• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:29 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Your plan?

Started by tomcat, Jan 25, 2005, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Fengel looked to Dirnhael with agreement on his face but not completely understanding, in his hand sat Cerduil. What else would he need?

"I am with you Dirnhael, but what purpose is the alternate weapon from the wagon?"

Not waiting for any answer, Fengel still followed behind the Dunadan.

"What do you think it is, Dirnhael... that did this?" asked Fengel as he tagged along.

:arrow:
OOC: I need everyone to make me a Willpower reaction test based on the following casting, remember to include all penalty modifiers for your character from wounds and weariness:
Willpower +6, Strong-willed +6
Roll(2d6)+12: 4,3,+12 Total:19

Fengel's Willpower Test TN 19
Willpower +2
Roll(2d6)+2: 5,1,+2 Total:8 FAILED
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

Daelhun smirked, they had listend and hopefully they would soon be away from this disturbed place.  His stomach still turned and the feeling of uneasiness seemed to only worsen.

Willpower +1, Winded -1
Willpower: Roll(2d6)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:5 Failed

Lunduf

Follows behind with Dirnhael and Fengel listening on to their conversation then feels suddenly sick to his stomach.

Willpower +1, Hardness of Mind +2
Willpower: Roll(2d6)+3 1,5,+3 Total:9 Fail

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat
OOC: I need everyone to make me a Willpower reaction test based on the following casting, remember to include all penalty modifiers for your character from wounds and weariness:
Willpower +6, Strong-willed +6
Roll(2d6)+12: 4,3,+12 Total:19

"This accursed land," spoke Dirnhael under his breath.
"I fear we have stumbled into a trap set by the spawn of Ungoliant."

Hefting the beautifully crafted Dwarven weapon he held, he said, "I suspect that our path may be blocked. These fine axes will serve us well to clear the way."

:arrow: Willpower +2
Roll(2d6)+2:5,6,+2 Total:13 - FAIL

Suddenly, Dirnhael felt his stomach heave, and saw the same happen to his friends. "We must make haste, before we are overcome!"
He shouts for their new companion yet again.
"Nain! Get out of there!"

OOC: Honestly, guys - I'm just hoping the axes grant some sort of bonus or something. I'm grasping at straws, but I figure that we can just drop them if they prove to be no help. Better safe than sorry, right? ;)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Wiseman

Daelhun fought back the urge to lose the contents of his stomach in front of his comrades.  He held back the feeling and unsheated the sword that hung at his hip.

Stefan

As he reached the bottom of the pit his courage wavered and his stomach nearly lost it's contents.  He heard the human's calling to him to leave this place but the thought of leaving his brother to whatever evil lurked below drove him on.  He jumped down into the bottom of the pit and picked up the helm that his brother had been wearing, looking for any clue as to why it was no longer on his head.

Willpower
+ 1 Willpower; +2 Hardiness of Mind
Roll 5, 4+3 = 12 Failed

GandalfOfBorg

TN 19 Willpower - (6+5)+2-1=12 FAIL
OOC: Sooo close....

Durgil grabs for a longsword and straps it on if there are any and beats a retreat just behind Dirnhael, keeping his bow out with arrow at the ready.  "What is that damn fool of a dwarf doing?!!"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

OOC: Hey Chris, I wanted to move on the story so I am going to roll your Willpower test so that I can add another post. Feel free to roll yourself and take the better of two, but I want to get the stuff outta my head.

Edrahil Willpower Test TN 19
Willpower +7, Injured -3, Winded -1, The Art +2
Roll(2d6)+5: 4,6,+5 Total:15 FAILED*

*only one Courage so I am not going to waste it.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Company ran from the area leaving behind the dwarf they knew as Nain, in the bottom of the forsaken pit. Each of those capable had taken up one of the weapons from the wagon as their leader had dictated.

They ran through broken ruins, jumped over tumbled stone, and pushed through ice-covered trees whose limbs hung low with the weight, heading back towards the hill where stood their horses and comrades.

Dirnhael lifted himself up over a stone wall, and began to walk about a ruined foundation and then was overcome again by a stench. Before him yawned the great pit that Nain had gone down into. But how!?! The Dunadan looked over his shoulder, as did the rest of his freinds, and behind them stood the low lying hill that was their destination.

"What the...?" Dirnhael mumbled out loud.

They again turned back in the direction that they had gone and ran for what seemed a great distance, through the broken ruin, only to return once again to the pit. They stood looking at it quite astonished, when Fengel yelled out.

"Look!" The Eothraim pointed to a high broken wall and upon it clung a large spider roughly the size of a large dog or small pony. Its small forward legs rubbing together over the great fangs that were plainly visible. The Company could not be sure but they thought they heard laughter.

Deciding on a different route, Dirnhael led them off towards the fields that used to grow rich with food for these towns, it was in an opposite direction but certainly could not be mistaken and thus lead them back to whence they started. And so they continued to run and crossed the field unmolested and entered the south-western ruin that sat on its low-lying hill. They moved quickly through the broken town and then stopped. Before them sat the empty wagon of Nain and his brother and behind them could be smelled the vile pit!

"How can this be!" yelled Fengel.

It was Edrhil that offered an answer... "We have been ensorcelled, it would seem. It appears that we are not permitted to leave."

Fengel looked about for the spider they had seen or any other that may have come and saw nothing. Where had it gone to? Suddenly, they heard the shout of a dwarf - muffled and coming from under the earth.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Nain had looked into the darkness with a little bit of apprehension, but his brother was in there! Or was he? Well there was but one way to find out.

The dwarf turned quickly back to the slope and climbed himself out of the hole. He would need light. Topside, he saw that the new 'friends' he had made were sprinting away into the distance... and with some of his weapons! Well that would be remedied very shortly! First, though he needed to see about his kin. He went to the wagon and climbed into the back uncovering a small chest. Within were his tools of the trade as well as some other things he kept on hand - a small flint and steel. He grabbed that and then reached behind the chest, under the canvas, and pulled forth a Dwarven lantern. He set about fueling it and getting it lit.

While he did this, he heard the crashing of the men back into the area.

"What were they doing?" he thought. He would get his weapons back, "Be assured of that!" he mumbled out loud.

He climbed out of the wagon and returned to the pit. It smelled horrifically and he hesitated, was Kulin down there? What was down there? Well, one way to find out. He let himself slide back down into the hole, righted himself and disappeared into the darkness.

He moved downward slowly and cautiously, looking at what his lantern light revealed. Twenty feet within, he saw a passage that went down to his left but that felt sinister and foreboding. The dwarf decided to continue along the main passage and at forty feet within came upon another hole that went up and off to his right.

He followed along, carefully watching, until he came to the end and to his horrified gaze, he saw the figure of a dwarf clutching the wall of the cave. It was Kulin and he was dead; his body drawn and devoid of all of its life blood. Nain gripped his axe tighter and gritted his teeth... something would pay for this! He heard a noise and turned quickly to the sound. The dwarf let out a yell as he saw the great spider clinging to the ceiling of the cave, its bulbous eyes glowing pale.

OOC: I will start a new thread for the combats...

I have to admit that the posts thus far have been kind of funny with everyone thinking they were getting sick  :lol: In truth, the Company has all failed to resist the spell Misdirection so for the next hour (until you may make another save... unless someone gives me a great inspire) you will be my puppets to do with as I please... mmmuahhaahhahaha  :twisted:

Have fun with the arachnids!!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat

OOC:

I have to admit that the posts thus far have been kind of funny with everyone thinking they were getting sick  :lol: In truth, the Company has all failed to resist the spell Misdirection so for the next hour (until you may make another save... unless someone gives me a great inspire) you will be my puppets to do with as I please... mmmuahhaahhahaha  :twisted:

Have fun with the arachnids!!

OOC: Neat. :roll:

Dirnhael rushed to the edge of the spider-hole, grabbing the end of the vine in the hopes of pulling their new companion back up. He shouts down into the dark chasm once again...
"Nain! We are ensnared by great spiders - you must get out of their lair!"

Wiseman

OOC: Well as bad as you made it sound we all probably were getting sick too  :shock:

Daelhun continued to follow his comrades, he didn't understand what was going on, and why they seemed to be returning to the same places they had just been trying to leave.  "It seems that whatever has us here wants us for good, we will have to fight out way out I fear."

tomcat

Situation: The Company has been split with Nain alone down in the deeps. At this time the remaining members do not appear threatened by anything...

Physical Modifiers: Although the lantern gives off some light, I am going to penalize any in the tunnels with a Dim Lighting penalty of +2 to TN's

Character Status: Daelhun is Winded -1, Durgil is Winder -1, Edrahil is Injured -3 and Winded -1. Be sure and check the status page for your available COURAGE - in case you need any.

Initiative:

Greater G. Spider (on Nain) -
Roll(2d6)+3: 6,5,+3 Total:14 Ouch!

Lesser G. Spider (unknown) -
Roll(2d6)+3: 2,6,+3 Total:11

Fengel Initiative -
Roll(2d6)+3: 3,2,+3 Total:8

Wiseman

"What is happening to us?  Why can't we leave this vile place?"  Daelhun asks, the effects of the magic completely foreign to him.  

In his many years with the Arthedainian army he had never been under the effect of such msytical and powerful devices and simply couldn't comprehend what was causing him, and apparently the rest of the party to be so lost in what seemed to be such an open and obvious area.

Daelhun held his sword in his hand, gripping it with an uneasiness that made him more than a little concerned.  He began to look around to see if he could see anything that caught his eye, namely the large spider that they had ran from earlier.

Observe (Spot): Roll(2d6)+6: 2,2,+6 Total:10

OOC: I am going to assume that my shield is back strapped to my horse and thus I do not have it, otherwise I shall also prepare that.

sdrotar

OOC: So there's six of us (Dirnhael, Edrahil, Fengel, Lunduf, Durgil and Daelhun) up here - who don't appear to be threatened by anything at the moment (yeah, right), and Nain down below, who's already facing a spider one-on-one?

Dirnhael's already standing at the top of the hole. If Nain called out for help, how long would it take for Dirnhael to get down there and join the fray?

tomcat

Hey Shawn,

Yep. You have the sitrep right. If you were to slide down into the pit and run to help him, it will take your 3 rounds to get there.

If you need anything else, let me know.

GandalfOfBorg

Initiative - (6+5)+2-1=12

"Eyes up, bows at the ready if you've got one," Durgil calls out.  He picks out a relatively safe vantage point to shoot from that offers some cover and prepares for the coming attack.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16