• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:22 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ambush - round 3

Started by tomcat, Jun 23, 2013, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posterboy

:ooc: Yes, Abby's original idea was to swing the Arrow north to take out the speeder bike and make a wide clockwise circle so that she ended up with the Arrow near the SE side of the bridge, pointing west, trying to get clear shots for the SC1, the X-34, and that bunched up group of stormtroopers.

Abby's plan of attack kind depends on everyone else. I think her order of preference in targets are:

1) the X-34... but it looks like Kaida took care of it. (Because she exceeded the DR and the total about of hit points remaining on the vehicle, do the occupants of the vehicle take the rest of the damage?) Also, because of the damage it sustained, does the gunner turret still work? If it does, and if BIT doesn't kill the gunner, than Abby will target the X-34, specifically the turret.

2) the stormtroopers... but take depends on Farok and SAM and pretty much everyone else. Abby will look to autofire a couple of them (full damage if she hits their REF defense, half if she misses?) But if Farok, SAM, Caden and Kresh's men take care of most of these troops, then we'll see.

3) SC1... I'm mixed here. I want to have him alive to question him, but I don't want to keep him alive afterwards for him to describe us to someone else (but I think Abby would have trouble killing a surrendered foe)... anyway, regardless, one hit from the Arrow won't kill him. I'm hoping Kresh's men on my side will take care of him this round. However, if he looks to run back to his remaining troops, he moves up to the highest priority. Abby will most definitely target him.

Jingo

:ooc: Scott, regarding SC1, I'm against killing POWs too. But if we get a chance to capture him, we should take it. Kaida is helmeted anyway, so her features aren't visible right now. We could then give him to the rebels on Salliche for safe keeping (assuming we have any left to give him too...). Or take him with us for somewhere more secure? Maybe to someone like Organa.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: LOL didn't realize it was a 1 I rolled, just leave the miss
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Farok looked at the chaos around him - the one truck had disgorged its load of troopers and then received a collision by the out of control speeder bike. There were no screams coming from within the burning vehicle and so he assumed that save for the cabin, therear compartment was empty.

That left the forward truck... and their goal. The prisoners had to be within and it was his job to get the thing open. Farok knew time was beginning to stretch and even though no one could get a message out, someone was bound to see and hear the engagement. He had to hurry.

The former jedi quickly moved to engage the trooper in his way and then to open the containment truck's back hatch.

:ooc: I see Tom showing up here, but he is not posting so I am going to make his actions.

Farok

MOVE - to engage trooper 25
STANDARD - attack trooper 25
:00: DC 19 Melee lightsaber +10 (2d8+5)
Rolled 1d20+10 : 18 + 10, total 28

[roll][dmg if successful}2d8+5[/roll]
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I messed up his coding on damage, so here  it is:

Rolled 2d8+5 : 6, 1 + 5, total 12
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: I can now post troopers, Sam, Betty and the stormtrooper commanders but it is going to have to wait until morning - I can barely keep my eyes open.

Telcontar

:ooc: thanks Doug. I got home and was catching up on reading. i'll be ready for the next round.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: No problem, Tom. I will get this round finished so you guys can get some more actions in.

Kaida's speeder bike's cannon splashed a burst of fire across the SoroSuub speeder that tore into the vehicle's engine plating. The heat seared the already labored motor and it blew out causing the speeder to fall to the ground with a heavy thud. The troopers inside began to scramble as the thing belched smoke, trying to clear it so as not to be caught in an explosion.

Troopers attack:

MOVE - see map to see where they have been re-positioned
SWIFT - some troopers may switch to/from autofire
STANDARD - ranged attacks
:00: DC given below Ranged blaster rifle +9 (3d8+1) with Point Blank or
Ranged blaster rifle +4 (3d8+1, 2x2 square) with autofire and Point Blank

trpr 21 fires on Kresh DC17 1d20+9 : 16 + 9, total 25

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 3, 2, 5 + 1, total 11

trpr 23 fires on Kresh DC17 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 2, 7, 6 + 1, total 16

trpr 22 fires on rebel 10 DC16 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 4, 5, 8 + 1, total 18

trpr 20 fires on rebel 10 DC16 1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 1, 2, 8 + 1, total 12

trpr 16 fires on Kaida DC24 1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 6, 2, 5 + 1, total 14

trpr 17 fires on Kaida DC24 1d20+9 : 4 + 9, total 13

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 7, 5, 8 + 1, total 21

trpr 18 fires on Farok DC22 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 1, 8, 2 + 1, total 12

trpr 25 fires on Farok DC22 1d20+8 : 9 + 8, total 17

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 4, 5, 2 + 1, total 12

trpr 8 fires on Caden DC24 1d20+9 : 8 + 9, total 17

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 3, 7, 6 + 1, total 17

trpr 9 fires on Caden DC24 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 4, 1, 1 + 1, total 7

trpr 15 fires on TL1 DC17 1d20+9 : 4 + 9, total 13

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 5, 4, 6 + 1, total 16

trpr 19 fires on TL1 DC17 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 5, 5, 8 + 1, total 19

trpr 24 fires on rebel 5 DC16 1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29

dmg if successful 3d8+1 : 3, 8, 5 + 1, total 17

trpr 10 autofires on Arrow DC21 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5

dmg if successful, half if roll is at least 10 3d8+1 : 2, 1, 7 + 1, total 11

trpr 6 autofires on Arrow DC21 1d20+3 : 1 + 3, total 4

dmg if successful, half if roll is at least 10 3d8+1 : 6, 2, 2 + 1, total 11

tomcat

:ooc: Results:

Kresh, rebels 5 and 10 are slain.

Rebel TL1 takes 19 damage

Kaida, Caden and the Arrow are missed

Farok is hit, but may Deflect - otherwise he takes 12 damage:
:00: DC 22 Use the Force +12
Rolled 1d20+12 : 20 + 12, total 32

tomcat

:ooc: Farok is VERY successful.

I will roll Betty, Sam, and the trooper commanders in a bit... gotta help the wife.

Telcontar

:ooc: booya!!! I love when Tomcat rolls for me because the dice roller doesnt know its a player!!!

Farok spared a moment to look around. He had been on many raids in the desert. Some good, some bad. As it stood right now this one wasnt looking good. Farok also doubted that there would be anyone left for the Imperials to intergate once they got off the planet. Farok reached into a pocket and calmly grabed a half burnt cherroot, when without thinking his other hand swung his blade in an arc to deflect incoming fire. Having two arms again was glorious.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Glad you like the roll, Tom. I like your narrative that you added!

I will get this round done tomorrow. Been busy here since the 4th of July - three cookouts and my son's 9th birthday party. It should be quieting down for a while until next week, then we are off to Florida.

Anyway, the game will continue... just have to give me a chance to finally catch up on some sleep. I mean, it's only 1:30AM here right now.  ;)

tomcat

The two droids in the group began to target their next opponents. Betty, her shields sparkling as they brushed through the ground scrub moved to a better firing position and opened up on the new line of troopers. Across the river, Sam hoisted the missile launcher once more and put the electronic reticule where he wanted the missile to go. He knew the prisoners were trapped in the forward truck - they had to be - and for all intents and purposes, the forward truck was still fully active. He had to make sure it didn't carry the prisoners away.

Sam fired.

Betty
MOVE - moves to take a better firing position, even though it is slow on its three legs
STANDARD - autofire cannon at trooper 24
:00: DC 19 Ranged (standard) laser cannon +9 (5d8+1) with Burst Fire and Point Blank
Rolled 1d20+9 : 3 + 9, total 12

dmg if succesful 5d8+1 : 7, 1, 8, 5, 1 + 1, total 23

Sam
STANDARD - fire missile at forward truck
:00: DC 13 ff Ranged PLX-2M +12 (8d6+5) with Point blank shot
Rolled 1d20+12 : 3 + 12, total 15

dmg if successful 8d6+5 : 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 1 + 5, total 45

tomcat

:ooc: SWEET! 5 6's out of 8 dice rolled!

Betty missess

Sam hits for 45 - 15 (DR) = 30 damage or 32/100

tomcat

The Stormtrooper Commander lay close to his burning command speeder - his once white armor was now smudged black in places from the oily smoke. The PLX-2M concussion missile screeched over his head and he tracked it into the forward cab of the truck. The heat from the explosion, along with the pressure wave, could be felt even where he lay. Once more he tried to transmit, but it was still futile. Somewhere there was a scrambler that was pumping static into all wavelength spectrums and he didn't have time to try and clean it up. He only hoped that the smoke and noise would be heard by someone soon.

It was clear that the attackers wanted the prisoners. His vehicles were all out of commission save for the two trucks, and even now the ambushers were trying to disable them. The Commander could see his lines were still holding tight having organized after the initial attack, but he couldn't count on that for long. If he was to declare any victory here, it would have to come from the prisoners being driven away - back towards the Imperial facility.

Unable to message his men, the Trooper Commander stood and ran for the forward truck. The goal was to get the vehicle out of this mess.

In the rear truck, the Stormtrooper Officer who still sat within the cab could see the forward truck being attacked. He, too, came to the conclusion that the prisoner van was the intended target and he needed to make sure it was not taken by these rebels. His own truck now empty of its platoon, he quickly climbed into the driver's seat and gunned the engine. The truck lurched and whined - its frame having been damaged by the speeder bike that slammed into not long ago. It lurched again, but did not move. The Officer slammed his hands on the wheel and then reached once more for his carbine.

SC1
FULL ROUND ACTION - Run

SO2
MOVE - gets away from disable SoroSuub
STANDARD - burst fires on Arrow
:00: DC 21 Ranged blaster carbine +6 (5d8+4) with Burst Fire and Point Blank
Rolled 1d20+6 : 17 + 6, total 23

dmg if successful 5d8+4 : 7, 3, 3, 1, 1 + 4, total 19

SO3
SWIFT - switches to driver's seat
MOVE - fails to pull the truck forward
MOVE - disembarks the truck.