphere. With the larger number of prisoners, you will not all fit into the Arrow... so...

1) Leave behind the people that were not expected, including the droideka and all of the gear you brought (explosives, E-web blaster, camo nets, etc).

2) Call the Aegis in for a quick pick up - we can assume Ardana has the Pilot skill.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Farok assessed the situation.

"Princess, take your sister, Abby and her farther and as many others as you can on the Arrow and head for the ship. Captain, I will move with those the Arrow can not carry and our equipment to a rendezvous spot. I am assuming you do not desire your ships profile and transponder to come up on the Imperial net. Let's move quickly, I can make several different trails out of here to keep them guessing which ways people went. The irregulars scattering will help with that, but we still must move quickly we made a lot of noise and the prison is sure to respond."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Jingo

Kaida nodded to Farok and held onto her still dazed sister as she helped Kilstara into the speeder.
"Yes Master Farok. But what of you? Where will we meet you?"

tomcat

:ooc: I like RPG's!  ;D Keep it up guys.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: Telcontar on Oct 14, 2013, 05:43 PM
Farok assessed the situation.

"Captain, I will move with those the Arrow can not carry and our equipment to a rendezvous spot. I am assuming you do not desire your ships profile and transponder to come up on the Imperial net."

"You're right about that," Caden responded. He thought of Logar and his old friend Brim, both lost on Antturus' crusade. "We paid too dearly for the remedy last time."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

:ooc: So we're going back to the Aegis with Kaida's sister and Abby's father? Maybe the ppl we rescued can pick up stormie equipment and follow Farok. Betty can go with Farok too. We'll then fly to a rendevous point and pick up everyone. Is that the plan? Just as long as Betty doesn't get left behind. She cost me a pretty penny!  ;D

tomcat

The Arrow speeder was hastily loaded with everything that it could carry, both people and equipment. The camo nets, comm scrambler, explosives, and E-web were all hastily stashed into the vehicle's cargo storage and back seat. The only room that was left was for Abby and Kaida, along with the two primary prisoners that had been sought.

Once done, Abby made a wide turn and pointed the Arrow back towards Netassa. The rest of the team watched as they sped off and now they had to think. Smoke rose from burning vehicles and scrub; bodies littered the grounds - there would be no way to hide evidence of what went on here, nor was there time to honor the dead. BIT, Caden and Farok, along with the droid, had two speeder bikes and eight remaining prisoners to get out of sight. Farok looked back east and saw no evidence of Kresh's remaining people, but they were natives and they knew how to slip back into the surrounding world.

Time was wasting. With a gentle word, Farok ordered the remaining prisoners to get moving if they wanted to live. He reminded them that the Imperials were harsh in their discipline, but the faces they gave back told the former Jedi that these people were already aware of that trait. BIT climbed aboard Kaida's former bike and said he would scout ahead, then he too was gone. Caden and Farok, started to move moments later - the wheeled form of Betty rolling behind them.

The two men crossed the bridge and then took to the country, getting off of the main road into Netassa. It was funny - now that the fighting was done, the real terror of being hunted began. They moved with the country and flora, staying low and keeping an eye ahead. Twenty minutes after their departure from the scene, a pair of TIE fighters screamed overhead and the group froze. The fast moving fighters made two passes over the ruins of the attack zone, but were at too high a speed to notice the group moving on the ground. Still, with fast movers in the air it would only mean the Empire would soon shutdown all departure options from the planet.

They were far enough away from the ambush sight - Caden made the call and gave coordinates for a dusty field that the crop had been sown. The Aegis needed to come, pick them up, and then blast from the atmosphere. He next contacted BIT and gave the coordinates.

It would not be long now...if everything had gone well with the ship.

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, taking some liberties so correct as necessary.

Farok produced a data pad and make a couple of quick taps now that Kada's sister had been transferred from his prosthetic arm. A holo image of the maps they had used to plan the raid popped up from his arm.

"The partisans have all scattered, it wont take long to confuse and double back their trails. The Imperials will take awhile to track down all the leads and hopefully our local friends will have disappeared by then and the trails will be cold. I'll gather up some equipment and those who seem the most hale and conduct a couple of moves. We will use the roads a bit to throw off the broken overland trail."

Farok tapped at the map and looked into Kada's eyes to make sure she was still paying attention.

"we will set up a false pick up here and maybe here if there is time. This spot, TAP TAP, will be the actual pick up. Give us a little bit of time to make the move. The imperials will expect the ship with the prisoners to try to leave the planet immediately. If we cant conduct a link up at this point or we are compromised we will ditch the equipment and make for the city."

Farok smiled, "There is a young war lord there that owes me a favor. If we need to Ardana can leave a note at the bar, she will know the one I mean. And we can infiltrate back to the ship or determine another drop site from there. "

The older man appraised the young rebel leader before him. "Got it? Good. Keep up on your studies if I don't see you."

With that the once Padawan put a chewed moist cigar back into his mouth motioned to several others to follow him and dashed into the wood line.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

:ooc: doug you posted while I was typing but I think my post still works.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Yes, it works fine - they mesh well together and yours lends for more roleplaying between PC's.

GandalfOfBorg

Speeding along, BIT thought about what had just transpired, what he'd just gotten himself into.  A part of him nagged at just keep riding and leave them behind but he couldn't help but think that they needed his help, too.  The fog of Order 66 still clouded his mind and that pit of shame related to the brutal assassinations he had participated in during his final mission still haunted him.  Shaking his head to clear his mind, his focus returned to his task of ensuring the safety of the people he is with now.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Posterboy

:ooc:Backposting a bit... sorry, I did not notice the updates here.

Upon seeing her father again...

As the prisoners began to file out of the truck, Abby moved quickly to scan the faces. She tried to hold down both the hope and despair that wanted desparately to overtake her tired, nerve-wracked body. Is he here? Was he safe?

And then Abby saw him, even before he turned toward her and she caught sight of his milky white eyes, she knew his frame. "Dad!" she rushed to embrace him. "Dad!" Tears of joy streamed down her face as she threw her arms around her father. "Oh, Dad! I didn't know... I hoped, but the times... they're so dark these days... I thought they had..." She choked back the words, held on instead to the life before her. "I'm so glad you're alive."

Even as she embraced her father, Abby could hear the old Jedi and the princess making plans for their retreat and escape. The tech knew the job wasn't complete yet. She looked her father over, his body betraying the bruises of abuse. She shuddered to imagine what the Empire had done to him in an effort to break his spirit. "Come with me, Dad. I'll explain everything soon, but my friends are right... We need to get out of here."

Working with Farok's plans, Abby helped her father and Kaida's sister get as comfortable as possible in the tight confines of the Arrow, while others loaded up the remaining cargo. She hoped against hope that they would not be stopped along the way by any checkpoints or dock inspections. With the time she had, she gave the Arrow a once over look at the damage it had sustained in the firefight. Her visor in place and tools in hand, the technician made some quick adjustments to bring the vehicle's performance back up. It'll have to do for now.

As the princess and Abby slid into their seats and prepared to leave, the Arkanian smiled grimly at Kaida, "You good?"

:ooc: Assuming some positive reply...

Abby accelerated the Arrow, putting some distance between them and the remains crew and prisoners. "You might want to be ready with some story about where those blaster marks came from," Abby said, nodding towards the damage the Arrow received just moments ealier. "Just sayin'..."

tomcat

Oct 23, 2013, 07:12 AM #28 Last Edit: Oct 23, 2013, 07:13 AM by tomcat
The Arrow speeder entered the space hub and quickly made its way to the docking bay in which the Aegis sat. Abby brought the craft to a halt in a cloud of kicked up dust. The engineer was pleased to see that the Loronar was untied from all moorings to the dock, running on her own power and steaming from small exhaust ports. Farok's Twi'lek concubine had done her part by having the ship spooled up and ready to launch.

But there was still much to be done. They needed to unload the passengers, gear, and then put the Arrow into the Aegis' belly via it lower cargo elevator. They climbed out of the speeder and Kaida began to usher the rescued prisoners to the landing ramp, providing as much explanation that she could in the short amount of time available to them. She thought back to the race they had just completed to the space port - that would have been a good time to explain things, but it was all a blur - everything was moving too fast.

Abby left the Arrow's engine running as she pulled gear from its storage compartment. Her eyes wandered to the open area outside each of the bays and she could see activity. Pilots, mechs, and other personnel were gathered and seemed to be in deep discussions across the port.

A TIE fighter screamed overhead, of a sudden, and her blood went to ice.

On his speeder bike, BIT scouted before the group of people on foot. In the distance he saw a pair of Imperial fighters race across the horizon. He was not worried. At their velocity, the TIE fighter pilots would not be able to discern much from the clutter of the fast-moving ground below. So far nothing. The path back to the space port was still clear. The soldier in him evaluated the situation from the Imperial's perspective - something had happened along a route into the city. There were some explosions. The Imperial command was still trying to put together what happened, let alone looking for anyone. But that would come soon. What BIT feared the most was the closing of the planet to any departures or arrivals - that would be trouble.

A ways behind him, Caden and Farok were fearing the same. They were in a clear field where his ship could easily land and pick them up. Caden sent the coordinates.

:ooc: If Caden and Farok want to push for the space port instead of the hasty pick up, that is fine but we will have to make some rolls. As it is right now, there will need to be rolls for the pick up in the field, but I want to get some more narrative/dialogue (RP'ing) from you guys.

sdrotar

"I don't want to raise any flags, but I want out of this system before they close it," Caden said. "I'm calling for her to set down; the next TIE patrol will hopefully arrive after we're long gone."
He looked to Farok to see if he disagreed; the man was crusty, but that's exactly what Caden liked about him.
"We'll be quick."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun