• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:22 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ambush - round 5

Started by tomcat, Aug 11, 2013, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 11, 2013, 04:11 PM Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013, 05:15 PM by tomcat
Music to read and post to!

Situation: PC's engage a speeder truck column in an attempt to rescue Kaida's sister - this is a SURPRISE round, PC have free attack.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Darkness - PC's suffer a -5 to Perception checks and a -2 to combat unless equipped with low-light gear
  • Anyone who has LOS to Kaida (or any of the leaders) gets +1 To Hit this entire encounter due to Born Leader talent
  • Farok has an additional +20 hit points for the duration of this encounter - all damage come from these hit points first.

Abby - 0/77
BIT - 17/85
Caden - 0/79
Farok - 5/90
Kaida - 19/79
Sam - 0/94
Arrow - 38/120 CT-1
Droideka - 0/40
Speeder bikes 1 - 0/40
Speeder bikes 2 - 0/40
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Team leader 2 - 0/21
Team leader 3 - 0/21
Rebels 15 - 0/13
Rebels 16 - 0/13
Rebels 17 - 0/13
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Stormtrooper commander - 39/71
Stormtrooper lieutenant 2 - 25/61
Stormtrooper lieutenant 3 - 18/61
Trooper 19 11/18 CT -1
  |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
X-34 1 - DESTROYED
X-34 2 - DISABLED
Speeder truck 1 - 32/100
Speeder truck 2 - 41/100 IMMOBILE
Speeder bikes 1 - DESTROYED
Speeder bikes 2 - DESTROYED

Consumption:

PC*Primary  |  Secondary  |  Misc
Abbyblaster pistol 0/100  |  stun grenades 0/2
BITsniper blaster rifle 0/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 0/200  |  jetpack 0/10
Cadenhvy blaster pistol 0/200  |  blaster carbine 0/150
Faroklightsaber n/a  |  blaster pistol 0/100
Kaidablaster carbine 0/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  |  jet pack 0/10
Samblaster carbine 0/150  |  PLX-2m missile launcher 1/18
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Available Equipment (not on PC's):
3 Detonite
2 Manual Trigger
3 Medpacs
Grenades for Launcher on Arrow
+Frag Grenades (x5)
+Concussion Grenades (x5)

Initiative:
Kaida (+12) 32
BIT (+12) 31
Farok (+5) 21
Stormtroopers (+11) 18
Sam (+13) 16
Betty (+9) 14
Stormtrooper Commanders (+7) 14
Abby (+8) 13
Caden (+6) 10
Kresh and his people 10
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Still silent and hidden, BIT sees the remaining transport angling away.  He knows the remaining troopers will easily find him if he stays put.  Not about to let either happen, he kicks in his jetpack and speeds off, just making it onto the back roof of the vehicle (if not the roof of the cab).

:ooc: If this isn't possible, let me know, but I think BIT can do it with double movement with the jetpack.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

:ooc: ok, I need to know where Bit ends up before I post my move.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: BIT could jet onto the top of the truck with a double movement.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc:he is ahead of me in initiative so since we cant communicate and make a plan I am going to wait and see where he ends up because it affects my actions.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: would it be on the body of the truck or can he make it to the cab?
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

:ooc: Wherever you want to be, Matt.

Posterboy

:ooc:Can Abby do something to get rid of what's blocking the bridge so that she can cross over with the Arrow? Or SAM? For instance, could Abby gentle push the other speeder out of her way with the Arrow? Or could SAM blow it out of the way with a missile or two?

Jingo

The idiot Imperial troopers were either too stupid or too proud to surrender, but she didn't think it was the former. The killing apparently wasn't done then. With a whine of her engines, Kaida revved the bike and with a jolt took the speeder bike in a large arc arc near the truck, weaving in front of it and around other troopers, she shot back towards Betty, and the troopers grouped there. As she shot past the troopers, she dropped another grenade.

:ooc:
Move: Pilots the bike around the truck and towards the troopers grouped by Betty (15, 19, and SO3).
Standard: Drops a grenade to try and hit all three of them.
Swift: Inspire haste on BIT (Inspire Haste [as a Swift action, can inspire haste which allows target to make a Standard action for their Move action on their next turn - Core p.44])

Grenade Toss 1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20

Damage 4d6+4 : 2, 3, 1, 1 + 4, total 11

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Ok, he'll be on the cab.
Gwaithlim Weapons

Telcontar

Farok watched the sniper jet pack out of his hide site and propel himself towards the escaping truck. Confident now that the truck wasnt getting away without the attention of at least one of his companions he could focus on the storm trooper in front of him.

The somewhat battle soiled, but still white armor of the storm trooper now had his full attention. A momentary flash of anger welled up in him. All the memories of the Clone Wars, and the Jedi hunt afterwards flashed before him. The emotion built up steam and his grip tightened around his light saber. Here before him was a symbol of that Empire that was the cause of misery and pain, both personal and galactic. The ease in which Farok could cut the man down and assuage that anguish at least just a little was standing before him.

In the nano seconds that this thought appeared in his mind another took its place. The bloody scene that he could bring to reality before him was instead filled with the image of Ardana, his dear Masaaraq. Her quiet bearing and peaceful nature reassured him and drained the wrath from his mind. He could not kill this man. This particular man was playing a greater roll in his destiny than appeared on the surface.

:ooc: farok will attempt to use move object to blast this man away from him.

"Today is not your day."

Rolled 1d20+12 : 13 + 12, total 25

Dmg if successful,
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Telcontar

Aug 14, 2013, 06:33 AM #11 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2013, 06:35 AM by Telcontar
 :ooc: i think he needs to make a Willsave vs DC 25 to resist. I do not wish to do 6d6 damage just blast the dude out of the engagement.

If this works Farok will move towards the truck.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Posterboy

Aug 14, 2013, 07:29 AM #12 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2013, 07:36 AM by Posterboy
 :ooc:Not sure how many squares you can move him, but it would be a cool scene if your "move object" threw him into the river.  :tup:

edit: nvm... move object is only 6 squares... bouncing him off the broken down truck would have a nice effect, I suppose.

Telcontar

:ooc:since dc 25 is for huge objects, if he fails his save I'm guessng a far ass way. Bath time Impy.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

Aug 14, 2013, 05:28 PM #14 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2013, 05:35 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Posterboy on Aug 13, 2013, 02:17 PM
:ooc:Can Abby do something to get rid of what's blocking the bridge so that she can cross over with the Arrow? Or SAM? For instance, could Abby gentle push the other speeder out of her way with the Arrow? Or could SAM blow it out of the way with a missile or two?

:ooc: Yea, I will allow it. It will reduce the Arrow's speed by 4 and it will cause damage of 2d20 to push through - DR will reduce the damage caused.

More to follow in a bit - to be safe though, it might happen tomorrow if I all asleep.  ;)