• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:45 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ambush - round 3

Started by tomcat, Jun 23, 2013, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc:

SO2 hits the Arrow for 19 -5 (DR) = 14 damage or 47/120

Just need Abby and Caden - will do Kresh's people shortly.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

:ooc: I want to hold Abby's attack until after Kresh's troops attack. See if they manage to take out the commander.

I'm away starting on Saturday until the 22nd with limited to no internet connection. In order to move the story along, if need be, Abby will:

1) Look to shoot the commander if Kresh's troops have not taken him out yet. If, due to his positioning after his run, Abby has a shot at an autofire to hit more than just the commander, she'll go for that.

2) If the commander is down, she'll be looking to target troopers that are making their way across the bridge towards Kresh's troops with an autofire option. If she can't hit more than one trooper because they aren't bunched up close enough, skip to option 3.

3) She'll return fire on SO2. He's not allowed to shoot Abby's precious Arrow and live!  :x

If I need to spend a force point in order to hit, I will.

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Jul 11, 2013, 10:29 AM
Betty
MOVE - moves to take a better firing position, even though it is slow on its three legs
STANDARD - autofire cannon at trooper 24
:00: DC 19 Ranged (standard) laser cannon +9 (5d8+1) with Burst Fire and Point Blank
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 3 + 9, total 12
This dice roll has been tampered with!
dmg if succesful 5d8+1 : 7, 1, 8, 5, 1 + 1, total 23

I know Betty missed, but Auto Fire weapon gives 1/2 damage... unless they have evasion right? Maybe?

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Jingo, I am actually waiting on an answer for that question on the SWSE forums. I was thinking it might, but then because it is autofire that is being concentrated and doing the extra damage I swung to no. Anyway, if I get an semi-official clarification from all the SAGA gurus over there, I will change the results accordingly.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The remainder of Kresh's people, unaware that their leader had fallen, began to advance on the bridge. The mission was to free some people, but it had devolved into a conflict across a river with only a narrow crossing to allow an approach. If they did not get to the other side, then it would devolve more into an attrition of forces - one which the Empire would definitely not lose. Soon, the Stormtroopers would find the comm scrambler and then reinforcements and then it would be over.

Time was running out.

They could see that the mass of fire had stopped on the other side of the span, which meant their people were being destroyed. Perhaps it would be best to run and disappear into the countryside. The thought began to cross more than one mind of the hired soldiers.

:ooc: more to come - I have to get my daughter to bed.

tomcat

Quote from: Jingo on Jul 11, 2013, 04:05 PMI know Betty missed, but Auto Fire weapon gives 1/2 damage... unless they have evasion right? Maybe?

:ooc: Okay, after talking back and forth with one of the Rules Gurus on SWSE WotC forums board since there is no RAW clarification, I am calling it a miss. Here is the reasoning:

Quote from: StevenOWhile I know it's considered a form of autofire using Burst Fire is not an Area of Effect so if it misses then it misses.

While this may not be a good "rules based" explaination consider the implications if it did.  Now instead of striking an area (which may potentially have allies in it) by using autofire normally you can focus it down to a single character using less ammo but dealing more damage if it hits.  Of course if you only deal "half" damage against the one target you actually want to hit it really isn't that much less than if you had just used autofire normally except that you only used half as much damage.  Although half damage may also cut the other damage modifiers note that a 3d8 blaster using autofire on a near miss deals half that much but if burst fire's 5d8 damage still did half that much on a miss the average (11.25) isn't much lower than a NORMAL hit (13.5) using autofire and far more (6.75) than a normal near miss.

There is a feat that will let you use autofire as an area attack against a single square.

sdrotar

Caden will keep the hammer down on the speeder, flying as quickly as he can to make strafing runs on personnel.
He'll start with SC1 in front of him, then wheel around at maximum speed in front of the vehicle and flank the group attacking Farok and Kaida.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

:ooc: does that move us up to round4?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

:ooc: Can Betty do more than one attack per turn? I thought those droids could really lay it out with a lesser modifier to their attack (rapid fire option or something? Sorry I don't have the book in front of me). Mow them down Betty!  :]

tomcat

:ooc: I will get round 4 set up here after this post... or series of posts.

Betty can fire with two cannons via its Dual Weapon Mastery II, but it requires a Full Round action to do that and the droid had to move into position to fire on more enemies. The trees were in its way.

Caden
STANDARD - fires on SC1
MOVE - takes speeder bike around front vehicle
:00: DC 21 Ranged blaster carbine +7 (4d8+5) with Rapid Shot and Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+7 : 9 + 7, total 16

dmg if successful 4d8+5 : 4, 2, 7, 8 + 5, total 26

Rebels
SWIFT - switch to auto
STANDARD - fire on troopers on river bank
:00: DC 19 (or 21) Ranged blaster rifle +4 (3d8+1, 2x2 square) with autofire and Point Blank
TL2 fires on SO2 1d20+6 : 19 + 6, total 25

TL2 dmg if successful, 1/2 if over 10 3d8+4 : 2, 2, 4 + 4, total 12

16 fires on 10 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24

16 dmg if successful, 1/2 if over 10 3d8+1 : 6, 2, 1 + 1, total 10

17 fires on 9 1d20+4 : 18 + 4, total 22

17 dmg if successful, 1/2 if over 10 3d8+1 : 6, 3, 1 + 1, total 11

15 fires on 6 1d20+4 : 17 + 4, total 21

15 dmg if successful, 1/2 if over 10 3d8+1 : 4, 4, 1 + 1, total 10

TL3 fires on 9 1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14

TL3 dmg if successful, 1/2 if over 10 3d8+4 : 6, 7, 2 + 4, total 19

TL1 fires on SO3 1d20+6 : 6 + 6, total 12

TL1 dmg if successful, 1/2 if over 10 3d8+4 : 3, 3, 4 + 4, total 14

tomcat

:ooc: Results

Caden misses
TL2 hits SO2 for 12
16 crits on 10 and kills him with 20 damage
17 hits 9 for 11
15 fires on 6 for 10 and kills him
TL3 does half damage to 9 which is still a kill
TL1 does half damage to SO3 for 7

Abby
SWIFT - changes to autofire
STANDARD - ranges across river and targets the area around 21 and 23
:00: DC 19 Ranged laser cannon +10 +1 PBS +1 Veh Int mod -5 proficiency -5 autofire (4d10+4) with autofire and PBS
Rolled 1d20+3 : 13 + 3, total 16

dmg if successful, 1/2 if over 10 4d10+4 : 1, 7, 2, 3 + 4, total 17

tomcat

:ooc: Results

21 and 23 take 8 damage each