• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 23, 2024, 02:56 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

EPISODE 1: Operation Dark Sunset

Started by tomcat, Aug 29, 2013, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

Sep 02, 2013, 11:58 AM #15 Last Edit: Sep 02, 2013, 04:26 PM by Posterboy
 :ooc:Booth's bonus to pilot is actually +18, not +15.... so the checks are actually 27, 37, 34. Not that it really matters if the DC was 15.  ;D

Posterboy

Sep 02, 2013, 12:04 PM #16 Last Edit: Sep 02, 2013, 06:44 PM by Posterboy
 :ooc:Doug, let me revise what I said above regarding rolling. I'd say, use your DM/Storytelling discretion. If you've got the time to write up a post and all you need is a perception roll from someone, I'd say roll it and push on. If you're thinking a lot of us need to roll and you don't have the time to post up everything anyway, let us do the rolling. I think there is some joy in rolling your own dice, but in the realm of online gaming, where games can easily get bogged down, I say roll the dice to keep the story moving.

Zilfallion

Use Computer Check 1d10+16 : 9 + 16, total 25

Use Computer Check 1d10+16 : 10 + 16, total 26

Knowledge(Life Sciences 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26

:ooc: Let's see, Use Computer Check I could do in my sleep(If sleeping was a -5 penalty to checks and I rolled a nat 1)  Bringing up maps is easy, navigating is obviously really hard.

As for the matter of how much rolling, I'd say keeping the flow of an RP is more important than a single perception check or something.  For combat, we'll obviously be rolling most things ourselves.  So, I agree with Posterboy's most recent post.  Use your own discretion if you just need a check real quick to keep a scene going or anything.  Unless anyone has any objections?

deadpool

Callowmoryne

:00:
Rolled 1d20+10 : 20 + 10, total 30

Rolled 1d20+10 : 12 + 10, total 22

Stefan

Hammer had gotten his gear ready quickly moved out of the pod as soon as it landed to set up a perimiter while his brothers got the speeder out and prepared to move.  He ignored the message from the brass, Sarg would tell him if it was something he needed to know, and kept an eye out for the predators and droids that might be lurking.

Once everyone else was on board he picked up Marge and jumped into one of the back seats.

I agree with stealth. It would be better to conserve our ammo and avoid them calling for reiforcements till after we've accomplished our mission.

Hammer has everything he needs.  If it can't be fixed with firepower it's probably not worth fixing.

GandalfOfBorg

As they speed off, "Oh and boys, keep an eye out for some big creatures called paloo-beasts.  They can put a serious crimp in our plans to be on-time."

"They could come in handy providing a distraction or cover, too," he muttered to Booth.

:ooc:
Slow approach. Dice rolling, go with the flow, rolling is not a big deal.

User the Force (Sense Your Feelings) #1 1d20+12 : 17 + 12, total 29

User the Force (Sense Your Feelings) #2 1d20+12 : 6 + 12, total 18

User the Force (Sense Your Feelings) #3 1d20+12 : 12 + 12, total 24

Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: I will fill this thread in later tonight or tomorrow with your results - but I want to attach the two maps of the region.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc:LOVE this new maps!! Thanks!  :tup:

Zilfallion

Sep 04, 2013, 07:47 PM #24 Last Edit: Sep 04, 2013, 07:49 PM by Zilfallion
:ooc: New maps are good, great for being able to pick out a route.  I'm thinking we hide the arrow a few klicks out, then approach alongside the bottom of that ridgeline that leads right up next to the building.  Against the cliff we'll stick out a LOT less than if we try an open ground approach.  Plenty of cover to hide the arrow.  The problem will be if we happen to need to make a quick escape it'll be a bit of a trek back to it with potentially faster enemies.  We do need to think about our extraction as well.

If the power generator goes critical from the destruction of the cooling systems, how big of a blast radius are we talking?

Stefan

If we have decent cover for it and the ravine to deflect the sound we could probably get as close to 1500m depending on how loud it is.  Most people couldnt hear a car from that range and it would be a lot easier to run and gun.  Another thought is that we could leave someone with the arrow to come get us if things hit the fan.  Though it would be kind of a boring job.

tomcat

It became a concerted effort to cross the wide grasslands of Plinth. After the team had set off, Longshot was the first to see them although Martel had felt them. Like a huge shadow on the land, a herd of the indigenous mammals were slowly moving south in the direction the Arrow traveled.

The Jedi kept in tune with the animals to know the direction that they might turn and guided Booth. In the back seat, Haywire had brought up the planetary regional maps and was reading the landscape to position them to their target. It was like a dance. Booth turned the speeder due south to run parallel with the palloo-beasts while Martel tried to influence the animals with gentle nudges in the Force and Haywire tried to keep them on track. They had no intention of making a straight shot for the facility, but the herd was not going to make the trip shorter. That was when Longshot saw the flash.

It was the flash of a blaster rifle and the sun off of something metallic. He brought up his electrobinoculars and saw another landspeeder racing alongside the herd of the palloo-beasts, a rifleman sitting atop the back and occassionally firing and dropping an animal.

"Hunters," the clone trooper thought.

The new guests were creating a problem as their speed and blaster fire was causing the herd to stir - already the animals in close proximity to the hunters were beginning to move at a quicker pace. It had a domino effect and was bringing the rest of the herd to a panic. What was worse, the Arrow was in their direct line. There was also the problem that might be created if the hunters saw them.

Team Derecho were not in the stark white armor of their brothers. They wore the elite armor of the Advanced Recon Commando. It was a special trooper armor with a matte black coating that enhanced their ability to go unseen, even in the light of day - of course, that was not the case for the Arrow. Booth began to react as the herd of palloos zig-zagged in front of him. He did not want to get caught in the middle of the mass. In the turret of the speeder, Longshot grabbed the grip on the laser cannon wondering what he needed to do about the oncoming hunters.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

deadpool

:ooc:Question: the vehicle we're in is strictly/clearly military or could someone think it's just another group of hunters or something like that?

Callowmoryne

If it was his call he'd unload on the herd. Try to change their direction away from Dsquad with some straiffing fire. He'd probably go for taking out the hunters as well at the risk of being spotted by them. No loose ends he thought. But it wasn't his call. He followed orders unless told to use his own judgement. "Hey sarge, you want me to handle this problem?"

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Don't have my book on me at the moment but can I attempt to influence the beasts with a Use the Force check?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16